Low Carbers and Friends - TFN

Shadow

Cathlete
Well, ladies, not sure if I really need to do this ;) but here we go. I think for now we'll do it TFN until we get more chatty :).

Thanks for starting the new thread, Lita!

Wow, weather across the country is crazy, I have a feeling we're in for a bad winter! We had 4 tornadoes the other day, one just south of us. The wind woke me up, was a little concerning. Next morning they announced it on tv.

Tracy, just saw on the news about the high winds and people abandoning their cars on a bridge in Seattle. They also said a lot of people lost power, hope it didn't effect you.

Still working on XT, nothing exciting to report. Just got over a cold. I'm just not sleeping very well and was so worn down, it didn't surprise me I got sick. Taking antihistamine to force myself to sleep, 5-6 hours is not cutting it for me.

Have a good week everyone!

Okay, I need help...TFN? time for nothing? hehe, I can't even thing of anything more clever...oh yeah, it's Monday. Brain not in gear.

Finally did a premix of the Flex workout. Boy did I get out of shape for leaving out weights for a couple of weeks. Must get back to it. Flex was a pretty good all over endurance type workout. Compound exercises which got your hr up.

I think I will try to do a X10 tomorrow even though I want to do a yoga to get these achy hips stretched out.

Hope you are all doing well and avoiding any cold storms. We're just cold here, nothing much in the "s" department. (don't want to jinx it by saying that word.)

(((Melinda)))!!! I think you need to skip the workouts - and anything else you can put off - and rest!!! As Cathe would say - "Just a suggestion, take it or leave it, right?" :p So glad those tornadoes stayed away from you! Wind is an awesome, powerful and even fearful thing at times!

Rhea - You nutcase :D! 'Til further notice. It's an ad term :). However, I relate more to Time For Nothing than I do the other, most days ;)...

Tracy - You doing okay, girlie :)? I'm with Melinda in hoping you were outside those winds, too! I will admit I was stunned people even had the nerve to try and cross that bridge. Guess to me, that's a special kinda idiot that would even attempt it :rolleyes:....

I kept thinking "ta ta for now" TFN. I have no idea why that keeps coming to mind.

Feeling blah today and actually this whole weekend. I think it's a combo of winter setting in and the big let down after being so busy. Feeling a bit lost. I will snap out of it, but just not feeling so great.

Melinda - I like that one, too :cool:! I think you need to take at least a few days and just pamper yourself :). You've been through a lot - I think some unwind time is definitely called for :)!

Melinda - I would say just rest too! I think it is partly the "want to hibernate" thing. I'm the same....not wanting to do much in the way of exercise, but am getting my eight hours of sleep in!

Hi babes! Thank you for starting the new thread Lita, and defining TFN 'cause I didn't know what it meant either! :D

I'm home sick with a cold. Grrr. :mad: And BB is confused because I haven't taken him outside for a run and is doing all those annoying things doggies do to get attention. Grrr again! ;)

I live 60 miles south of Seattle so I get most of what that city gets. We had a nasty wind and rain storm on Saturday and fortunately, only had very short power outages 3 times during the day, and no falling trees. I purposely got a gas stove top so I can still heat things up and cook when the power goes out. My area is not the first priority to restore power! I had to laugh though--the minute the power goes out around here, the neighborhood in the hills across from us starts up their generators. It's loud! :D As for those idiots who tried to cross the bridge, well, they were idiots! I didn't see the story though.

Looks like Melinda and I are resting and Rhea is getting good sleep, yippee! How are you doing Lita?

I was planning to start the 90 day XT-LI series rotation this week but that won't be happening! And taking this week off from workouts will set me back from starting it next week. I need to build myself back up a bit muscle wise before starting it or I will get too sore to stick with it. Grrr again!

I equate Flex Train with Super Cuts from XT with a few differences. Super Cuts is shorter and tougher, and Cathe lets you get some water breaks. Flex Train is longer with no water breaks but not quite as tough on you. I like it. It's a good overall endurance workout. I still haven't done either Party Rockin' Step yet.

Fog finally went away, replaced by rain. The norm around here! We just had fog on the day of my housewarming party so that was good! The party went really well but it took awhile to recover from it. :) It was a lot of work getting ready for it!

Here's to good health, resting when you need to and no snow!

Tracy - So glad you could pop in :D! I am so sorry you have a cold :(. Hope you soon feel better! Just taking it day by day, watching out for the speed bumps in life ;).

As for the Seattle bridge, I watch the Weather Channel so I'm on top of all the news :p! I may never get to see my forecast :rolleyes: but I know what's happening everywhere else in the world!

Hi everyone.

I have a 3 day weekend, beginning Friday! I definitely need the break. Going to just do little things and take it easy. I was crabby today, so I know I'm just pooped.

