Lifting like girls

Lib, you are unstoppable! I never would have thought of having Bi's and Tri's as a "midnight snack" like you did! Glad you got it done, hope you got a bit of extra rest the next day. Did you end up going camping?

Tom, condolences to you and your family on your mom's passing. I know what you mean about sad but merciful. Hopefully you can enjoy some good memories and family time, and that will outweigh the stressors of settling the estate.

Justine, hoping you are enjoying your trip!

Hi Roz, Karen!

Yesterday I did boxing and today I did Stability Ball Total Body Weights Live (7/31/14). Felt strong with the weights today, something I haven't felt for a few weeks!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Back home again! Yay! I'm one of those that likes my own bed and routine.

Lisa, I obeyed instructions and (almost) did your cardio routine - well, tabatacise. But close enough.

I've finished my deload week, and I'm somewhat in fear of the next mesocycle, after hearing how long it took Roz.

Karen, that non-leg leg workout sounds exhausting.

Tom, well done on the weights. I've not heard of nitric oxide use. Do tell us more (originally I thought laughing gas, but I think that's nitrous oxide???).

Lib, flat is definitely a uk term, although we've started using apartment. Flat is such a weird word when you think about it.

Off to host my dh's birthday party. 40 guests. Why oh why did I agree to this?

Good Morning Commandos! Well I had a 3M workout (Monday morning massacre) and it felt good! I had some fun with sequences on flat bench. I worked up to a double at 215 and decided to drop 10# each set but add a rep, so I dropped to 205 and managed 4, all the way down to 135 and was going to do a burnout set there, but ended up being exactly 11, finishing off the sequence perfectly! I finished with 3x8 inclined bench at 145 and 1x20 pushups (all I had!) and 1x25 cable crunches. I hit the prison pullup bar last Thursday and did 1x12 neutral grips. I was surprised I could and it was not really hard, but I couldn't have done another set due to elbows. Justine, I am still chuckling about the nitrous oxide!! I don't know much about nitric oxide, but I am trying it for awhile to see what happens. I also take creatinine and I know something is working because things that used to seem impossible are now routine. Hope this week is a great week for everyone!

Very inventive workout Tom. Glad you could get some pull ups. I'm going to have to research nitric oxide.
Sorry about your mum. Even when expected, these things can knock us sideways.

I've finished my deload. Thank goodness for a proper workout today. I did close grip bench, chest supported BB rows, tricep cable pull downs, Lat pull downs, seated BB presses and decline crunches. I can feel my traps stiffening up already. It was worth it for all the carbs I got to eat, though!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend, and none of you did anything too weird for the solstice! No pagan barbell workouts?

Tom, I am sorry for your loss.

Everyone is crushing it.

My son is starting do much better. He even got up and helped me in the garden yesterday.

Today was super cuts. I have never done it before. I like it! It's quick though. Those sit outs are very tough. I had to pause the DVD and just go at my pace.

So...........I had a date this weekend. It was very romantic! I rode up to warransburg, or was supposed to, didn't see the turn, and ended up in Garden City. Texted my friend what had happened, and he gave me more precise directions.

We had lunch, then he said he wanted to take me to Paradise, with that twinkle he always has. I looked at him funny, and he showed me where a lake connects to a small town outside of Kansas City.....called Paradise. So we rode there, then swam, and watched the air show that just happened to be going on. And all the sail boats. Then we went to a Late lunch/early dinner...... LobsSter, shrimp, and salmon with grilled zucchini.....then He asked if I would like to sit and rest, ride more, or shower off before going to listen to music. Because I know him so well, I chose to shower off......dead bugs isn't always a pretty look. So he worked on homework, while I showered and changed.

I thought about just heading back, as I don't like riding at night, but friends were in KC, and one was actually staying in the same hotel as him (no hanky panky for this lady).

We went to the place, and my friends were on the upper deck, there was music, laughter, and deep conversation. My friends left, and my close friend told me to call her if I needed anything. With a wink, she was gone. My friend and I stayed about another two hours talking. Then he took me back to the hotel, and at the door he finally kissed me.

I could hear the ladies on the other side of the door giggling, kept thinking, I don't have time to date, and oh my, I can't feel my toes anymore.........

The next morning, he showed up tapping at the door with coffee and asked if I wanted to ride. We rode around for a bit, he was I want to travel to N Carolina this summer, but riding in large cities make me nervous, so we rode around several of the highways until about 10 am, then I decided to head home. He kissed me goodbye, and asked if I would be available Friday for dinner. I said I should be,

So, that explains why I didn't workout yesterday......ps........doing all out lower body hiit, and then Tabatacise the next day makes the calves SCREAM for days!

Justine, Tom, I think I'd prefer the laughing kind of oxide. That's really the only thing that makes going to the dentist worth it (sorry, Tom). :)

Justine, I'm like you: I need my own routine, my own space, my own bed. Tabatacise is within the accepted realm of cardio. Nice work attacking your traps today! No pagan rituals for me, just sadness that we are now on the downward slide of sunlight hours in the day. It's still light well into the 9pm hour here but Summer Solstice is a reminder that winter is coming whether I like it or not! How did your DH's bday go? Hosting parties is so stressful for me. I stink at it!

