Lifting like girls

Whew! Almost 2 hours for me, I did 41 sets of chest, shoulders and tris and wow, pretty tough! The tough thing about sts is that most reps are NOT laugher reps but work. I rest as much as needed between sets but still tough if you are working hard. For those who may think that sts isn't a tough workout I put a pencil to it today and was shocked! It penciled out to be 41 sets, 454 reps and I moved 39,140 lbs or 19.57 tons!! WHAT! No wonder I am beat lol! (also bored apparently!) Have a great Monday Commandos!

Karen, I haven't done that one yet. She just put up a new video yesterday, a cardio workout. Excited to try them both! Like she says, these are raw and in her basement. Nothing pretty or fancy about them! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Tom, good job on being 6 workouts for 6 days last week. That's a great accomplishment! Hope your Monday is off to a good start.

I did workout on Saturday, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was Shelly Dose core and metabolic stuff. Today was LEG DAY! Yay! Fitness Blender body weight and weighted work as well. A nice burn.

Sorry in advance, I'm just totally focused on moving and it's going to occupy my life for the next two weeks so I am going to be very hit and miss here. I will still be working out but probably not posting much until the dust settles.

Have a great week!
Lisa, good luck with the move..not a fun job but I know you are ready to get there!

Cardio and abs with some bi's thrown in this morning. I did 7 miles on the bike then a circuit of crunches/ hanging knee raises/ cable crunches x 2 and 3 sets of dumbbell curls and 1 set of conc curls. I decided to hit bi's on cardio day following tri day and I will hit tri's on cardio day following bi day just to be sure I hit them twice/week. Back to work for a couple, have a great Tuesday ladies!

Mark Lauren day 36: 5 sets per exercise 40 seconds effort, 20 seconds rest
1. Scorpion Side-Kicks
2. One Legged RDLs arms at T
3. Skydivers, arms at T
4. Half-Saxon Back-Lunges
Complete the full number of sets for each exercise before moving on to the next one on the list.

Day 37: 5 circuits, 45 seconds effort, 15 seconds rest
1. Hip-Ups to Push-Ups
2. Zombie Side-Lunges
3. Let-Me-Ups, legs slightly bent
4. One Legged RDLs, arms at T
Try to keep a steady rhythm and not to stop during the 45 seconds of effort.
Still sweating buckets with these.
Until tomorrow, make it great!

Sts legs today, but I subbed a squat rack workout (disc 37). All that 1 leg, 45 degree, sliding plate crap just isn't me. On squats I went light and survived and I subbed powerblock gob squats for front squats and I added 2 long sets of barbell calf raises. It seems to me that the only real weakness of sts is calves! I think most of the people doing it also do a lot of her other stuff like step w/o's etc. but I feel like I always need to add more. Karen, great w/o and Lisa, hope the move is going well! Have a great hump day Commandos!

Hey friends, delay delay delay is the name of the game over here. Ugh, I could go on and on. But I won't because I like you both too much!

Great workouts! 45 seconds on and 15 off sounds brutal, Karen. I noticed how the previous workout was only 40 seconds on ("only" ha!). Tom, I love the squat rack routine from STS. Can't go wrong with that one!

Yesterday was Upper Body and today was Warrior Kickboxing Live from a few weeks ago. Needed to envision some particular faces to punch out during the boxing section. It helped!

Enjoy your Wednesday. I'm just gonna work to survive mine!

Hey guys! I was a slacker today. Slept in. I have no excuse, other than it felt so good. I have Mark Lauren tomorrow and Friday. So that's about it. I'm thinking that my body is telling me to knock off dairy. Had a delicious full fat yogurt today, and I'm having stomach cramps from hell. Something new to explore. Have a good night! Talk tomorrow.
Tom, nice work on STS. It's good to throw a squat rack workout in the mix.
Lisa, hope the new house thing is going well. Hope you're not pulling your hair out. New homes can be such a frustrating mess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was cardio and bench...strange huh! I want to see if I can hit chest and bis and tris 2x/ week. I only went 5 miles today but did do 7 sets of bench to go with it. I didn't get to abs but will either tomorrow or I will" bust em up" Saturday. Karen, everybody needs a day off, the bod demands it! Lisa, hope the move is going well or at least well enough as to not lose your sanity! Make it all good friends!