Tracy, sorry you have a cold. I'm over mine, but still have a tiny bit of sinus stuff from it. I know someone who has a generator and he told me how much it costs to run it for 24 hours, and it's quite a bit of money compared to utilities. I have a gas stove, too! I can always cook no matter what, and there's always the grill outside.

Rhea and Lita, I am resting!

Yeah, three day weekend....me too! Glad you are resting Melinda!

Tracy - sorry to here about the cold.. BB is probably just anxious and bored. Mine will do that too...just stare at you as if it is your entire fault that he is bored. Oh well.

Lita - sounds like just the same ole same ole at your house. Anything new and exciting in the future?

I was going to do the November rotation, but will have to totally sub stuff in. I'm just not getting up in the morning and no cardio in the am for me.....but since I'm not doing so much in the evenings anymore (no daylight) I don't really mind eating a little later and then just going to bed by 9:00 and sleeping until after 5. I did Intensity last night, first time in a long time. I don't even remember if I had actually done that one before....:) I had to stop a couple of time and just catch my breath. It was rather fun and I think my goal for the next two weeks (before Mexico) will be to get through the whole thing without having to stop, clutch my knees and gasp! JK, I wasn't that bad, but I did have to stop to rest the quads a bit. I don't know how I would ever do Intensity with Cardio Leg Blast the next day... If I remember right, that is what she had on the rotation. WTF? Ow. I think I'll pop in the #1 step workout of the new ones and see if my legs can handle step two days in a row. Probably not, but what the heck.

Oh boy - looks like I'll be the only one here on Monday :(. Good thing I'm not used to a lot of chatting here ;)!

Melinda - So very glad to hear it :cool:!

Rhea - Unfortunately, in my house "new" usually equates another problem to contend with :rolleyes:. So now that we had that this fall, I'm hoping only for plain old boring same old same old the rest of the winter :p.

Rhea, sounds like Mexico will be a nice warm place to visit. That's exciting that you're going!

Lita, same ole, same ole here as well. But that is fine. I'm adjusting to the early, darker evenings. I get so tired once the sun goes down. I told DH that when we're older I can see us going to bed at 8a.m. and getting up at 5a.m. Hey, wait a minute, that sounds like me now, LOL! I got Fri off work, but had to be at work at 5a.m. today, that meant getting up at 3:30a.m. DH said he doesn't know how I do it and i seriously questioned my thinking on saying I'd work that shift today. Oh, well, it's over now.

Still working on XT. I think that is one of my favorite series, I never get a dread factor for it. I have to force myself to do other workouts. I will complete this 90 day challenge, then make myself do something different for Jan/Feb.

Tracy, hope you're feeling better.

Melinda - XT is definitely the best so far in my opinion, too :cool:. So many workouts have the nasty dread factor - nice to not have that with XT!

I'm sure that early shift is a bite. I remember when I went from working 11am to 1am (yes, 14 hour shifts) then changed jobs and had to be at work at 5am. Talk about a shock to the old system :p! But on the plus side, I adapted and I'm sure you will too :). Just takes a bit of practice ;).

I'm off to Mexico next Friday! Yippee....nice warm air. We won't be that far into Mexico this year. We are going to a place called Puerto Penasco, on the sea of cortez. To get there we fly into Phoenix and then drive into Mexico. Not looking forward to the drive, but it sure will be better than the shuttle drive. Then we will also have a car to drive to town with....the town is about 20 miles from the resort.

How fun, Rhea :D! I take it you've been before? Do you get to stay long or just a few days? We'll want to see pictures when you get back, you know :cool:!

Hi fit babes!

I echo Lita--CONGRATULATIONS MELINDA!!!! You're free, free at last!!
:D:D:D And you can relax and enjoy the season!! Unless you are getting up at 3:30 on a regular basis! :eek: I can do that once in a while....

Oh Rhea, I am going on vacation with you in my mind! :cool: See? I have my sunglasses and everything! I hope you have an awesome time!! Relax and have a margarita for me please, will you?

Lita, I hope it stays same ole, same ole for you!! How's your weather? And what workouts are you doing this week?

Turns out I've been enjoying the cold and flu season immensely! I thought I had a cold and went about things as if I did, including getting back into workouts after resting and ran smack into a wall. Went to Urgent Care on a Sat. and found out I had the flu and I went down hill from there before coming back up. (And yes, I did get a flu shot this year!) So no workouts again last week (and the ones prior to that made me so sore I could hardly walk, silly me to keep pushing it)! And lots of rest. (Slept 10 hours after work one day!) Hence, no posting. :( So yesterday I started back uo on the workouts with Hard Strikes. Then coughed the rest of the afternoon. Going to the Dr. tomorrow. Geez....

Anyhoo, I am having T-Day at my house with my family (Dad from CA, sis from Portland and DH) and pretty excited! We've gone out to dinner the last few years so this will be nice. What are you all doing?

I hope you babes have a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving!!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.