Low Carbers & Friends - Feb - ? - 2013

Shadow

Cathlete
Hey, gang :). I'm not sure we actually need a new thread each month. That's why I left the date open. Maybe we should just decide to do a new thread when we get to X number of pages?

Anyway - happy February, all :D!

Sounds good to me. l promise I'll come play more. Really.

I'm still fighting this darn cold. It decided to settle in the chest a bit and has just sat there. I get a little better and then I go backwards a bit. Really getting irritating.

How's everyone else?

Oh gosh, Rhea, that's raunchy :(! Maybe you need a nice, long vacation to do nothing but sit in your fancy tub (w/ the fireplace going and a bottle of wine in easy reach) every day until you're all better :D!

Actually that sounds awesome, but I do have a sinus infection. I gave up after doing some research and went to the doc. rats, antibiotics.

Well, my solution would've been more fun ;) but hopefully this will get you well a lot faster :). Take care, Rhea! I hope the minute you start to feel better you don't jump right back into hard exercise and set yourself back again!

Hi babes! Thank you again for starting the new thread Lita! I am fine with leaving it open as to when we end this one and start a new one.

I am sorry to be MIA. :( I seem to be so blasted tired everyday that after work I sit on the couch with BB and play solitaire on my IPod and do nothing else. LAZY! I need one of them vacations where I go to Rhea's house, and sit in the hottub by the fire with some wine! The only thing I will have like that in my new place is the wine! :p

We are getting there with the house. We've put in our notice to move by the end of the month but may not have the final inspection done before then. Fortunately, the apt. manager will work with us to stay longer if needed. For example, we thought we'd have the outdoor front and back stairs done this weekend but it's taking longer than we planned (as everything so far has really!) so we won't be calling to set up the final inspection tomorrow. Oh well! I've waited this long! I have been packing alot though. To the point where I have no place to workout in at home anymore. So I do it at work only. And still take BB out for a run a few times a week.

Anyhoo, I've done most of the new series and really like it! Last week was a bust on workouts so I did Travel Fit and Push/Pull rather than try to squeeze in separate upper and lower body workouts. This week I'll get back to it. :)

I'm sorry about your sister's financial shape Lita, did you decide on what you wanted to get her? Any of those places are good and I've shopped them all too. :cool: But I tell ya, I haven't shopped in a long time and I'm suffering withdrawals! :(

Rhea, I hope you are feeling all better now!

Hope to see you soon Melinda! I found out that the woman who replaced me at my last job moved back to Ohio (she got a better job offer). She mentioned that the cost of living is higher here than Ohio. That came as a surprise to me. :confused:

So what's on everyone's list for workouts this week?

Hi guys,

I'm beginning week 5 of an 8 week class I'm in. The class takes about 25-30 hours of my time a week. Needless to say, I am working about 10 hours/week. Glad I gave up the fulltime job, just not worth it at the moment.

To keep my sanity, DH and I have gone on 6 mile hikes in the park each weekend. We bundle up, it's an escape and when we get home we're pooped and sit on the couch and watch tv. I'm also still doing this rotation, but I have to say I've moved and subbed some things when time doesn't allow to follow it. I think I've done all the workouts, but not sure 100%

Rhea, have you read "The vit D revolution" I recommend you all read it, some good thoughts about vit D and people getting ill in the winter. I am now taking it. I've had a couple down times, but never got down and out sick this winter. Anyways, just a recommendion to investigate that further.

Lita, I think we can keep this thread a bit longer, I am just not making it here as often as I'd like. I still need to go back and read the rest of Jan thread.

Tracy, what city was that lady returning to in Ohio? It's pretty cheap living here. We have midwest prices, not sure if it looks to you like we're more east, but really, the feel/cost here is midwest for sure. I'm guessing the only place cheaper would be south of us, going into KY, TN and the south, but just by a little bit.

Have a good week everyone. Rhea, hope those antibiotics work for you.

It's so good to see you, Tracy and Melinda!!!! Now if we can just get Rhea to come back ;)....

Tracy - I think you have more than enough going on without a killer workout schedule, too! At the pace you've going, hopefully if you drink enough wine, the lack of FP and tub won't matter :p! But you're definitely on the downhill slide :cool:. I'm so happy for you :D! No, I haven't gotten anything yet. It'll probably come down to me getting her more heating fuel or groceries or that kind of thing.

Melinda - Sounds like those are some serious weekend hikes! You have a very hectic schedule - I think changing the rotation to fit your need only makes sense. Shoot, I'm not as busy as you but I still I swap every week depending on the day of the week :).

I've been here,......well, sort of! I'm finally over the whatever it was. I made myself not workout this weekend, just to be safe. I finally did a small workout yesterday ( I had a four day weedend btw with the holiday and I took monday off) Felt good. Also did a big cleaning of the house, the type that has you going until you can't stand anymore! (DH had to work yesterday, hehe, he had Monday off) I think I'll be back on the rotation sometime this week. Just not sure what I want to do yet. I might even do one of the workouts when I get home this afternoon. I'm going to play it by ear and then next week slide into those morning workouts again with maybe some 5K training in the evenings. (now that it is not dark 30 when I get home) Dog will like the runs! He'll get to sniff the neighborhood!

So glad you're finally feeling better, Rhea :cool:! Wow - you're getting pretty wise, my friend, actually taking the weekend off from exercise ;). Sounds like you were still a whirling dervish, though :). What else could I expect from you, right :p?

Yep, that was me....clean, clean, clean and now if I could only get to do my office better....get rid of that clutter!!!!

Fi
Funny thing about that "desk", it is actually the conference table. So I have a lot of room to add clutter!! I didn't get it cleaned up yet, but that is my goal this week. Spring cleaning you know. :)

Oh my - a whole conference table :eek:??? That does sound like a bit of spring cleaning might be in order ;).

Hi babes! Good to see you Melinda! The employee moved back to Columbus. And I've told a few people here about it and they confirmed that our cost of living is pretty high here. Good for you and DH escaping on those hikes! We can't hike here so much in the Winter, too much mud! :D

Actually, we've had a mild winter this year and I couldn't be more grateful. :) No snow or below freezing temps to prevent us from working outside. We bundle up though! DH and I finished our stair building today and DH will call to set up the final inspection tomorrow. Yippee!

Rhea, isn't it great that we are getting lighter and lighter in the evenings? I'm loving it! I'm glad you are feeling better, and good luck with the morning workouts! Dog will love the running in the evening now! BB doesn't run like a bat out of hell until our evenings are even lighter so I now enjoy a jog to his little trot. :cool:

Lita, what is your rotation this week? Is your weather getting spring-like yet?

Have a great week fit babes!

Yeah.....Tracy gets to finally be in a house!!!!! So glad that the final inspection is soon.

I haven't run yet in the evening...just haven't got myself to do it yet. Next week should be a different story though since I plugged in an eight week training program for my iphone. It starts on 2/24. So hopefully the weather will cooperate. Well, work too.

I have started the 90 day undulating rotation again....This time I actually read the rotation and realized that a lot of the workouts are premixes...not the whole workout....lol. So didn't do the entire Hard Strikes yesterday, just the timesaver as called for. Today I think is Bi&Tri plus core....so no timesaver there. Darn it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.