Leaner Legs, I almost died LOL

rhbrand

Cathlete
Yes, it's been YEARS since I last did Leaner Legs. But I dug it out of mothballs to do it.
Now I remember back in the day, when I was in good shape, before I let myself go, I could match or almost match Cathe's weights for Leaner Legs.

Well, no more. OMG I about died. Only used a portion of the weights, and only did about 3/4 of the moves. I had to skip one round of step ups, and during the static lunges I quit early cause I literally couldn't do more.

But I did my best, and maybe next time, which won't be years from now, I'll do more of it, or bump up the weights I use.

Ummm ... I think you're referring to MEANER Legs! Ha ha ha ... Thank goodness that workout is on the shorter side! :) One thing I've noticed when doing older workouts like Meaner Legs is the pace is fast... gotta use lighter weights for those than say the newer STS2.0 series. It is fun to revisit older workouts tho.

Last edited:
That just reminds me that I need to do a week of CTX in its entirety. It was a year ago next month that I attempted it and only did Meaner Legs and then things got derailed and I never went back to it because a week later I started my Tank Top Arms rotation. Which I did for about 3 months until STS 2.0 arrived. Then Summer 2023 was officially declared Hot Girl STS 2.0 Summer!

What’s this summer goin’ be?

Aahh…. I remember that!!!! :):)
Yep! That’s when I had to get the ac in my car fixed, thank God I did because last summer was hotter than any I remember. All but 2 days in august were at least 100 degrees but got as hot as 109.

And for this summer im not totally sure. Maybe it’s I hope I find work, get my life back together, and still stay fit summer!!!!

That just reminds me that I need to do a week of CTX in its entirety. It was a year ago next month that I attempted it and only did Meaner Legs and then things got derailed and I never went back to it…
I *recently* (about six months ago) purchased the CTX collection but I’ve only done the All Step workout so far. Is this an official challenge? (Mischievous face) Because I wouldn’t say no to joining a CTX Official Challenge for a week. (Wink)

If someone can program a week and post it, we could all do it together and then complain — er, report — about it as we go… Just a thought. :D

I *recently* (about six months ago) purchased the CTX collection but I’ve only done the All Step workout so far. Is this an official challenge? (Mischievous face) Because I wouldn’t say no to joining a CTX Official Challenge for a week. (Wink)

If someone can program a week and post it, we could all do it together and then complain — er, report — about it as we go… Just a thought. :D
I have a screenshot of the suggested order the CTX workouts should be done in:

Back/Leg Circuit
Chest
Legs
Shoulders
Biceps
Triceps

I might be up for a CTX week challenge. I could *try* the step, but I haven't done step in ages so not sure how that would play out!

I have a screenshot of the suggested order the CTX workouts should be done in:

Back/Leg Circuit
Chest
Legs
Shoulders
Biceps
Triceps
I have CTX but I have to admit I don't understand the list.
For example, is the first workout meaning to do the Power circuit workout? I just noticed it has a short back chapter.

Then what....you do only the listed chapters of those specific body parts on the remaining workouts?

For example, is the first workout meaning to do the Power circuit workout? I just noticed it has a short back chapter.

Then what....you do only the listed chapters of those specific body parts on the remaining workouts?
I think the intention was you did the entire workout for the original workout when it came out on VHS - so one cardio and one UB part except Power Circuit was to be separated from Meaner Legs since Power Circuit has the leg work. Meaner Legs had no separate cardio. Now that it's on DVD, you could do whatever cardio with each body part.

I tend to do the UB premix and Meaner Legs as an UB/LB split. The UB premix is a little long & you have to add your own warm-up/cooldown. It could also be used as a 3-day split. The cardios are shorter which is nice too - so many ways to use the series. I really like the cardio in CTX (if you're into step). :)

Honestly I don’t have a clue because I took a screen shot of this last year from somewhere in the forum and never did the rotation :D

Here's a rotation from Cathe for one week of CTX. The intention is to do the entire workout (cardio, UB & core if it's included):

Mon: Cross Train Express 10-10-10
Tues: Cross Train Express Leaner Legs
Wed: Total Body Stretching DVD
Thurs: Cross Train Express All Step
Fri: Cross Train Express Kickbox
Sat: Cross Train Express Power Circuit
Sun: Cross Train Express Step and Intervals

I tend to do the UB premix and Meaner Legs as an UB/LB split. The UB premix is a little long & you have to add your own warm-up/cooldown.
This is the way I have used it with the kickbox on a separate day.
I feel like it hits everything pretty well.

I'm not sure I have ever done the step workouts :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.