Let's talk deodorant...

shanihib

Cathlete
So what do you use?

Since starting working out 2.5 years ago and particularly since starting lifting heavier (say 6 months ago), I've noticed more BO that doesn't seem to be impacted by my deodorant/antiperspirant. I have sensitive skin and tend to break out in a rash if the deodorant doesn't have moisturizers... which makes the selection harder. Any recommendations? I really don't want to stink!!! :eek:

I can't use any of the regular deodorants. They don't work for me and I always break out in hives.

I have been using Weleda Citrus for about a year without any problems.

It is kind of pricey but it lasts a long time. I know Amazon carries it online. I have seen it in Whole Foods stores and my local Walgreens carries it. But I am sure there are cheaper places online.

HTH

Last edited:
I started using Secret Clinical Strength about a year ago (after a similar thread here in OD) and LOVE it!

Hows does one "talk deodorant?" And how come everyone is into posting these "Let's talk......" about things that aren't meant to really be talks but are actually questions. Of course, if anyone would like to talk deodorant I by no means wish to imply that one should not feel free but remember...if you are going to talk the talk you better walk the walk. :p

I had this same issue! I started using Tom's of Maine deodorant soap (plain or lemongrass) in the shower. I give my underarms a good scrub with it. Then I use a Tom's deodorant. No I'm not on the Tom's of Maine payroll! :D I am, however, willing to be now that I am considerably less stinky than I used to be. :D

Sparrow

I never thought you were stinky Sparrow :p;)

Hah! That's because you have never been downwind of me after a workout. You'd be trying to flee the stinkyness sure enough.
yabbahut1.gif

I use Lady Mitchum, and have for several years now. The slogan for this one is "so effective, you could skip a day!" And it's true. I'm never using anything else!

Clare

I use Lady Mitchum, and have for several years now. The slogan for this one is "so effective, you could skip a day!" And it's true. I'm never using anything else!

Clare

Apparently I am on a hygiene kick tonite so I'll answer this one too! :)

I too use the Lady Mitchum, however, sometimes it just doesn't work. I used to use Dry Idea when I was younger but after moving to the desert, it just wasn't enough, especially for wetness... I tried the Clinical Strength Secret too, and alternate between that and the Mitchum now...
can't say that the "scent" is all that appealing with Mitchum, but it is better than stinking!

Yeah, I started trying Adidas brand (it was on sale) and it is not good... It was originally, but now, well, not. I used to use Lady Mitchum a long time ago and it sounds like I may need to try again. I do have the Clinical Strength but I tend to forget to apply at night!

Brute and Old Spice (which now sounds like a has-been Spice girl). :p

I can only use deodorants though. I'm allergic to the deodorant/anti-perspirant blend for some unknown reason.

I use Secret Invisible Solid Shower Fresh or any other scent really....JUST the POWDER Fresh...doesn't do me justice...the stink fights its way through that one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.