Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hey girls,

Today I did: JS 5 Mile Mix (2, 3, 5 Mile) + Denise A. Blast Away the Pounds walk = 56 min + Supreme 90 Legs = 33 min.

Diane Sue - we always had a front load washer and never had anything like this happened. The washer and dryer come with the house, can't complain to much, lol. The washer does washes nice. Sounds like you had the same set up as we have right now. We always have to move everything out the small laundry room. I does have one of those water tubs, just in case. The water came out the door. Now we have to paint the guest bathroom once its complete dry. I think I will change the color in the bathroom too. Maybe we should wait to paint, we want to remodel the small bathroom anyway? Good job as always on your workouts.

Doreen - S90 is a very good workout program. I had my DD buy and bring it to Germany for me when she visit us. It was only $10 for the entire set:) Can't beat that, right? https://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-T...321336&sr=8-1&keywords=supreme+90+day+workout Good job on your workout as well.

That's it for me today. It's raining like crazy here. BBL!

Belinda, when I got Supeme 90 it was 25 dollars for the set which was great. I really was surprised what an excellent program it is. I love that ab workout with the stability ball. The cardio always seemed to move pretty fast. All of the instructors are in excellent shape and inspiring.
It will be nice to spruce up the smaller guest bath with a new color. At least the guest baths are usually much less work for painting other than getting in all of the tight spaces.

Diane Sue- Thank you! I previewed a couple they do look like fun. Challenging enough to not get bored of the combos. So- one more thing on the endless list.....

That and Supreme 90! HA!

This morning I did the Upper Body 1 from Metashred Extreme, again programmed into my phone's interval timer off the blog. This one did not impress me as much. Maybe because I didn't have the right band strength figured out yet or didn't get the tempos right or something. There was very little back work. Lots of bi and tri work. Again the first 30 minutes are all band exercises, then you start using DBs. Anyway- I'll look through the blog again to see if there is more back work in the other upper body routines but IMO the SandS Ramped up has a much better upper body workout with bands.

Hey girls,

Busy day today. I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. I did JS Low Impact HiiT walk = 30 + JS Belly Fat Premix Strength & Intervals + 30 min pilates cardio.

Diane Sue - I think the price dropped to $10. I couldn't resist on the set. I can't even remember where DD picked the set up? It's been such a long time. It's a really good set. I agree about the instructors and cardio. I go on my own pace.

I will be back tomorrow.

Doreen, is Metashred a male female instructor group or just one? I have not looked at it. It seems that a lot of mail instructors tend to be more focused on the arms and chest in a lot of workouts. This is not always true, but something I have noticed. I think band work can do a lot for you and has it' place. My problem with it is if it is hitting shoulders I tend to get more pain out of it than just muscle soreness. I loaned my heaviest band and superband loop to my grandson. I told him he could not keep it. I am not sure how long he will use it. Susan Chung has some different abs moves on her workouts and some nice stretches. I like that there is some strength work combined in there and lots of premixes and options that you can do.

Belinda, nice work today. I remember friends telling me about Walgreens having the Supreme 90 for 25 dollars and I went and purchased. 10 dollars was a great deal. I was happy with 25 dollars. They do some pretty intense warm ups on Supreme 90 but not as much as they did on Insanity. I always thought I needed a warm up to do the warm up on Insanity. Especially first thing in the morning.

Well a quick youtube search yeilded the supreme 90 full lenght workouts. So I've got them saved to a playlist to try out after I tryout tapout xt. Gotta love YT sometimes!.

Diane Sue - BJ Gaddor is the trainer and it is produced by Men's health. There are two female exercisers per Jen's review. I relooked at her blog and all the upper body seems really weak on back. So with that discovery I've decided not to buy it. As much as I feel I would love the lower body dvds I feel I would equally hate the upper body dvds and feel half of my $$ was wasted. I may change my mind. I always hold that right. Especially if the new fit tower dvds that Cathe is working on don't appeal to me.
Lately I've bought into the theory of working the larger muscles and not so much on body splits that focus just on the bis and tris.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today's workout was Rapid Fire Results. I did the Rapid Fire remix version with the metabolic weight segments between the combos and drills. Funny, I got over 50 calories less burn this time doing it this way. 74 minutes, 519 calories. Max Heart rate was 176. I used 1# for the drills and combos and 5# dumbbells for the metabolic work, abs 8# med ball.
I am hoping I have time in the morning to get in a leg workout.