Tom, you punched Monday in the face with your workout today! Way to go.

Karen, how are you?

Lib, awwww! That was such a sweet -- and extended! -- date. You are the best for giving us the details. Any Commando worth his/her salt enjoys a good love story. So, when's the next date? This guy sounds like a goodie! Congrats for getting your workouts in, too.

Roz, hi!

Today I did STS Meso 1 Disc 6 legs. Just because.

Have a great start to your week, friends.

how on earth did I miss the naked deadlifts???? Lmao!

Today is my rest day, taking the motorcycle in for a full service. Baby needs pampering!

I decided to take some measurements today. In the month of Xtrain, I have lost 9.6 lbs! Dropped 2 inches off my waist, 2 off EACH thigh, 2 off my hips, 2 off my chest, and .5 on my calves- (They are building muscle like crazy)!!!!!

Major Happy Dance!!!

Congrats Lib, wow!! Short and sweet lat day, 6x10 pulldowns, 3x10 pullovers, 3x10 dumbbell rows, and crunches and 1x15 dumbbell curls. Lisa, I used nitrous for kids and the cowardly...now I know which category you are in...lol!! Karen, I tried to find a satellite feed on your deadlifts but no luck!! Justine, sounds like you are in store for some upcoming grinder workouts..hang in there! Roz, hope you are well and killing it!! Make Tuesday " all it can be" friends!!

Good morning everyone. Yesterday morning I was thinking about doing my workout outside. But then the temperature climbed to 99 degrees, and that was all she wrote about that. It was a leg day, squats, deadlifts, leg extensions ( my husband helped with negatives. I hate those, they almost bring me to tears) and hamstring work with gliding discs, and calf raises. Again, in a circuit. Great metabolic workout. Tears included. Hope you are all well, have a great day!

Lib, rock on girl! Your dedication is paying off! Awesome results for an awesome Commando.

Karen, weepy workouts are the best. It's hard to tell the sweat from the tears. We've had some major hot temps here and then a freakish cool down and now normal. WTH?

Tom, YES, count me in the wimp category, although last month during the health nightmare I experienced I had a doc tell me "wow, you must have a really high threshold for pain" based on the symptoms I had been enduring without pain meds. I've kinda worn that as a badge of honor because all my life I have considered myself a pain weakling. Good workout today, almost all in multipliers of 3 (your 10 reps for the first three exercises should've been 12, dangit!).

Roz, Justine, hello ladies!

Today I did a Chest and Triceps workout of my own creation with 1 minute cardio accelerations (step ups, slam its, etc) during the rest time. I like doing that because it gets my heart rate up and I'm able to lift heavier because of the 1 minute upper body rest.

Impressive workout, Tom. As always

Those must be really tough, Karen. Wow

Lisa, last word I would attribute to you is "whimp"

Today was Xtrain: Legs. I see improvement every time I do this one. I was actually able to do all of the ball roll ins! With my booty elevated!! I did the single leg up -roll ins also, but not elevated yet, but will get there!

Going to be very hot today, and the lakes are already extremely warm, so going to clean and play inside games with the kids.

Today was Xtrain: Legs. I see improvement every time I do this one. I was actually able to do all of the ball roll ins! With my booty elevated!! I did the single leg up -roll ins also, but not elevated yet, but will get there!

Going to be very hot today, and the lakes are already extremely warm, so going to clean and play inside games with the kids.

Well, I had tears in my eyes reading these posts. Could have been the super cute date lib had...or the naked deadlifts....or even the thought of dental work....or just my doms from yesterday. Who knows?

Great workouts being posted. Lisa, I like the cardio blasts in between the lifts - I would try that if I had the energy! Tom, great upper body stuff, and Karen - sounds killer.

Lib, fab on the XTrain results. Well done! I agree with you about the sit-up push up combo in supercuts being too fast. Tall girl problems?

Yesterday I did squats, sumo squats, deficit deads, hamstring curls and calf work- I didn't think I'd pushed it too hard, but I can barely walk today. Luckily it was upper body today. Close grip incline bench, face pulls (like bent over rows but the bb goes to your face rather than waist -killer), close grip curls, chin ups and bench. Finished with abs.

Roz, hope you're ok and that meso 3 hasn't finished you off !

I liked it twice!!!

Today's Slacker Report features Tom. Today Tom had leg day...Tom did not show. Bad, bad Tom. Tom feels bad...Tom should, Tom was bad. Tom will try to make up tonight, but we all know Tom...may not occur. Tom could not face leg day at 5, so Tom did pushups instead??? What??? Tom is senile!!! Tom does NOT deserve to be a Commando, he will try to be better!!

This morning I brutalized shoulders to make up for legs? I did 15 sets of strict press (not near any prs but tons of volume) 3x10 side lats, 3x10 rear delt flys, 3x10 front raises, 3 sets of barbell shrugs x35x30x25 then 4 sets of single leg calf raises and 2 sets of cable crunches. And Lisa, I did ride the bike for 1 mile prior...gotta bump that up, but I don't want to go into the w/o tired and too tired after! Dilemma!! Do it right my "braver than me" friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.