Low Carbers and Friends - 4th quarter 2014

Shadow

Cathlete
How'd we get to the last quarter of the year already :eek:????? Gosh - that means things here are going to be even more quiet than ever :(! Hopefully someone will come entertain me now and again ;) :p!

Is anyone reading up on the new series? I thought LI was a part of it - but everything I see so far is definitely HIGH impact :( :( :(. Hope I didn't waste money getting it - I already have a ton of workouts I can't do because of the impact. And if I have to keep "re-scripting" them to make them hip friendly, I might as well just buy music and save my money not buying full series ;)....

Or maybe I'm just in a whiny mood today :rolleyes: :eek:.....

Hi Lita! Thank you for starting the new thread! I like that your bouquet is back too!

I believe that they are posting pics from the LI Hiit now. But I understand why you don't want to waste your $ on HI stuff! :mad:

I'm heading to FL tomorrow and will be in Daytona Beach on Friday for the RT. I will try to post while I am there. :)

To (hopefully) be ready, I did Supersets, Afterburn and Super Cuts this week. They almost did me in! :p

Hope you can pop in Rhea and Melinda!

OK fit babes, I was wrong! You do have to choose to be given an email when someone posts. I clicked on Other Options and it brought up the box(es) to check. So check away I will!

Huh - my option was automatically selected.... Oh well - as long as we all end up on the same page that's all that counts, right :D?

Tracy - Have a marvelous time :cool:!!!! Hopefully you'll have the energy to check in once Cathe is done with you :p!

Rhea - Where are you :(?????

Melinda - Hope all is well in your corner of the world too - especially with DH's job search :)!!!

Hey, everyone! Tracy, have fun, can't wait to hear about your trip. Are you staying a little longer to make it a whole vacation?

Lita, still no word about DH's job. Soooo, we are going to paint the kitchen! We've been wanting to do it for several years now and we have the time. He is prepping next week and we will paint the following week, I actually have 2 days off from work, I have been working EVERY day, this last stretch goes from Oct 7 - 20th. I am getting worn out. I have not really looked at the new series, but can't wait to get it. I hope it is not all HI impact too. Have you had a hip replacement? Did you say you had an accident or something happen several years ago, I can't remember details.

Rhea, hope you are well.

Melinda - I know you're gonna love that kitchen after it's painted! It took me 16 years to paint my interior and it was one heck of a huge job (did it all the same summer, all by myself) but boy did it look nice when I was done. Well, other than where I slopped, that is :eek: :p.

I am getting my new hip the 13th. Just wear and tear - typical arthritis, down to bone on bone. Actually, acc'd to my orthopod, HI isn't necessary at all for good bone health. Once I recover, I should be able to sleep at night, not have a constant backache and be able to do anything/everything EXCEPT high impact. What a deal, huh ;)?

Wow - you certainly deserve some time off work :eek:! Hopefully till I get back here you'll be rested, the kitchen will be fresh and DH will be employed :D!

Lita, good luck with the surgery, wow that is Monday! What I'm doing now at the skilled place is treating dressings and watching the wounds heal from knee and hip surgeries. There's also a few back and abdominal surgeries, but mostly joint replacement. Are you going somewhere for rehab or having it at home. Let me know how it goes

Thanks, Melinda :). I'm having the surgery as outpatient then I will go out for PT - there's a place about 6 blocks from me where I will get it done. I'll drop by next week (assuming I can remember after all the drugs :p ) and check in.

Hi babes! Good to see you Melinda! Enjoy your new kitchen paint! There's nothing like a new coat of paint to make everything look new again. I also hope you get more time off soon! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for DH too. :)

Lita, I hope you are doing well after your surgery and you're able to sleep again without back pain!

Rhea, hope you are well!

The RT was great! I also saw cousins in Orlando so I did make it a vacation that way too. I really don't know where to start on it but I would be happy to answer any questions you have. So fire away! I hope to get it all written down sometime but I don't have a lot of time for that these days unfortunately!

Came home with a cold (it didn't spoil anything for me) so I haven't worked out this week at all. :eek:

Stay healthy fit babes!

Hi everyone!

Lita, Hope you are doing well after the surgery.

Melinda - are you knee deep in painting? Fingers are crossed for DH's job.

Tracy - I keep looking for you on the roadtrip pictures. It sure looked like a lot of fun.

I haven't been able to post much since my ipad app doesn't seem to work anymore, so I have to remember to take time and get on the computer.

DH and I had a slight cold last week, so I haven't worked out. I really need to get my tush in gear though, the mirror is not being very nice.

