low impact cardio alternative

I have been using cathe workouts for a very long time, however lately some days I can not always do as much higher impact plyo workouts, i love the new low impact workouts and wish that her newer workouts could offer low impact - high intensity options, there are always some low impact options to most exercises but alot of time that decreases the intensity; please keep this in mind in the future, maybe there are others that would agree.

I sure do agree! I modify as much as I can, but some moves defy modification. I think Cathe said she was going to have low impact options on the two new DVDs. HOORAY! Can't wait!

I'd like to see some of the cast doing low impact alternative moves at the same time that others are doing high impact moves so that viewers can choose whichever move suits them without skipping any parts of the program. Unfortunately, it sounds to me as though there will be certain segments where the entire cast does low impact moves and others that are high impact. So while there will be low impact premixes, those of us whose joints cannot tolerate high impact will be able to do only portions of the program, not the entire thing. I hope I am wrong about this, but that's the impression I've gotten.

In previous DVDs, Cathe usually will start a move low impact. Then, after a couple reps, she bumps it up to a high impact alternative and says to stay with the low impact move if you want. I am happy with this technique. At least you know what the low impact move is if you choose that option and those who want high impact can do their jumping. Maybe this is what she'll do in the new workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.