Low Carbers & Friends - October 2012

Wow, October already. I've been busy trying to get that darn decorating done. How it sneaks up on you.....

Did Pure Strength, chest, shoulders and triceps this morning. Ouch. I used pretty heavy weights for most of it but realized that I shouldn't be using as much as I did on some of the exercises. Too many reps and I was wiped. Arms still a bit noodlely but at least I know I worked them good!

Tracy - I did get those pictures, thanks! Love BB's birthday party.

I do like that it is mostly short. Not sure about the leg/ab one though, I've been avoiding it since I just didn't want to do the hour long workout....okay that has been my excuse lately. But I think it will be on the menu for tomorrow.

Rhea - Well, if you must, you can pare the floor work (18 minutes) ;) :p. Actually, I usually do the abs from that one with CST so they're more even in length :). When I do that series, I do one of the upper body workouts on Sat, then legs on Sun, and the other upper body on Mon. That way I get a break between the abs & the upper body both. Just food for thought :D!

Hi babes! Thank you for starting the Oct. thread Lita! Oct. already--ack! And thank you for straightening me out about the "new" dvds I figured it out after seeing the new series is still in pre-order mode. :)

Most of the time, I shorten leg workouts to about 45 minutes or they're completely fried. I like that Cathe will do 2 upper body workouts so I can spread the wealth of pain! I grabbed Supersets to do at work after reading about you babes doing thet one but ended up doing the GS series instead. And yup, I shortened the leg workout (only did the standing work) and I'm still feeling Friday's work today! :eek:

Still no sheetrock, ug. Waiting for the gas company to do their thing and they certainly aren't quick about it. :mad: We still have things to do though, like build a porch at the front door but DH hasn't been real quick about getting to that either. We are having beautiful weather now so we need to get on it. This is the time of year when it can get really wet really fast. But I can work in the rain too, have before. I go back and forth on being frustrated and then being OK about things because I'm not in charge. I have enough to deal with at work anyway, especially with one of the new hires giving me some challenges already. :rolleyes:

DH and I have had a little fun lately which I have missed--wine tasting tour last weekend and Oktoberfest this weekend with weiner dog races! As Lita said, Happy Fall!

Tracy - I do the same thing with legs, especially GS :cool:! 45 minutes seems perfect to me, too :D! Sorry the gas company and DH are dragging :(. Hopefully they'll both kick it up a notch while the weather still cooperates :)! Oh man - what a pain that new hire is already causing issues :eek:!!!! Need the skillet ;)? Glad you and DH are having some fun - you know what they say about all work and no play :p!

Hi everyone, been super busy with school and working screening events. I'm only working 2-3 days/week, but still seems like it takes a lot of study time away.

So I saw the new series that Cathe is selling on FB, I guess it's what she's working on. It is Xtrain. Is that the same thing as cross fire and to the max. I am feeling confused. And what is "ride". As you can tell, other than me knowing she's making a new series, I have not been paying too much attention, but am thinking I may order it. Please give me details (I know I'm being lazy).

Have a good weekend.

Hi babes! It has been quiet here! I didn't get lost bobbing for apples, but I did have fun watching weiner dog races! :D

I have pre-ordered the new series Melinda. It is not Cross Fire or To the Max, it is a new cross training series. And I LOVE cross training so I was thrilled to learn of it. I believe there will be a lot of premixes that will have a focus on arms or legs that are for short durations. Ride is a spin bike workout so I didn't pre-order that. I understand how little time you've got--I feel the same way! I went from working 9 hour days and having every other Monday off to working 8 hours a day M-F and I seem to have no extra time! :eek:

Thank you for your support Lita! Still no sheetrock and we got our rainy weather now. Stormy too! No porch either. But instead of dealing with the bouts of depression I used to get on the weekends, any down times are much shorter in duration because the house is a reality now and we'll move in there as soon as we can. :) And Oct. is a mess for me at work anyway. I don't have the time this month to take any time off to paint. And the challenging employee is coming along nicely. No problems since the one incident and I hope no more at all. :cool:

Did a Tracie Long workout today, then came home and did the cardio only from HIS. I can't remember the last time I did a workout at home but I LOVED it! Too stormy to take BB for a run today.

