itunes help please!!

angie_nrs

Cathlete
This has been driving me nuts! I have several doubles on my ipod and can't figure out how the heck to get rid of them. For some reason, my ipod has doubled most of my tunes. Pretty much all of my music on itunes has been downloaded from CDs so I have no idea why there are doubles on my itunes, except that many of them were transferred over from windows media, which I didn't do, but a friend did b/c I didn't know how.

I went to the file tab and clicked 'display duplicates' and then I went thru and clicked the doubles. Then I right clicked to try and delete but it won't delete the songs!:mad::mad: A window pops up and asks if I want to save to an itunes file or put in recycle bin and I choose recycle bin but to no avail. I even checked my recycle bin and there are no itunes in there. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

It's taking up too much space on my ipod and I can't even listen to a CD without having to skip songs so I don't hear the same ones over and over.:rolleyes: Please don't tell me I have to default the whole thing and start all over......

Please help me techies!!!!

Thanks

Angie

Angie, I have the same thing happen...have no idea where those doubles come from! Is it possible just to check the ones you want transferred to your iPod? Let me see if I can track Cynthia down...she seems to know a lot about itunes and iPods...in the meantime, Good Luck!

Try deleting it from Music Library. You might thought you're deleting the files but it's just the playlist titles you just deleted.
On the left column of iTunes,click MUSIC. You will see ALL your music library. on the search field (top right), type in the song title then delete the song.
But you might check to which playlist the song belongs before deleting by right clicking each song and move over to playlist option. You might have three BAD ROMANCE by Lady Gaga to 3 different playlist and want to leave a copy to playlist #1, then delete the others.
HTH.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.