Lifting like girls

Karen, don't remember that SNL skit but sounds funny! I do remember Hans and Franz who were there to Pump You Up!!! Lastics is intense, from what I remember. I recall there was chatter on the forums about it and I looked it up at totalfitnessdvds. Whoa, that lady is a rubber band!

Tom, you definitely worked to failure but glad no injuries were involved! My DH finds the funny SNL clips for me and so that's about as much of SNL as I watch. Couldn't sit through an entire episode.

Yesterday was LEGS! I went for another Body Fit by Julia workout. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. That sums it up. Today was Pumped Upper Body Live.

I love Body By Julia! She definitely kicks some butt! I love it when she picks up her child and does squats. She is funny. No more SNL for me. Just not funny any more. Give me Rosanne Rosannadanna, Dan Ackroyd, John Belushi and the gang. It was funny then!
Just finished the Tuesday workout. I'm dripping sweat everywhere! This is kicking my butt! More Lastics! (Ithink I'm addicted!)
Haven't seen "Gladys" for a few days now. Maybe she is trying to keep her kids busy during the Summer break.
Have a great day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all.

Been so long. A lot has been going on. I am trying to rebuild my strength, but still have some balance issues and tingling in right foot. Which of Cathe's beginner cardio workouts (or other?) would be great to start with?

Doing weightlifting and adding in swimming and kayaking now that it's summer. Just so weak still.

In the first six months I had quite a few emergency surgeries. I have been doing chemo every other week since October. Last scan showed no new growth and all tumors had a slight reduction in size. This is huge because the cancer had been horribly progressive. It was beginning to look like I didn't have a chance.

I have missed you all, think of you often.

Yes, Lib. So great to hear from you! Like Karen said, you have been in our hearts. You've got lots of support in this check-in. Never forget that. I am so sorry for your health challenges. I admire your attitude. In terms of working out, what about walking? There are loads of free indoor walking workouts on YouTube. Look at Jessica Smith TV and Jenny Ford. Walking is great because your speed and your arm movement can get more powerful as you get stronger.
We're here for you. Sending loads of friendship and positive energy your way

Thank you. Apologies for not checking in sooner. I had a long and hard battle with depression.

I'm not walking like I should. I might do some Leslie sansone for cardio for now.
I decided to start STS was th my son....then he chickened out 10 mins in....but I did the first workout. Now I'm thinking I should just go to the fit tower workouts. I can't find a rotation for the original dvd's....I'm now thrilled I bought the advances series and a few other sets. I'm going to take some me time And do this.

I will need to draw from all of you. My youngest is freaking out ....I have tried to explain that it will help me get stronger so the chemo weeks will be better. So, he is now watching me like a hawk.

Thank you so much for your help.

Lib, forgot to mention to check out your local library. Mine has a good variety of workout DVDs, maybe yours does too? Hopefully the movement will be a boost for you. Exercise is my antidepressant drug of choice, but obviously there's no shame in medicine if you need it. Exercise is a great add on. Just please listen to your body. Another Cathlete is currently going through chemo. She has a blog, 2lazy4gym.com. she has had to scale back her workouts because of the chemo and she writes about what is working for her now. Maybe this would help? Take care of yourself, and do what you can. Maybe STS is a bit much just coming off chemo? You and your doctor know best, I'm not trying to be a downer. I guess I am like your son...worried about you. Sending you hugs

Lib, it is really great to hear from you..often wondered how things were going and glad to hear of the reduction in size and no new tumors!! Do what you can, but now is not the time to wear yourself out..easy, gradual strength increases fill the bill!!
Today was shoulders and I pretty much "stressed the Press". 8 sets of seated militaries, 45x8 65x8 85x8 105x8 125x5 115x7 105x8 and 85x10. I followed these with 2 sets of seated db press and had to go light 45s x9 then down to 35s x12. I didn't have much left press wise, so I did 3x8 side lat/ front raise (dropped to 20s)! and 3x15 rear delt flys (40s) and finished with 1x8 chins, 1x20 BB shrugs (225) and 2x20 seated knee ins. My shoulders were fried, but they need it..not a strong bodypart and they need the work! Off to maybe fish with the grandkids and tomorrow, probably go swimming.....yay summer! Take care all!

Thanks for the info. I will look her up.

Today was back and triceps. I did well. Not sure if I want to tackle STS legs next or substitute one of the other leg workouts.

Lisa, I have more workout videos than our library. Lol

I did a few mins on the max5 twic yesterday. Wow makes my legs burn.

Ok, taking the kids and kayaks to the lake. It's horribly humid today....so water is the answer

Yesterday was MMA Boxing + the bonus Heavy Bag segment. Tom went AWOL for leg day, so I did legs today to compensate to the Workout Gods, lol! No sweat, Tom, I will do legs all day long over "stress the press" day. No thank you!!!

