Low Carbers & Friends - 3rd Qtr - 2014

Lita, thanks for starting the new thread.

After meso 2 from STS, I've been doing the XT workouts along with biking. Looking forward to the holiday weekend coming up! It's nice the 4th is on a Friday giving us a 3 day weekend!

Have a good week everyone!

Hey, Melinda, good to "see" you. I am definitely looking forward to a rare 3-day weekend :D.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th :cool:!

Hi all! Thanks for the new thread Lita!

Haven't been able to be around much lately. I think I told you that my deputy got elected as the d.a. and was bascially ripped from my employ when the old da immediately retired. Then in the middle of all that (still looking to hire someone, process takes forever) my step-mom passed away. Not unexpected, but still tough on dad. So, I'm exhausted. I kept up with the P90X3 program until last friday when I was trying to force myself to workout and it just wasnt happening. Drank coffee instead. I'm hoping to take Thursday off, since I had to come back today after going to the memorial yesterday....long day. Had to travel to and from Carson City. I would dearly love a four day weekend.

Hope everyone has a happy fourth!

(((Rhea!!!!))) No, if you told us about your deputy - I am so sorry :(! I'm sure that makes it very tough on you and the office. And I'm really sorry about your stepmother. No matter how much we "expect" the end, it still hurts... I think with all you're going through, it's perfectly fine that you skipped a workout. Shoot - take another day off if you want ;)! I hope your 4th is relaxing and fun for a nice change of pace from what you've been going though!

Hi babes! Thank you for starting the new thread Lita! You keep us in track here and I appreciate it!

I too am so happy to have a 3 day weekend but Rhea, you deserve your 4 day weekend much more so! I'm sorry you've been going through so much and I am sending big cyber hugs to you! And good job keeping up with the workouts as long as you did! Like Lita said, I hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend!

I think my weekend will be filled with fun and landscaping work. Or at least buying stuff for landscaping work. Anyone know how to clean trex decking? That manufactured stuff that doesn't need painting or staining? I haven't found anythin yet that does any good! :mad:

Still winging the workouts and doing a stair climb once a week for training. At least it doesn't hurt anymore like it did the first week! And yes Lita, your workouts look challenging enough to me!

Have a great 4th babes!!

Tracy - Good to "see" you again :D! Hope you weren't too hot for your outdoor work over the weekend. I have no idea how to clean the decking :(. Glad the hardest stair-climbing hump is behind you :cool:!

Let's see - so far I've done longer workouts this week:
Sun - Muscle Max
Mon - Low Max
Tues - High Reps - if I get up early enough, the whole thing. Otherwise a premix
Weds - cardio of some sort - most likely Hiit or Tabata. I've been doubling the Hiit workouts since I have to modify so much :rolleyes:.
Thurs - Travel Fit - or the other premix on High Reps if I get up late Tues

Not sure why I'm doing longer workouts this week - it's not that I like them :eek:! Don't know why I'm doing more endurance workouts either.... Must need a change, I guess ;). On top of that, it was 80 in my exercise room at 4:30 this morning :confused:.....

Hi babes!

Eek Lita, 80 degrees at 4:30 a.m.!!! I hope it's a dry heat at least! We warmed up ALOT this past week and the humidity doesn't make it alot of fun. It's not horrible like it is in the south, but I sweat like crazy in it when I exercise, indoors or out! :eek:

You sure are doing longer workouts Lita--I'm limited on my time at work so that's my excuse for not doing the complete ones that are long. :p

I'd like to try the 100 rep challenges that Cathe put on the XT series. I'll do a cardio and then try 2 or 3 of them. I think there are 4 total. Has anyone tried these?

I got a little bored and took out some of my Tracie Long workouts. It's been a nice change to add them in. Doing PS upper body this week in the hopes of keeping the sweat level down a little! :D Did stair climbing after work today and we'll just say it finished me off. :cool:

Have a good rest of your week babes!

Here we are into the middle of July and I'm finally posting. I have officially been at my new job for 7 weeks, basically working 2-3 days/week and not until I just typed that did I realize I haven't been there very long. Feeling a lot more comfortable with things and actually for the first time glad I became a nurse. The work is hard but rewarding. I tried to have a rewarding experience with the Curves, but that didn't happen because of all the extra stuff that goes along with having a business. Anyways, can't wait to see how things will be a year from now.

Rhea, I am so sorry that you've had such a stressful time with family and work. I hope things get better for you soon and that you can get some down time to regroup.

Lita, like Tracy said, I hope 80 degrees at 4:30am was dry heat, but still! And you did cardio as well. We are having a polar vortex, got super great weather, low 70s, so nice and cool. I'm not complaining.

Tracy, I've been doing shorter workouts (even not being limited to the work thing like you) but I have been focusing on that, then just trying to be active with yard work, biking,etc which is not the focused workout, just being active.

Our garden is doing great, got lots of cucumbers and yellow squash. Tomatoes are on the plants, but still green. I've been using some frozen tomatoes from last season, blending them up, cutting up the squash and adding garlic salt and pepper and cooking it until the squash softens up. It's is so good, everyone is eating it up! No worries for constipation in this house!

I got Jillian Michaels inferno yoga workout dvd at the library. It's not bad. 2 workouts that are 30min each. Not sure if I'll buy it though. I can renew it 10 times, I'll be tired of it by the time I'm done renewing it, lol!

Have a good week. DH has 2 weeks until his job is over. He's looking, of course, but I have a sense of calm about the whole thing, not like last time. I feel everything will be ok.