Got to get back to weight training!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Found a new app that has the forum on my ipad. Different and took me a while to navigate it, but so far I like it. I see our avatars and everything now. I didn't see them before (I don think...cant remember and cant go check! LOL ) :) Not sure about smilies too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhea - So happy to "see" you :D :D :D!!!! And yes, I am doing well, thank you :)!

Tracy - The back pain has returned :( - but at least only about a 10th of what it was before. Probably (hopefully, fingers crossed) will go away once I become more balanced and my L hip becomes stronger. That's my prayer and I'm sticking to it, anyway :cool:! So glad you got to enjoy the RT - don't forget to email photos to those of us who don't FB :p!

Hey Lita! Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully the back pain goes away soon. I'm sure that it will get better once you get the okay to start workouts again too. I always get a sore back when I haven't worked out for a while.

Which reminds me, I finally did a weight workout this weekend. Did one of the premixes from Flex Train. I started out doing the whole thing and when I was getting some fatigue in the legs from the warm up I decided that it would not be a good idea to do the whole thing....and that was very smart. Did the shortest one on there.....39 minutes and was glad when it was done. Haven't done heavy weights for such a long time. I needed it....but was very surprised about the strength and flexibility I have gained from Piyo. So I am going to do a mixture of workouts to get me back up to snuff on the weights and continue the Piyo for the flexibiity and upper body strength (mainly in the triceps and shoulders)

Well, I had better get back to work. ;p :0

Hmm, those smilie shortcuts didn't work.....wonder where they are on here?

Rhea, glad you were able to get a workout in! I'm sure that felt great. As for my workouts, I've been doing upper body this week (modified, of course, since I can't lie on my bench yet) plus daily PT for the lower body and I've ridden the exercise bike, too. And yes, it did ease the back pain. I was actually allowed to start exercise (upper & bike) any time after surgery but with the anemia, thought I should wait until the light-headed spells were gone ;).

Glad you are no longer light-headed Lita. Such a good girl to keep working out. i would have taken the week off!! I've been pretty good this week and got three workouts in, took yesterday off and will be back at it tonight.

I'm either doing Piyo Sweat or a Legs and Glutes premix.

Rhea - I'm a bit too dedicated for my own good now and again, lol! But maybe that's why the doc told me yesterday that I am his star patient! And why PT thinks I'm doing better than any total hip they've had to date.

Or it could be coincidence ;)! And wouldn't you know, the one area I have issues with (my L adductor) is something my PT hasn't seen in anyone else. Just like me to be so odd, lol!

Hi babes! Darn it! It's been too long since I've posted since it's been pretty active here!

Lita, I am so glad you have been recognized as a star patient!! I knew you'd kick butt on getting active again after your surgery, but it's so nice to hear it from the medical profession. :) I am sorry about your L adductor though! Maybe that will calm down once you are fully healed. I hope!!

Rhea, if you can point me in the right direction to get this app on my IPad, I'd really appreciate it! I've had no luck with it so far!

I have making notes about the RT but haven't written them up yet. I'm still catching up from 3 weekends of being out of town! :eek: I will email them to you all when I get 'em done. Please be patient though! :p

So far, I haven't seen any close up photos of me from the RT on Flickr or the Daytona RT forum which is just fine and dandy with me! I don't know if all of the photos are on Flickr yet but I check now and then. You can get to the Flickr photos from Cathe's homepage I believe, just scroll down to the bottom of the page. They have some on the top left of the group if I remember right. Hee hee! How helpful is that?!? I also have 18 photos I copied that I can email to you if you wish although I am not sure if your work email will accept them Rhea.
But let me know if you want them, OK?

Got back into the workouts slowly last week but managed to do a old goodie today--Bootcamp. Don't tell Cathe this, but I think her workouts got harder in general from the Hardcore series forward. :eek: I've looked at all of the photos and info from the new series and there doesn't seem to be any workouts that are an hour in length. They run from 27 minutes (yeah! I'm sure it will kill me dead!) to 46 minutes. There may be one that goes to 53 minutes but I may not be remembering right. The workouts all ran together for me after awhile!

I plan to start stair climbing again once a week this Thurs. My friend wants me to join her in Seattle for a climb on her birthday in early Dec. She assured me it wasn't too bad a climb. HA! I'll be the judge of that! :D

Have a great week fit babes!

Tracy - So glad to "see" you :cool:! I'm really getting fed up with the whole adductor issue, believe me :mad: I mean it has now been 2 weeks for Pete's sake :eek: ;)!

As for the stairs, you rock, girl! Those things kill me every time, no matter how slowly I take them. I'm panting like a dog on a hot summer day before I ever get up a flight, let alone a couple of them :eek:.

Glad the new workouts are shorter - now I'm just hoping for LI versions. Speaking of workouts, pix of you at the RT would be marvelous :D.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.