Low Carbers and Friends - June - August 2013

Shadow

Cathlete
Okay - in honor of Tracy's birthday the 7th and Rhea's birthday the 19th, I thought we'd go wild and start a new thread for summer :p!

Melinda - When is your birthday :)? Somehow you've never made it into my infamous calendar :eek:!

Happy summer, all! Hope you all get the heat and let me stay cool here in my corner of the world ;)!

Hi you wild babes! Thanks for starting the new thread Lita! And for the birthday wishes!!

I'm afraid I got wild with the organizing/cleaning/social stuff and when I wasn't doing that, I spent the time being exhausted! :p We're still not done but progress has definitely been made. And since we packed every single thing from our last house and hauled it up here, I now have a big pile of crap, er, I mean worthwhile items for a garage sale. :D

Melinda, I hope you enjoy the volunteering! Has your son graduated yet or is it any day now? I always liked having my birthday in early June because it meant school was going to be out soon!

Rhea, 2 more days till your next challenge starts! You go girl!! As Lita also requested, please let us know how you do. I am really having a tough time with motivation to clean up my eating (on weekends) and the wine! :eek::( I'm hoping as we get settled in, that motivation will kick in.

But I admit, I can't even fathom giving up the coffee anytime soon! So for you babes that did, you ROCK!!

I am still doing the undulating rotation and I like it! No boredom. On week 6 and ! just do what I can. For example, only got 3 workouts in last week and that's better than nothing.

Taking Friday off to celebrate my birfday and Monday to recover from it, hee hee!

Take care fit babes!

Tracy - Hope you have a splendiferous birthday and even better long weekend :cool: :D!!!!! Glad you're getting settled in - I think you're being active enough without worrying about those workouts ;).

Hello! Thanks, Lita, for starting a new thread! This can be our summer one! My bday is Dec 18.

Happy Birthday Tracy! Have a great weekend celebrating! I'll have some wine and think about you :)

DS has graduated. We spent all last week getting ready for his party/graduation. Now it's over, glad to have done it, but glad it's over. Very stressful and exhausting.

Weather wise, we've had a cool week. I don't think it even got to 70 degrees today and now it looks like rain for the evening.

DH and DS went to MI to help cut down a tree for my MIL, so it's me and the cats. Spending some time with friends and doing lunches. I'm feeling groggy today, I want to do some sort of upper body workout, will get to it eventually.

I am still doing XT workouts, just not following the rotation. I just love that series and I don't have a dread factor with it at all.

Rhea, good luck with your summer challenge.

Volunteering is getting off to a slow start, but I've only done one week of it. Hoping things pick up.

I am at 3 1/2 weeks with no coffee and sleeping much better, feeling better over all. Anxiety is cut way beyond 1/2 what it was before. I will keep this up over the summer and see if there's been some long term changes in how I feel. When school starts if I keep feeling like I do now, then I will know it's been totally worth it.

HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOU!

Hope you have a wonderful day and that DH completely spoils you.

Melinda - You are now in THE calendar :D! How cool to get some time to yourself - hopefully you're enjoying the bit of solitude. Fingers crossed you keep up those great coffee-free results :cool:!

Oh I forgot to tell you. I have to confess. I did Circuit blast the other day and realized that I had never done that workout before. ;(.

ROTFL, Rhea :p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder how many others you have hidden in your cache that were never done ;)?

Oh my :eek: :eek: :eek:! The next series you ordered will be at your place soon, too! So many videos, so little time ;)....

Rhea, I'm pretty sure I haven't done all the workouts I have either. This gives me the idea to pull them out and take a look.

I decided to do STS again, going a bit heavier. I get a dread about some of those workouts, especially the ones that go over an hour. I love 45-50 min workouts now. Can't believe I used to do Jane Fonda's 90 min workout 25 years ago, that thing was insane and never ending. So, I think I could do some of the cardio workouts that I have neglected from past series along with STS. And I may just drop some of the last sets from STS to shorten them at times.

We have biked, but not as much as last year. The walks in the woods will probably stop during the summer due to bugs, esp mosquitoes. We've had a lot of rain and they are out in full force.

Glad to see you, Melinda :D! I'm with you on the workouts - even my fav S&H seems too long :eek:. I was thinking of hauling it out but like you said - might crop off a few moves ;). It would be better if I weren't adding on PT exercises every day but those take time too and there's only so much in the day :p!

Hey, Rhea, I hope you're lurking so I can wish you a very happy birthday for tomorrow :D! Anything special planned :)???

I've been lurking! Nothing special planned unless you think that an annual boob smash is special!

I suppose I should report my first week of the challenge here too since you ladies are part of my "support" group! I think I have finally found a bit of the key. Actually lost almost four pounds the first week. Did lose some lean body mass, but I've been really trying to manage the food intolerances, so the body is probably releasing all those toxins and fluids from the inflammation. Still working on it since I've tried to add more protein with the whey isolates. Had a few too many in a row and I can tell by the "fluffiness" in my fingers and stomach. But I lost an inch off my waist and almost an inch off the hips....amazing what the food intolerances do to you. Well, I have been working out like a mad man...actually, not that much, but walking a lot. Trying to get between 10-20k steps a day.

BTW, did another Cathe I hadn't done before and loved it...STS Total body. Yehaw, that one made my arms rubbery. I think I still can't type too well. But I did heavy up, the only set I had to back down was the chest flies. I'm supposed to use 20s, but just couldn't hack good form, so lowered to 17.5s.

Yep, summer to sizzle and chisel!!

Oh gosh you party animal you :p! Just gotta love the annual stuff :rolleyes:... Congrats on your first week :D!!!!! And an even bigger congrats on figuring out a key part of the equation :cool:! There's no stopping you now, girlfriend :eek:! I've only done STS TB once, I think. I'm pretty sure Tracy likes it. Maybe I should give it another whirl....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.