Just received my HC and WAGs

Gobias

Cathlete
Since none of my non-cathe friends seem to care, I will share with you guys!

I just received my Horizontal Conditioning DVDs and my WAG gloves. I am upset since I should have received them last week, but they were delivered to the wrong address (yes, both from 2 different senders) and were just correctly delivered today.

I started my homemade STS + HC + Cathe cardio yesterday, so this came just in time.

Woo Hoo!

Yay! I just received my HC today too! I got the "Getting" series...I'm super excited!

Hi Candiceena,
Will you please let me know what you think of the getting started series. I have been looking at this for awhile. I would definitely have to start at the beginning because I can't hold a lot of moves for more than a few seconds, my right shoulder has many issues. I would really appreciate it.
meliss

I purchased the "8 pack deal" which includes: Getting Started, Getting Stronger, Get Rolling, Volumes 1,2,3 & 4, Boot Camp. (promo code VFROCKS for 10% off). I was actually going to also purchase the "Ultimate Horizontal Club DVDs Vol 1" (24 workouts), but Sandra talked me into maybe waiting until the 25% off Fall Sale (September-ish).

So far I have done Getting Started Workout #1 and #2 (both 10 minutes). I did one yesterday and one today (recommended not to do on consecutive days, but I felt fine).

I am really glad I got the WAGs Ultra gloves - my wrists did not hurt at all and they usually do during plank work. However, the inside of both gloves have a seam from the external wrist strap that is a very harsh jagged seam and both of my wrists are cut up. I am going to have to stuff some material or cotton down there to prevent this.

My thoughts on the Getting Started workouts (remember, I have only done the first 2 workouts) are - I like them! I consider myself an advanced Cathe exerciser, but my abs are probably my weakest part. I do have a pretty strong core just from the fact many of Cathe's workouts build up the core in non-traditional ways.

While I did not find the HC workouts particuarly hard, I did find them challenging. I was able to do all of them and even made my own modifications to make them harder (she does have a helper in the video showing an easier modification for each workout). I definitely felt the burn, but was able to complete each exercise. The first 2 workouts I did were a lot of push-ups and plank work. I kept feeling my abs during the exercises and they were rock hard, so I know I was hitting the right spots.

I really think this 1st workout is good for beginners or advanced exercisers. It is nice she has modifications to make it easier and the 10 minute timeframe is nice to be able to do just once or multiple times.

I also felt my arms getting a good workout from just holding in the plank position. I am doing Volume 1 on Friday - I believe it is almost an hour long. I can write my thoughts on that if anyone is interested.

Please do share what you thought of Vol. 1. I remember when I first got it, I was actually whimpering out loud especially during the leg portions. DH came in the room to see what would cause me to make such as noise. These workouts just use muscles in such a different way than most of my other workouts. Now I can go through the entire wo without a whimper and have even upped my body bar weight, but I still remember the first time.......

Lori

I just got HC2 a few weeks ago and it is tough! I had to modify the whole way through. I consider myself an advanced intermediate to beginning advanced (if you understand) exerciser. But that workout kick mah bootay!

I think I am going to remediate and get one of the beginning HC dvds.

dare i ask, what is hc???i have terrible muffin top---will this help?

Thanks
BestICan

Hi bestican! HC is Horizontal Conditioning. Here is her website:

Horizontal Conditioning : Home

You can also get her dvds on ebay.

I only have Volume 2, but I am going to order Getting Stronger because they are so tough. The workout I have is very good. While the production quality is definitely not Cathe, Sandra (the instructor) is very good!

In my experience, the best remedy for losing my muffin top (I still have about 10 pounds to go to eradicate mine) is to lose weight. However, I believe these will help to increase the muscle support as well. The muffin top is just fat :confused: that needs to go!

tralaiven, thank you so much for the link. I just checked it out. I have not heard of this before and I am very interested.

Has anyone done any of the other DVDs? Are the Getting Stronger and Getting Rolling part of the beginning series? Being someone who has done Cathe workouts for years would Vol 1 be a good place to start? I read Gratefuldog's post about starting with Vol 2 and dropping to her knees - not that that's a bad thing ;)

Tracy,
I started with vol 2 also. Just do what you can. There were many times in my early times of doing it that I would drop to my knees cursing Sandra! It is ok! Catch your breath, and let your abs unclench, and then join back in! I went on to buy vol 3 and bootcamp! They are awesome too!
Just bought both pairs of wags! Ihope this allows me to do hc twice a week again. Any more than that and my left wrist kills.
Nothing will give you abs like hc! Fast too!
Carolyn

gratefuldog: yes, I have modified it by going to my knees (trying not to feel a failure :rolleyes: and get over myself). I cannot believe how strong that little woman is! My wrists are not bugging me, for which I am very thankful! I will keep at it! However, I was only able to do it once last week, as it was a busy week for my family and I am also doing Cathe's May 2013 rotation. I hope to get back to doing HC twice again this next week.---as I have only ever been doing them twice a week. I really feel that I have needed that recovery time with these, they have been such a challenge for me.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.