Doreen, I wonder why some instructors are light on some body parts. I remember doing a Rachel Cosgrove rotation from a book and she did not work arms. I kept adding them in myself. Then, looking at her at the time she really did not have defined arms. I am always surprised how many workouts that you can find on You Tube. I just need to ask for my Supreme 90 workouts back. I am not sure if they are still using them. My granddaughter was using some of the workouts and she had came and asked for some to help her Dad with strengthening his core and back. I have so many workouts that I need to go back over again.

Hey girls,

Workout for today: JS Mega walk + S90 Chest, Shoulder & Triceps + Project You: Yoga + inner tight workout.

Diane Sue - I really can't remember where DD bought it anymore? I know, I only paid $10. Maybe she had a coupon? Good job with your KB workouts. I think I will do one tomorrow.

Doreen - good job!

Good night, everyone.

Kickbox seems to be the theme of the day.... this morning I did Amy Bentos Body box- all cardio premix and the followed by rockout knockout cardio with gloves section to round out an hour.

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body Blast timesaver 1, Blizzard blast with the w/u and stretch, 33 minutes, 208 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Lower body mix, rnd 1,3,&5, which took me 40 minutes stopping at each giant set rnd to adjust weights and write what I had just finished, 218 calories, I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Lower Body Stretch, 20 minutes, 53 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 470 calories.
Total Body Giant sets weights: Not all reps are written down here because Cathe does some at a fast & slow rep pace then finishes off with singles. I may even be wrong on some of these. I hate to stop working to go write notes down. I wish she put the reps down on the print outs. It would make decision making better.
round 1
squats 50# 4 reps at 1/1/single , 8 singles
rear sliding lunges 15's unsure of the reps
plie squats 50# Unsure
side slide lunges 20# dumbbell 4 2/2 count then 8 singles
dead lifts 30's 12 reps
round 3
wide stance deadlifts 60# barbell 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 20# dumbbell 16 reps
diagonal lunges 20's 12 reps
static lunge 25# dumbbell 16 reps, 7 reps, 7 reps
warrior lunge disc and body weight
round 5
squats 40# 12 reps , 4 @1,1,2 count, 8 singles
deadlifts 60# 12 reps
plie squats 45# 12 reps(may be the same rep sequence as squats
sweeper lunge disc 24 reps bodyweight

Belinda, nice work on the Supreme 90 Day workouts. I am enjoying the kickbox workouts and they seem to help with the muscle definition.

Doreen, nice idea mixing the body box cardio premix with Rock out Knock out. I bet it was a good effective kickbox workout that way.

This morning I did S&S bootcamp mish mosh pm #2. Then I did All in 18 10 min metabolic mayhem. And metabolic mayhem it was!! I think I was breathing harder in that 10 minutes that in the entire bootcamp wo. A great finisher.

Did you see the fit tower presale was announced? Just as I suspected I'm going to wait until I see video clips. I may eventually pick up the total body one if it looks like I can do with my squat rack.

Reactions: WD
Hey girls,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I did my workouts in the morning than DH and I took off shopping :)

Yesterday I did CIA Criss Cross Cardio w/Sherri Jacquelin = 60 min + JS 15 Min Cardio Blast and 15 min Standing abs.

Today I did S90 Cardio Challenge + Weight Watchers The Ultimate Dance Party TB Blast = 43 min (very fun workout!!) + JS Strong, Feet, Ankles = 15 min.

Diane Sue - glad you enjoy KB workouts. You inspired me to pull one out yesterday. Good job with your workouts.

Doreen - I got the newsletter and saw the announcement. I am not getting those.

That is it for me today. Have a great weekend everyone.

