Low Carbers & Friends - Sept 2012

Good morning all! What a happy September! (yes, I've had too much coffee...lool) I can smell the fall in the air already. And no, it is not the smoke from the fires since they are really all out finally. Get a little every once in a while, but just a smolder. It is that crispy morning and warm fall evenings. Yumm..

Almost done with that challenge. Slowed down immensely this week as I got some sort of head cold for a day, or less. Couldn't hear on Sunday my head was so clogged. Could breath fine, just not hear. So far it has gone away, could be just my head clearing out all the smoke. You never know. I've been down the allergy medicine like little Carter pills. Hmm, that just aged me, huh? I don't even know where that expression came from...

Talk later.

Rhea - I am just as psyched as you are for the cooler mornings and nights :D - spring and fall are definitely my favorite seasons :cool:! I don't know either where the expression came from, but I use it too :eek:. Lots of things seem to show my age anymore :p! Sorry you had the head issue going on - hopefully the crisp, cleaner air will help keep it at bay. I know I've been using a lot of phenyleprine these days due to the smoke :rolleyes:. But at least on the bright side, I can get it separately now, and don't have to take other things I don't need :).

Lita - I had to google the saying to see where it came from!! I thought that liver was part of it, but couldn't remember...yep, Carter's Liver Pills was the original name of the "medicine" and the feds, I think, made them change it to Carter's Little Pills because it was too confusing. Just a laxative, nothing to do with the liver. snort...What a world.

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry I have been MIA. Got a little relaxation in over the long weekend but finally got the exterior and interior paint colors figured out. The interior was relatively easy, the exterior was anything but! :p What a relief that chore is done, yippee! Of course, we haven't actually done any painting yet! :D

Work is still crazy but I just do what I can each day. Everyone is really understanding and I really appreciate that. :) Thanks for the hugs Lita, and the encouragement Melinda! My co-worker's mum passed away last night and other than feeling like a total wreck this morning, I'm doing better.

I must have missed that you hurt your back Melinda, I'm sorry! But I'm VERY glad it's better! Is this your first week of school?

Rhea, I am living vicariously through you on your challenge! And I'm really happy it's almost over for the both of us! :p I hope you are feeling better too!

I'm an apple also. And I had a dream last night that my mom told me my stomach is bigger than it's ever been. Thanks Mom! :mad: I'm doing pretty well on the eating but did better over the past winter for sure. And I am liking the wine more now too! I know it's stress and it will pass. When, I'm not quite sure! :D

We're continuing to have beautiful weather here so I'm taking BB out for a run everyday after work. And enjoying the dvd workouts at lunch. I haven't even worked out at home in 3 months I think! :eek:

Have a great rest of your short work week and thank you for starting the Sept. thread Lita!!

Tracy - Great to see you, girl :cool:! Congrats on getting those colors picked - that's a lot harder than you'd think it would be :eek:! The hugs and support continue - you got a lot going on, girlie! Sorry about your co-worker's mom - I know that brings back sad memories :(.

Rhea - My mom always said the liver part, too. Course, I'm sure she knew what the saying meant :p! Glad you Googled it - I was going to but forgot (like I tend to do 90% of the time :rolleyes: ) :eek:...

Melinda - Fingers crossed for your first week of school :D!

OK, school is stressful, what's new. Will take a few weeks to get the swing of things, but I'm still surviving.

I am doing STS, just started the 3rd week. This is kind of good, I won't have to think much about what to do for workouts during this semester. Adding biking, walking and dvds in between.

Tracy, glad you are hanging in there. That is good you can exercise at work, I'm sure it really helps out with time after work too.

Rhea and Lita, sorry you still have smoke. I've had a stuffy nose, allergies I'm sure as some leaves are falling, not a lot, but still the process is beginning

We have sunny cool weather. Very nice week coming up!

Melinda - Sorry it's tough but am glad you're hanging in there :cool:! I'm sure you'll be in the swing of things in no time :D!

Hey Melinda - you will get into the groove in no time at all. I finally finished STS. Now I'm at a loss of what I want to do. I like STS because it gives me my weights for three days and then I can just do a cardio whenever I feel like it.

Lita - our smoke has been gone for a while, how about yours?

Tracy - you must be off painting!