OH MY GOSH!!!
1. Prisoner Squats 15
2. Starfish Push-Ups 10/5 each side
3. Saxon Lunge 10/5 each side
4. Scorpion Leg Thingys 10/5 each side

5 minute warm-up
20 minute work, as many circuits as possible.
5 minute stretch
I got 5 circuits.

This workout was a bear. I don't know if it was the sequencing or what, but sweat was dripping on the mat, and everywhere. I was sucking wind, and was glad when it was over. This program looks like a sleeper until you're doing it. Then it's a butt kicker. I'm sitting here at work, ready to take a nap. It's an effort to move.
Have a great day!

Whew! Almost 2 hours for me, I did 41 sets of chest, shoulders and tris and wow, pretty tough! The tough thing about sts is that most reps are NOT laugher reps but work. I rest as much as needed between sets but still tough if you are working hard. For those who may think that sts isn't a tough workout I put a pencil to it today and was shocked! It penciled out to be 41 sets, 454 reps and I moved 39,140 lbs or 19.57 tons!! WHAT! No wonder I am beat lol! (also bored apparently!) Have a great Monday Commandos!

Good grief Tom!!!!!!! How did I miss this? I'm dying over the 19.57 tons. WTH. Hercules in the house!

Aaarrrggghhh!!!! I have a dentist appt. tomorrow! How many times have you heard that complaint, Tom? They probably never say it to your face. I never say that to my dentist!

Mes 2 disc 21 down. Tough as usual and since I am certifiable I added 3 sets of tri pushdowns and 3 sets of skullcrushers at the end. I haven't gotten in my second day of tri work this week so I did it today. I am ready to sign commitment papers if anyone (besides DW) wants to fill them out! Tomorrow will be cardio and abs (if I am not in an institution). Lisa, don't break your back throwing refrigerators around while moving. Karen, I don't think you could hurt yourself if you tried! All the stuff you do pretty much makes you bulletproof! Make Friday your.......whatever you want to make Friday Commandos!

Tom, Karen, great looking workouts! Yeah, how many tons were you lifting Tom??? I think we should place you on house arrest. With that strength you are a menace to society! Karen, I stand in awe of your workouts. Seriously, could they get any harder? I think that looks more challenging than most anything I've ever seen. BTW, I happen to love going to the dentist and I know I'm usually sarcastic I actually 100% mean that. I am obsessed with dental care, I can't go to bed or start my day without flossing and brushing. It just feels wrong, so I like going to the dentist because they always give me compliments on how great my teeth look (and I will take whatever compliment I can get!).

Don't remember when I last posted, so I'll start with yesterday which was Leg Day #2 for the week and today was a steady state step workout, Spicy Step by Jenny Ford. Tomorrow will be upper body. Tomorrow will also be our last day in this rental house (hopefully). We are moving in stages, but Sunday should just be small stuff we left behind. Tom, our fridge has been more of a pain in the a$$ than you can imagine. Delivery people screwed up, we were going to be without a fridge until NEXT WEEK (even though we bought the fridge Memorial Day) so we had to cancel, find the fridge elsewhere, so on and so forth. Thankfully problem solved and new fridge will be in the house today. Sorry, but I can't be a mom of 3 little ones without a fridge.

Have a great weekend! Pray for my survival!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Tom, Karen, great looking workouts! Yeah, how many tons were you lifting Tom??? I think we should place you on house arrest. With that strength you are a menace to society! Karen, I stand in awe of your workouts. Seriously, could they get any harder? I think that looks more challenging than most anything I've ever seen. BTW, I happen to love going to the dentist and I know I'm usually sarcastic I actually 100% mean that. I am obsessed with dental care, I can't go to bed or start my day without flossing and brushing. It just feels wrong, so I like going to the dentist because they always give me compliments on how great my teeth look (and I will take whatever compliment I can get!).