I just finished Maximum Intensity Cardio, 73 minutes, 627 calories. I almost feel I am cheating myself out of some calories. Cathe's workout manager gives 705 calories which matches up with my Calorie calculator based on my heart rate average of 149 and gross calories burned 738. Net calories was 686 with the calculator. I lowered my burn to what a met value of 8 would be. Cathe's has 9. This workout has always been a tough one for me. Meaning I am breathing hard a lot and there are times where I have to pause to catch my breath. Surprisingly the Fit Bit gave me 500 calories with heart rate 149/max 185. It does pretty well with heart rate accuracy. My dvd player froze up during the stretch. GRRR! I need to get another one. I want blu ray though as we have a lot of blu ray dvds + the television I workout on has 3D. So, I found a dvd player and put it in my Amazon cart. They are not near the money that they used to be. I got in 7 142 steps this morning.
Be back in awhile. I need to shower.

Belinda, I used to have that kickboxing workout. When we lived in our last home I had cabinets all along two walls of my workout space and I put all of the workouts that I hardly did in one of them. I kept out all of the ones I used most of the time. Anyway, when we moved again I took note of those that I had just went 2 and a half years not even caring to do and I got rid of them. There were some that I remember being decent workouts, I just had others that I would rather do instead. I was looking at my older notebook of workouts and times and mixes I kept, this morning and thought I need to get a red pen and mark off the ones I no longer have. Glad that I inspired you to do kickbox. I pulled out Strike Zone with Tracey Staehle to put into my workout mix next week.

Doreen, I bet you were breathing harder on that short workout than the bootcamp :) I need to go look at the Fit Tower Workouts. I would sort of like to have the Fit Tower but I need and want so many other things more. I need to get the new dvd player.

Diane Sue - I can't remember the last time I did that KB workout? I always thought is was tough workout. Now I like it! I do have to do the same as you, mark off all the ones I don't do or hate. I been putting dvd's into the donation box, just can't bring myself to do them anymore. I am not a big fan of the Fit Tower:( The tower has 2 bars across the floor, it get's into the way of the workout, IMO! If you want the tower, I am selling mine. Good job on Strike Zone. Need to pull it out soon.

This was soccer tourney weekend. My son played at 8 am an hour away both Sat and Sun so we were up and out early.
I did get back this afternoon with enough time to run errands. I stopped at the thrift for a belt and found 2 Patrick Goudeau dvds. Playball and Quickstep.

So for my workout this afternoon I tried the first 35 minutes of supreme 90 Back and Bi workout from youtube then did Quickstep. I almost shut quickstep off after the first 5 minutes but decided to stick it out. It turned out to be an ok routine but I will probably not return to it. There are other step workouts I enjoy more. But for $3 no harm done.

Supreme 90 Back and Bi is a good workout too. I'd probably get tired of the break to demo the moves if I did it frequently. It's almost eerie how much like P90x it is... down to the way he tells you "8- 12 reps".

Rest day and family brunch after church today. Not so good eating this weekend. I made pumpkin crumb cake muffins for today and Friday I made cinnamon twist rolls. I ended up having a muffin for dinner the last two days.

Belinda, I still have some workouts that I tend to look at and not want to do . I keep pulling out older ones off and on. So far though I like the ones I have chosen so I guess I will keep them. I have noticed the bars on the bottom. Do you have the older Fit tower or the newer one? I heard the newer one was a bit easier to set up and sturdier?? I am not sure. It seems that the newer workouts might require one though. Did you get the dvds with the tower you purchased? How about the bar clips? I will think about it. I need to be sure I need it and how much I would use it.

Doreen, we must have been typing at the same time. It sounds like a couple of busy days. I would think if I was up and out early the workout would have not happened. Good for you. I liked Supreme 90 better than P90X though. I think the people had a more inspiring physique than P90X. I guess Tony is humorous though. I think that you need to try more of them before you decide. At least you have not had to pay for anything. To be honest, I do not remember breaks to demo the moves. I must have just started the moves or used the time to do some jumping jacks or something. I am not one to stand around and do nothing with any workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.