Kathryn's "Cheezy" Kale Chips

rjroubi

Cathlete
This weekend I made Kathryn's "Cheezy" Kale Chips (as posted on her blog) and all I can say is "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!" They're absolutely delicious and healthy to boot! (I made my Kale Chips with pine nuts so I didn't have to soak anything before hand.) I can't recommend them enough. They even taste 100% better than the $6.39 (2.2 ounce bag!) I've ordered on line not too long ago.

The next time around I'm going to try to make them even a bit healthier either using less Nama Shoya (organic soy sauce) or substituting Bragg's Aminos for soy sauce and simply using less....the recipe is so flexible.

Hmm...I see myself buying a lot of dino Kale in the coming weeks!

It really is a fabulous treat for those interested and worth trying.

Oops - just checked Kathryn's Cathe-MySpace blog and found it - it DOES look good. I'm definintely trying it!

Glad you liked them, Robin (I always wonder if anybody is getting any use out of my blog recipes!).

Thanks for the positive 'review', LOL!

Like I said in the recipe, it's the result of some trial-and-error, playing with some recipes I've found, and the ingredients list of some pre-packaged kale chips I like (and I do think they are better than the pre-packed kale chips I've tried. Partly because the packaged ones keep the stem in, which ends up being a hard stick that is annoying to eat around).

(Afreet and others: here's the link to the post : http://thecathenation.com/forum/blog.php?b=1622 ).

I bought some pre-packed raw "sour cream and onion" chips made with daikon radish, and I'm trying to find some organic daikon (no luck so far) so I can try a homemade version.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.