What is everyone doing for workouts this week? I'm planning
to do BM2 upper body work tomorrow. Here's to a healthy week!

Melinda - Seems time is in short supply for everyone :(. Oh well - at least it means we have lives, right :p? I'm NOT in to cross training like Tracy :D but I ordered it because it's supposed to have honest strength work - not endurance work. We shall see....

Tracy - So glad you're dealing well with the delay :cool:! I'm sure it IS much better now that you have definite proof it's happening ;). Doing PS recently with extra reps.

Rhea - I'm hearing an echo from your corner of the world :eek:! I know you love Halloween - but quit decorating and come visit, please :)!

Oh, I've been just moping about....lol...not really. Even though today will probably be a little mopey. Just found out that our IT head person passed away yesterday. No details or anything. He wasn't that old. Just reminds you that life can be very short, so make the best of it and don't waste any precious time.

Anyhoo, not doing much in the way of exercise lately. Been busy with re-oiling the log siding on the house. EEk, but it is done. I guess that was my mountain mama workout.....stack wood (had to move a bunch to get the scaffolding up) clean the siding and then hand brush it. I've managed to keep burning almost 2400 plus calories a day with just NEAT type activity. I think I'm going to try and get in a workout this afternoon when I get home and then up in the am for a workout with Cathe.

Rhea - I am sorry about your IT person :(. I don't know about him, but I lost two friends to cancer this year. Very sad - but you're right. It reminds me to (try ;) ) and enjoy every single moment. I'll admit I get more challenged than I like to admit with my roommate, though :p! Sounds like you were getting some awesome NEAT work in, girl :cool:! I personally think that's a great - and often much needed break - from the routine :).

Wow, two friends to cancer? Tough year, sorry to hear that. Probably the hardest is that we don't know why or how he passed away. And I think he was only in his 40s.

On a happier note, still haven't worked out yet this week! hahaha, happier note? Maybe I should have said lazier note...Haven't been too motivated to get out of bed in the morning. Am aiming again for tomorrow morning.

How's everyone else doing?

OMW, Rhea, that really IS tragic :(!!! At least my friends made it to their 50s. I think it's great to take time off now and again! Actually, I do it more frequently now than I used to - and I exercise less times per week, too :eek:. Not being a slug - just aiming for "healthy" not "athletic" ya know ;).

I am doing STS and into my 3rd week of meso 2.

Wow, a lot going on here. I think I will order the new series minus "ride"

Rhea, how do you know how many calories you have burned, do you have some sort of device that measures it?

got a gray day here. Been studying since 6am, yuck. Got a lot done, but it's not fun. I seriouly am ready for a break, but none in site until Thanksgiving. Trying to remember what both Rhea and Lita said, enjoy every moment.

Melinda - I know it's hard to do in the heat of the moment sometimes but hopefully with practice you'll be able to at least grab some enjoyment :)!

Hi babes! I'm so sorry to hear about your IT person Rhea and your friends Lita!! :(:(:( I try to enjoy every moment too, as best as I can! That may mean grabbing a glass of wine when necessary! :p

I didn't have a good workout week either and wasn't motivated to squeeze workouts in when I could have. I believe I am on track with you Lita! :D

Rainy season is in full swing here, till next June! :eek: Got BB out for a run today in between rain showers so I guess I did squeeze a little workout in this weekend. DH came home from the property soaked through his clothes so soup was the lunch special of the day. I am not even sure what shenanigans he was up to to get that wet--we have a garage to escape into there!

Melinda, I hear you about getting alot done but it not being fun. I got 7 employee plans done for the next year on Thursday--worked through lunch and all--got it done but it was a grind. But I had no problem patting myself on the back after it was done! :cool:

Here's to a motivating week for us all! :)

Tracy - So glad you could pop in :cool:! I hate to tell ya, but I think the last time I was motivated was 1999 or thereabouts :p! Maybe DH just wanted to impress you with his dedication to the project ;)....

Morning all! I guess my lack of motivation could be chocked up to the semi-flu bug had me. Ended up being sick on Thursday and Friday (along with DH, who was worse) So no actual workouts for me at all last week.

Btw, got the first dose of snow this morning. Yuck. Here's to a better week for all of us!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.