Jari Love question

Mocha

Cathlete
Those of you who have these workouts: To what extent is the step used? My sister is interested in starting some weight lifting videos. She is experienced at lifting, but doesn't have a lot of eqipment... or room to store it. Is it used like a weight bench only? Could a stability ball be used instead (as a weight-bench replacement option)? She is especially interested in SL & RTTC.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Hi!

The step is used as more than just a step bench in almost every video. In Ripped 1000, all of the cardio segments are on the step, and it is also used for lunges and other leg excercises, as well as for chest presses. In Ripped to the Core it is used for step ups, and I am drawing a bit of a blank for Slim and Lean because I haven't used it in a while... I think it is used as more than a bench. I can't comment on the original Ripped, because I don't have it. Hope this helps!!!

Take care,

Ady

I believe it's pretty much used as a weight bench in SL and RTTC. If she's got comparable equipment she should be fine!

Then again, I think she does do some things off the edge (lunges to the side with one foot up and one foot on the ground). I can't recall all of the workouts! Sorry.

At least for the lunges off the step, there is always (or usually?) a background exerciser who shows an 'on-the-floor' version.

She really doesn't need a step for the original Ripped or S&L. I use both without my step, which I'm too lazy to drag out. She can just do another tricep exercise instead of the tricep dips, or use something else, and I just lie on the carpet instead of the step for the bench stuff. The carpet is comfier.

Thanks so much for the info! She seems pretty excited about S&L, so she'll probably be very happy to hear that someone else does it without a step. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.