Melinda - I am so very glad you chose the right course to follow when you went back to school :cool:! Your garden is far ahead of mine - but other than a few exceptional days, we've been mighty cool for summer. That's just fine by me :p! I think summer will officially arrive over the next several days but the reprieve was nice while it lasted :D!

Tracy - I don't know why I'm doing longer ones :rolleyes:. I've been doing 45 - 50 for the longest time. Guess I should've been doing longer ones now that RM is not at home but... For sure when she comes back to my care they'll all be short again :eek:. But it's okay then since she's quite a workout by herself ;).

Rhea - You hanging in there :)?

A few sad days around here. A coworker had a stroke a month ago and was recovering nicely, then just died in his sleep. Went to viewing yesterday, was very hard. Just so unexpected, he was 58.

Oh Melinda, I am so sorry :(! Many cyber wishes coming your way! It's always so sad when they die so young...

Melinda - Hope you're safe in those storms back there :eek:!

Tracy - How goes the step climbing :)?

Rhea - You are still here, right ;)?

Thanks, Lita. Yes, it was so unexpected. The guy was fun to be around and it's so hard to imagine.

I am surviving the storms. I drove through one yesterday. One good thing, I realized our new car handles very well on wet roads, I expected to be hydroplaning, but never did. Was very happy about that.

So I have a job interview tomorrow for a full time position. They are willing to hire a newbie nurse. She said she was more interested in finding a good personality fit and someone willing to train. Well, since I'm new, I know whatever I do I will have to train, so that's not an issue for me. It is for a home based dialysis company. DH loses his job on Thur, this couldn't have come at a better time. I will have to leave the other pt jobs I have, but can't pass up a good opportunity. Will let you know how it goes. I got this interview based on a friend that I grew up with and her just getting hired there. She gave them my name.

DH just brought me the first tomato of the season from our garden!

Melinda - Fingers crossed :D!!!!! Oh yum - garden tomatoes :). Glad your new car handles so well in storms - the way the weather is going anymore, you just might need that feature a lot :eek:!

Okay, I finally got over here to post! Been busy and I haven't posted anywhere for any of my forums.

My new deputy started yesterday, so things should slow down. k Yeah!

I haven't been real good on the workouts lately, just too darn tired to get up in the morning. Of course, if I could get to bed earlier, it would probably help. Hard to get to bed before ten with the sun being around until nine. Plus it had been hot in the evenings. So not even going out for a walk, too sticky. Okay, that's my excuse am Im sticking to it.

Melinda - so sorry to hear about your co-worker, he was so young. Very sad. HUGS.

Lita - glad to see that you are enjoying the longer workouts and semi-coolish weather. Must enjoy the heat while we have it right?

Tracy - I see that you are going gangbusters too. I need to do some of Tracey's workouts. I have done hers in a long time. I think I even have a couple I haven't done yet. But now that I'm out of the need to break a big sweat in order to get a workout mode, I probably would love them. Especially the shorter ones.

Talk to y'all later.

Rhea - It's great to see you :cool:! Hopefully things will slow down and the deputy will work out really well :). I might have to go back to shorter workouts - seems like every time I do longer ones, I gain weight :eek: :rolleyes:. I'll give it another week ;) and if I'm still up a couple pounds, shorter workouts here I come :p!

Hi babes! I am not getting consistent notifications that the forum is jumping with posts! :mad:

Anyhoo, great to see you all! :D

Fingers crossed for you on your job interview Melinda!!! And good going on your garden! We are slowly getting our place landscaped so no garden this year. And no real landscaping to speak of either! :p What kind of car did you get? I'm so sorry about your co-worker too, it's so unfair to lose people when they are young and fun to be around. I am happy to see you are calm about DH's job ending, you know that you will get through this just fine. :)

Lita, we had a pretty cool summer last year so I hope it continues for you! Do longer workouts make you more hungry and you eat more? I don't notice a difference in weight on me with the workouts I do, I just know I could stand to lose a little! I never step on the ol' metal monster but I have been dipping into the peanut butter a little too often. And that's just during the week. I won't even discuss the weekends! :rolleyes: But in my defense, such as it is, I haven't had a cycle in 6 months so maybe I can blame that for my less than healthy choices of food and drink! Yeah, yeah, that's it! :)

Rhea, congratulations on getting a deputy so things can lighten up for you!! We're sticky here too. And I don't like it much! But that doesn't stop BB from wanting to go outside for a run/jog/walk. So I do that and there's no end to the suffering, LOL!

I have my stairclimb challenge this Sunday. I've been looking forward to not doing the training after that but some of the women I share the stairs with don't want me to stop. I may be a good example or something because I'm quite a bit older than the regulars! So I may stick with it for awhile. I only punish myself once a week with it. :D

Talk to you soon fit babes!

Tracy - So glad you popped in :D! Good luck on Sunday! As for the longer workouts - let's put it this way, some days I could lick the paint off the walls waiting for the next meal ;). I also think water retention plays a part. Fingers crossed, usually when I go back to 45/50 min workouts the weight goes back down. I've slipped a bit on the weekends too - so that hasn't helped :eek:. Not major slips - just enough, it seems, to make the metal monster get wonky on me :p.

I'm hearing a serious echo in here, ladies ;)!

Melinda - How'd the interview go? You and DH hanging in there now that his job has ended? Any prospects for him?

Rhea - Let 'em all go to jail - come out and play :p! JK :D!

Tracy - How'd the stair climb go? How's the darlin' BB doing :)?

This week is PS uppers, LBB, HiiT 30/30 (doubled) and MMA:KB. Of course, I modify/change everything, including the upper workouts :rolleyes:. They're mostly there for background noise :p!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.