Lauren Brooks vs Anthony Diluglio vs ????

TexasLaura

Cathlete
I am loving Kettlebells and want to invest in some great DVDs. I am a beginner so I want some good instruction, but I also want a few DVDs to follow with.

I did a search but most of what I found was 2 (or more) years old. Lots of workouts have come out recently.

For all you Kettlebell experts-who do you recommend? Lauren, Anthony or someone else? (And, specifically, which DVDs are your favorites?)

Thank you so much for your advice and expertise!

Laura

Hi, Laura,

Paul Katami is really good, highly recommended and I have several of his DVDs (Kettlebell Kombos, Burn & Build, an Kettlebell Drills). He offers a lot of variety, emphasizes form, and offers a clinic on his DVDs to demonstrate how to do the exercise properly, which is so important. However, my favorite workouts are by Michael Skogg, the SKOGG SYSTEM, found at this website SKOGG System. I use this system once-twice a week along with my Cathe rotations and have had wonderful results. The DVDs are very easy to follow, and I started using this when I was a complete novice. I love the simplicity. Go onto Amazon and read some of the reviews to get a better idea of what he is all about, but I can say from personal experience that he is my favorite. The DVDs are not as exciting or as professionally produced as Cathe's, but they are effective and get the job done in very little time, which is a huge bonus to me. Good luck!

I am loving Kettlebells and want to invest in some great DVDs. I am a beginner so I want some good instruction, but I also want a few DVDs to follow with.

I did a search but most of what I found was 2 (or more) years old. Lots of workouts have come out recently.

For all you Kettlebell experts-who do you recommend? Lauren, Anthony or someone else? (And, specifically, which DVDs are your favorites?)

Laura

Lauren Brooks Volume one has great instruction for a new beginner. I have all of Lauren's kettlebell workouts and I love them all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anthony's Providence and Newport, great kettlebell workouts, old or not they are top notch.

Have fun and enjoy shopping.

Deb

I have been getting into kettlebell workouts myself. I have Rip60 (which I haven't tried yet) which uses kettlebells and suspension bands. I did try out some Paul Katami, Lauren Brooks, Amy Bento, and Anthony's Newport DVDs. Newport was not for the faint of heart -- that one is something to work up to. I have heard good things from Colleen (cokonkel) ina PM about RKS and Paul Katami's Burn and Build.

For some reason, it's way cheaper to buy Anthony's DVDs off of his website. I am saving up to buying his three pack deal which is only $60 plus shipping. He lets you choose which three DVDs you want. I just wanted to share that tip with you. Everywhere else, Anthony's DVDs are $40 a piece!

Anthony!!!

Laura

Hi,

You HAVE to try Fire Power by Anthony. It is really good and you can chose which length you feel like doing. I really like that workout. Check out the Youtube footage if you are curious.

I also have his Newport ( Very Endurance ), Providence ( Pretty solid workout ) and his Ropes DVD ( I forgot the title but really like that one )

Lauren brooks...I would recommend the DVD with the TRX and Double kettlebells that one was versatile and the newest one where she has a guest helping her lead ... that was very time efficient.

I love how you can get an awesome cardio workout with KB thats low impact.
Get a rope and do rope training and you will never want a treadmill or elliptical.

Can help here...

I love Anthony's Art of Strength videos best, but Lauren Brooks is good and they both have excellent form and technique.

Paul Katami has a great personality and his workout are challenging, but he does some very unorthodox (and risky, in my opinion) moves that I modify when I do his workouts. (I have only 2 of them, so that's not often).

Amy Bento is RKC (Russian Kettlebell Certified -- as are Anthony and Lauren), but I haven't done any of her kettlebell workouts, so I can't comment on them. I do have one of her husband's videos (Phil Ross), but it is insane and possibly dangerous unless you have top form and really know what you're doing.

So, my first choice would be Anthony, second is Lauren, and everybody else is an also-ran....

I've been doing kettlebell workouts for 3-4 years. And if you want to invest in the very best kettlebell, go to DragonDoor.com. They're expensive, but the quality and finish are first rate. They are well made, they are smooth without being slick, and they come in more weight increments. They also offer starter packages for women (or at least they used to).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.