July Jogglers 2015

Happy July!

Alisha ~ I hope you are keeping cool! We've had cooler and rainy temperatures. Did you do anything for the 4th?

Hi Tricia ~ Hope all is well and that you had a nice, long weekend.

I did not get to workout that much last week as I had to be at mom's to put on and take off her compression sock. I did go to the pool on Friday but didn't do a workout. I just splashed around in the water. Yesterday I did a running workout mixed in with some other exercises. It was extremely humid and we had some rain during the day but the fireworks went on as planned. This morning was 6 mile run.

Hi girls!

Alisha - Man, that's hot!

Jane - Splashing in the pool sounds great!

I haven't been around in a while and I"m sorry. Nothing much has changed here. Just still trying to re-catch the workout bug. My intentions are good, but I always have something that needs to be picked up or done that messes with my time after work. On the other hand, I'm still playing a lot of golf and getting in a bit of paddleboarding! I really need to work out with weights though because that darn paddleboard takes a lot of lat and core strength to push around when you have a headwind blowing! Sheesh!

My neck has improved and I want get to working out while it's feeling good, but I just keep making the excuses! I'm eating a little better thought! That's a good thing!

Going to go back and see what's been up with you two!

See ya later!

Wow Alisha! I had no idea you had issues with your neck! Glad you have finally gotten some relief! I'm jealous that you're taller though! lol

Jane - Why is your mom wearing a compression sock? I didn't see where she had any surgery or anything. What did I miss?

TGIF!

I'm back in the groove with my workouts. Did a weight workout on Monday, ran 3.5 miles on Wednesday (95 degrees with a heat index that felt like 99), and did a cardio/weight workout yesterday outside with thunder in the distance (the rain went south of us....pity because we did need it).

Tomorrow is a 5K run. My sister Mary is coming because they have a walk option and I think she will get a trophy. She can walk a 5K in 40-41 minutes. I have to run to keep up with her. She is not thrilled at getting up early on a Saturday morning but she will sleep in the car.

Tricia ~ Golfing is exercise as is paddle boarding at least you are moving and doing what you like to do. I have never tried paddle boarding but I would love to. It looks tranquil but I guess that would be in calm waters with no wind.

Mom didn't have surgery but when they took out all her lymph nodes when she had her hysterectomy, she ended up with lymphedema in one of her legs. Her leg was swollen and had an infection (this was in March). She had to take both topical and oral antibiotics and then had to go to the wound clinic to have leg wrapped everyday day for about 2 weeks. The swelling went down immediately but unfortunately she has to wear a compression sock for the rest of her life and elevate her leg at least once a day for 30 minutes. The compression sock is medical grade so it's like putting on spanx and she does not have the strength or flexibility to get it on or off so my sisters and I have to go over every morning and every night to put it on and take it off. She has to have it on for at least 6 hours. She feels terrible about it but we have gotten used to it. During the week isn't too bad but the weekends are more of a challenge. Tomorrow we have opted to put her sock on when we get home which will probably be around 11 - 12. We will leave it on until 8pm. Otherwise we would have to get to her house at 5:30 am and I don't think she would go for that.

So, yeah, I totally forgot to check in :p

Anywhoo- still getting used to walking with my neck back where it belongs. I'm not sore now, its pretty much healed. I was afraid I had put on like 10 lbs but when I weighed in it was down 1/2 a pound from last weigh in. Go figure.

The weather here is so weird. It over cast. Its in the 80s. So strange. Normally, we would be blisteringly hot, super sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. I like the cooler climes but hey, its just odd. :confused:

It is ttotm. So, as soon as I'm feeling up to it I will workout again.

Jane- How was the 5k?

Tricia- Have you been working out?

Howdy again!

Wow! Twice in one week! I think that's a record for me! lol

Jane - I've missed a lot. I"m just glad your mom has you girls close by to help her out! Reflexology would be good to keep that lymph moving in her leg! Paddleboarding can be very nice and meditative when you aren't battling the wind or current! I do love it!

Good luck in your 5k tomorrow!

Alisha - Nice that your weight was cooperative! We haven't had much of a summer here either! I can't believe it's right at mid-July and we've barely been in the 80s! We're usually in the 90s by now and the a/c is working hard just to keep it slightly cool!

No traditional workouts for me yet, just golf and a little paddleboarding. I'm loving it though! Getting movement, but it's not enough to move my weight.

Have a great weekend you two!

Happy Monday!

I had a nice weekend but it went by so fast. Looking forward to my vacation at the end of August!

We had a great time at the race on Saturday morning. The 3 of us all took home trophies. Jean and I finished 2nd and 3rd in our age groups. My time was over a minute better than last year but boy was it HOT. My sister Mary took overall female walker and got her first trophy. Her time was 40 minutes and 34 seconds beating her PR by 2 seconds. She was trailing the lead female walker until the 2.5 mile mark when she was able to take the lead. I knew that she could do it.

Yesterday I ran 8 miles. It was 80 degrees but felt like 85 degrees at 8:30am when we finished the run. I got home and did things around the house and then went to my friend's house to swim for a bit. It was very refreshing.

Tonight will be a total body weight workout.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are still feeling better and that you didn't put on any weight. That is awesome! Enjoy your cooler temperatures.

Tricia ~ Keep you the good work with golf and paddleboarding. My mom goes to a massage therapist once a week who works on her leg. He has training in that area.

Just checking in. Last night was a 3.5 mile run. We cut it short because it was starting to look like rain. It was hot but a bit breezy. We got home before the rain hit.

Tonight will be a cardio/strength workout.

Hope you guys are doing well and having a great week!

Open my big mouth and now its 97 degrees:eek:. I had to go back to see the chiropractor. He worked on my feet. Ouch. But, apparently my neck is adversely affected when I stub my toes. Sheesh. The neck bone is connected to the toe bone??? oh well.

Congrats on the trophy Jane!!!

Tricia- Have you been working out? Or just golph?

It's been hot here too. Upper 90's with heat indexes in the 100's. It will be a bit cooler this coming week.

On Saturday I did some running mixed in with rope slams and some kettlebell work. This morning was a 8 mile run. When we finished at a little after 8am in was already in the 80's.

Alisha ~ When my mom goes to her massage therapist, she can feel stuff in her upper body move when he massages her legs. Everything is connected. I hope it gets cooler by you.

Tricia ~ Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I went to see the chiropractor this morning. My feet seem to be improving.

Jane your moms right moving stuff in your feet and fix your whole body.

Trish I hope things are going well for you.

Well we have had a mixture of heat and stormy weather this week. On Monday I did a weight workout. It was hot. Wednesday was suppose to be a 3.5 mile run but the temperature was 96 with a heat index of 106. We decided not to go which was good because it ended up storming so we would have gotten out there and would have had to turn around anyway. Last night was an indoor workout (again rain) with swings, sit ups, squats and halos. Tonight is a rest day.

Alisha ~ I'm glad your feet seem to be improving.

Hi Tricia!

We are battling through some very hot temperatures. I worked out on Saturday and ran 9 miles on Sunday. It was hot but breezy and we got out there early. Monday was a total body weight workout and Tuesday was a rest day. Tonight will be a run unless the heat index is above 105. Our running buddy already bailed and went running this morning. I'd have to get up at 3am to do that so it's out of the question. Hopefully my sister and I can get out and do at least 2 miles otherwise I will do something else.

Jane - I am so sorry its so hot. We had been 105 degrees, but now it is cooler.

I did 20 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of yoga yesterday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.