Live DVD Series

ashaw

Cathlete
After watching a short clip of the Roadtrip Live workout that was posted recently, I think a Cathe Live! DVD series would be a fun and unique project. I've done Turbo Jam and Chalene Johnson has two DVD's in that series that are live in the gym where she teaches her classes. I loved both workouts because it was a fun setting and made me feel like I was part of those classes.

I did some brainstorming and a Cathe Live! series could follow a flow almost like The Intensity Series with Upper and Lower body workouts, a Boot Camp style workout, a cardio and weights circuit, High and Low impact HIITs, and a high rep workout like Muscle Endurance.

I think it would be so fun to have a live DVD series for those of us who aren't able to subscribe to the live service. Actually, it might sell memberships for it when people find out how much fun it can be!

I don't subscribe to LIVE either, however we have purchased LIVE workouts and burn them to a dvd. If you have a stick port on your player or TV, that may work without having to burn them. Cathe usually has a sale on them for Black Friday week ... just an idea.

I don't subscribe to LIVE either, however we have purchased LIVE workouts and burn them to a dvd. If you have a stick port on your player or TV, that may work without having to burn them. Cathe usually has a sale on them for Black Friday week ... just an idea.
I just found out from Aqua girl that live workouts can be purchased individually! I can spring for few of those and what I need to find out is if I can cast them from my phone to my Roku player and big tv or somehow download the Cathe live Roku app and watch them that way. When I did Pvolve a few weeks ago, I would cast the workouts to my tv via my Roku.

Apparently some Roku players have a USB port and if you were able to download onto
a usb thumb drive, then you should be able to put the thumb drive into your player and
choose and watch that way on your tv. I don’t have a Roku…I did a search about it.

I am not sure, but I don’t think downloading the CatheLive app on your Roku would work, for a download you purchased….I think the app is only for streaming, if you have
CatheLive.

If you do, you can download directly to it if you have IOS 13 or higher. If you go to the
downloads shop page, on the right, there is a tutorial explaining how to do that. Then,
if you get a hdmi adapter to hook your phone to a hdmi cable to your tv, you should be
able to watch on tv.

If you do, you can download directly to it if you have IOS 13 or higher. If you go to the
downloads shop page, on the right, there is a tutorial explaining how to do that. Then,
if you get a hdmi adapter to hook your phone to a hdmi cable to your tv, you should be
able to watch on tv.
I do have an iphone and my Roku player is the Express model. Its very small and there's one plug to the HDMI and another plug for the power which I piggyback off the USB port on my DVD player. But when I did P.volve, I would screen mirror my phone to my Roku on the Apple home kit. So, I think I can do the same thing!

Sounds like you might have it figured out! I would try the free class first to make sure..
In this week's newsletter, I did see the link to download it. also, I would watch that tutorial
about downloading directly to your IOS phone (Apple) first too.

Sounds like you might have it figured out! I would try the free class first to make sure..
In this week's newsletter, I did see the link to download it. also, I would watch that tutorial
about downloading directly to your IOS phone (Apple) first too.
Oh that’s a great idea, I can do a test run with the free live class to make sure I can do what I need to go with my Roku and tv before I buy anything. I feel like I can get it to work like I did with Pvolve. But I need my big screen because I can’t workout using a little bitty phone, tablet or laptop screen.

When I can carve out some time, I’ll do a test run with the free live class and go from there. If for some reason it doesn’t work it’s not the end of the world because I only have around 90 Cathe dvds to work with!!!

Yea, it’s pretty neat, and actually I have a couple of them (never can have just 1 of something that I really like :)….. I don’t think the Keedox is available anymore, but looks
like there are several on Amazon that looks just about the same.

I never thought about using a usb stick with the port on my player. I’ve always used it to piggyback off the power supply for my Roku express player. I’ll have to do some tech prep on that free live workout. I don’t have a usb stick and I assume that the workout would have be downloaded to my husband’s laptop and then saved to the usb stick. I bet I could get one at Walgreens. They actually have a lot of phone and tech items. This way might be much easier than the Roku and screen mirroring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.