Don't remember when I last posted, so I'll start with yesterday which was Leg Day #2 for the week and today was a steady state step workout, Spicy Step by Jenny Ford. Tomorrow will be upper body. Tomorrow will also be our last day in this rental house (hopefully). We are moving in stages, but Sunday should just be small stuff we left behind. Tom, our fridge has been more of a pain in the a$$ than you can imagine. Delivery people screwed up, we were going to be without a fridge until NEXT WEEK (even though we bought the fridge Memorial Day) so we had to cancel, find the fridge elsewhere, so on and so forth. Thankfully problem solved and new fridge will be in the house today. Sorry, but I can't be a mom of 3 little ones without a fridge.

Have a great weekend! Pray for my survival!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I agree with you Lisa, I'm obsessed with my dental care, and I usually don't mind going to the dentist. I think today it was a PITA because I have so many commitments today. I'm with you, I could never go to bed without brushing my teeth. Uggh!! It's just SO wrong. People that don't floss, OMG!! Actually my dentist is a good friend, so we spend quite a bit of time just yakking it up!
Fridgeless with kids? That won't work! Glad it's coming today.
You're really working YouTube. Nice job.

Tom??? How many tons? Institutionalized? I could do that, if all my friends were there, it would just be a big party. I could act all weird, and tell everybody, that's why I'm here! Hmmm, not a bad gig! Nice job on STS. Doing add ons? I could barely walk, especially on leg day! So again, good onya!

Cardio, calves and abs. 10 miles on the bike, and for abs..crunches x 50/ seated knee ins x 25/ cable crunches x 20 ( added 10# here)/ 1 min side planks and did this circuit 3 times. For calves I just did single calf raises x 50 x40 x30 x20. Total time was about 70 minutes ( so much for short cardio days!) ( p.s., y'all loving the dentist warms the cogles of my heart lol!) Have a great weekend friends!

Choices were...stay in bed and look at the ceiling ..or...LIFT, I chose lift! Meso 2 chest, shoulders and tris. I looked back at last meso 2 and I am lifting quite a bit heavier and that's good. Now a quick shower and will try to get about 4 hours shut eye before work. I work tomorrow for the other dentist who has the day off. I hope I am the only Commando with sleep regrets tonight! Have a great Monday friends!

Hi guys! Today was an Eval day. Body Rocks
Let Me UPS
Zombie Side Lunges
Shoulder Width Tripod Push-Ups
I did the reps needed to move to the next level. Not so sure I want to move up. These workouts are difficult enough. I will, however, give it a go, and modify when needed.
Tomorrow will be:
Scorpion Over Kicks
Prisoner squats with a jump
Wide tripod push-ups
Skydivers arms at Y
45 seconds effort 15 seconds rest. 6 circuits now. We will see.....until tomorrow!!
Good for you Tom!!! Getting out of bed, always the first step! Lisa, hope you are all moved.... now the fun part, decorating your new home!!! Enjoy!

Tom, good use of those early morning hours. At least your iron time can energize you, but of course am hoping you get some good zzz's tonight!

Karen, geez this Mark Lauren program is stressful, with final exams just like college! But, Of course you passed with an A+. So sad for you that dairy is giving you fits. Plain Full fat Greek yogurt is the best food I have added to my routine in 5 years!

I hate moving!!!! Nobody does their job right, between the builder and the subcontractors and the moving company, etc etc. Ack! At least I got to use my new workout room this morning! It is a real wood floor with a subfloor system just like Cathe's gym. It is beautiful and awesome. I still have limitations because we need to wait 3 weeks before laying down permanent mats and stuff, but so far I am in love!!!

Confessions of a cardio slacker! Just couldn't do it, sat on the edge of the bed but decided sleep trumped cardio! Tomorrow is leg day and I will show. Lisa, the new room sounds GREAT!!! So jealous and at the same time really happy for you! Keep truckin ladies, This sinner is repenting and I will return!

It was difficult this morning. Was tempted to go back to bed when it was over. Looking forward to a slower pace tomorrow.
Lisa, your gym sounds fabulous!! Nice!
Tom, we all need a break. Don't be hard on yourself. Till tomorrow!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.