Rhea - We still have the occasional day but thankfully the smoke is gone for the most part. Well, it was smelly this morning but since we almost got to freezing last night, I think that was wood stoves & fireplaces going this morning ;). You know my faves are S&H followed by GS - those are 3 day set ups, too. Don't know if that helps, though ...

I don't have S&H, but I do have GS. I think I have a rotation that is going to include some the Tracy Long DVDs that I haven't done yet. I think they may be good for am workouts I'll just have to see right now I haven't been getting up cause I'm being lazy. So tomorrow morning I really need to start back up in the morning.

Rhea - It's been so many years since I've done anything but Cathe (or my own thing) that I tend to forget there are other workouts out there :p. I haven't gotten a Tracie workout since The Whole Shebang...

Oh my, I did an oldie this morning, Intensity Legs and Gluts...oouch. I'm already a hurtin. Not good sign for tomorrow. I'm going to have to visit those old ones a little more often.

Hi fit babes! I hope things are getting better for you with getting into the swing of school Melinda! We are having beautiful weather here--high 70s during the day and 40s at night, and all day sunshine--amazing for us! We've gone over 55 days or so without significant rain--yippee!

Rhea, I was painting! But actually doing floors with a moisture barrier where we will have carpet since we plan to get another pup someday. We started that awhile ago and then finished up months later. :p I paid someone to paint the exterior and I am so glad I did. It looks awesome! We picked a gray-green for the body, ivory for trim and dark green for the accent. It turned out better than I imagined. :D We still don't have sheetrock in yet--you were so right when you said the framing goes up fast then nothing happens for a long time.

Thanks for the hugs again Lita! Things haven't calmed down at work at all yet! :rolleyes: I'm thinking maybe by November it'll be better. I had one Friday where we interviewed people for 2 paralegal positions all day long. At 4:45 I was scrambling to order flowers for the funeral for my co-worker's mum that Sunday. Pure craziness! Right now it's review time (which is a huge, monstrous process) and our new hires start Oct. 1. So I've got to get goals set for them, do reviews and then set goals for 4 others. And my 6 month probation period ends Nov. 30. I cannot WAIT for the other paralegal manager to return from Afganistan March 1! :D

OK, sorry for all of that! No workout today except for a short run with BB. Will pick up the weight work again tomorrow.

Have a wonderful week my friends!

Jeez, Tracy, sounds like things might slow down for you by 2015 :eek:! Good luck getting through the review period. Not a fun time for managers or employees :rolleyes:! My word, until that other person gets back March 1, you're going to be used to sailing the ship all by yourself!

Melinda - Hope you're hanging in there :)!

Rhea - A picture definitely makes things more clear :D.

Hi!

OK, I think I'm getting a handle on school now, starting to get into a groove, somewhat. Next week the testing begins and I have 1 test a week for about 6 weeks. Between the 2 classes there will be 2 skills exams, 9 online timed tests and a math/ med dosing test. Some of this stuff has such high expectations with high scoring requirements, there's not a lot of room for error. I am getting to work part time for the company I used to work for, so still in the work force somewhat. It is so nice to be part time, though. It is per diem work, so comes and goes, but that's ok for now.

Rhea, I feel the same way about STS, I like being able to pick any cardio I want in between the wts. I am finishing up Meso 1 tomorrow. I have not done her low intensity series in quite awhile, so thought I could do some of that next week in my active recovery time. We plan on going for a BIG bike ride this Sunday if the weather holds out, may be close to 30 miles.

Lita, I'm about the same with working out, pretty much do Cathe stuff only. I have the same Tracie Long workouts, maybe those would be good for next week's off time from STS. STS should take me through the end of Nov or beginning of Dec. I do have a Yoga Zone power yoga dvd I do and really like, but don't do it too much.

Tracy, the house is looking good! I feel for you with work, sending you (((hugs))). When do you get to move into the house?

Well, I have to say that I now have all Cathe's dvds! I broke down and bought the slow and heavy and the pure strength. I did not have either of those sets and I want to have heavy weight dvd besides STS. I'm beginning to like that type of workout with just a few cardios thrown in....I don't mind doing the weights in the morning, cardio in the am is a different matter!

Rhea - Congratulations :D :D :D!!! I *love* S&H (as I'm sure you guessed ;) ) and PS is great for when you're not quite up to par or want a shorter workout. Of course, the downside is that they're not as user-friendly as the new ones - but obviously that doesn't stop me from using them often :p! I don't find myself psyched for cardio at ANY time of the day :eek:!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.