Lib, yeah, my personal DVD library is ridiculous too. I just meant to look at the library in case you get bored, lol! Glad you are able to get out in the sunshine with your boys. They must be so grown up now!

Karen, hey girl. What's up? I didn't realize that Gladys has kids at home. How the heck does she have time for 4 hour coffee talk??? I can't even have 90 seconds to go to the bathroom in peace!!!

I didn't realize that Gladys has kids at home. How the heck does she have time for 4 hour coffee talk??? I can't even have 90 seconds to go to the bathroom in peace!!!

I know, right? My kids would be burning down the house! Her older kids are teenagers now, and they have the duty of riding herd on the younger kids.
Well evidently I bought an Eccentric workout (don't know when) at least a year ago, I guess. So I found it, and it was the WOD! Nice pleasant moving, nothing strenuous or killer. Just what I needed. Worked a little in my veggie garden, (yes Lisa, I was dressed in nun garb) and that's about it. Too hot to move. One of those hot, hazy, lazy days of Summer. My air conditioning was set at 85, and that felt good, when I came in from outside.
I think my next project will be to go through all my workout DVDs. I need to purge some of this stuff.
Nice work guys! Always killin' it. (with a smile) Glad you're back, Lib! Tom, we need to talk about that leg thing! Nice work Lisa! Love the Heavy Bag from MMA Boxing!
Later!

Well today I issued in the 69th year of existence with...what else.., ARM DAY!!!! I blasted those pups, 24 sets and I was gonna go with an easy day but decided, nope, I'll never be any younger so go fer it!! I did super sets and did 4x10 pushdowns/ 4x10 ez bar curls(90)..4x10 skullcrushers (45s)/ 4x8 db curls (45s)and 4x15 kickbacks(40s)/ 4x8 conc curls (40). I finished with a long set of light bench 135x15 just to finish tris off. Then, swimming with DW and the grandkids!! Had a great day, BUT DID NOT dress like a nun..,should have though...kinda fried in more ways than one lol!! Hi to all in Comando land!!

Karen, how is life at the convent? Tom, I am pretty sure you'd have to be a monk or a priest. No male nuns allowed!

Tom!!! Happy birthday to you, yesterday!!!! Balloons, cake, confetti your way.

Karen, excellent stretching lately. Are you a rubber band yet?

Yesterday was HiiT cardio from Fitness Blender and standing core from Shelly Dose.
Today was Cathe's Ramped Up Upper Body DVD. A burner!!! Have a terrific remainder of your weekend.

Leg day " in da books", despite having a couple of days of zebra cakes. Eskimo pies, twizzlers and...gasp...lucky charms!! Nothing earth shaking, bench squats, sets of 8 at 115 135 155 175 and 195. 3x20 gob squats (50kb) 2x10 rev lunges (30s) and 2x20 kb swings (50). Calves were 2x30 BB standing calf raises(195) and 2x30 single unweighted calf raises. The grandkids have been here and we did some fishing and went to a water park near here yesterday and swam...was fun and felt GOOD!!! On the weight side I was 191, up 7 pounds but with my recent diet, that ain't good!!! Lisa, if my diet continues I may have to suck it up and be a cardio guy....but don't hold your breath cause I think I would rather starve! Hope you are all well, enjoy the weekend!

Happy Birthday yesterday, Tom!! I see you celebrate in style with the Grandkids. Take care of that too much sun skin. Today was yard work, and my Friday workout!
My garden is gangbusters! Bunches of tomatoes, peppers cucumbers and zucchini. Yayyy. Makings for some great salsa and pico de Gallo!
Take care all, until Monday!!
Oh, and I love Twizzlers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got in ab day using a giant set circuit: cable crunches x 20/ mountain climbers x 60/ seated knee ins x 15 / side planks x 1min and repeated this circuit 4x. I decided to balance those with some light deads 205x10 (conv) and 205x10 (sumo).
Lib, a sore booty is a worked booty...good job! Karen, would you trade twizzlers and zebra cakes for salsa and pico???...I thought so and that is why you can do what you do and I only sprint to AVOID CARDIO!! LIsa, you are probably a "pepper eater" too, thus your cardio abilities do not suffer from zebra cakes! Enjoy your Sunday friends.

Tom, lol, I actually love those crappy Little Debbie zebra cakes but I don't have them around because I will EAT THEM! !! Twizzlers, not so much, blech. Karen I bet you make a crazy a$$ amazing Pico de gallo. That + guac + chips? Drooling... I do try to eat healthy, but you gotta live it up a little.

Tom, proud of you for showing up on leg day and good stuff yesterday. Karen, how's your rotation coming? Almost done? Yay, Lib, for those sore muscles!

Today was legs. I had zero intention of doing a DVD, but Cathe's Lower Body Blast DVD ended up in my player somehow?

Everyone have a wonderful 4th of July holiday week. I probably won't be back until the end of the week. Stay safe and enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.