It's official - just in time for Talk Like a Pirate day

hiitdogs

Cathlete
You may think I am crazy and it's probably true http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gif

I finally caved in and bought Jack. I received a call from the breeder this morning that someone from Nevada wanted to buy him and they would drive to AZ to take a look at him and probably take him home the same day. He has been with us waiting for his new home for the past 4 weeks and I am REALLY attached to him, even DH loves him. Well, I couldn't do it!

So here he is, now officially our newest family member

Boldheart's A Pirate's Life for Me - Jack (Sparrow) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_27.gif

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1391/5430336/17476721/278735678.jpg

Just in time for TLAP day

Have a great day everyone!

OMG! He's adorable! I was just talking to DH about your puppies yesterday. I remember checking out the website...they were all sooo cute! Have fun with your newest cutie-pie!:)

He's adorable!!! So, do you have ANY room on your bed or did you have to get a new one for the dogs? LOL. He's a cutie. Glad you got him.

Carola:

He is so cute. So is this the second one from the litter that you got to keep? I've heard people say that they didn't want to have puppies because they would want to keep them and you actually get to keep them (well a couple of them any way). You're so lucky.

Jean

I am now singing "yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me" at the top of my lungs in honor of our cutie pie JACK!!! :7 :7 :7 :* :7 :7 :7

RE: It's official - just in time for Talk Like a Pirate...

Thanks everyone! I am pretty thrilled to be able to keep him!

Christine, I still have room in my bed. DH is a different story though. I usually go to bed before him and the dogs go with me, so it is kind of crowded :). But they are usually pretty good about getting off the bed for DH. The puppies can't jump on the bed yet - they are trying though. But they have to sleep in the kennel, otherwise I will wake up to a redecorated house :)

Yup, got that right, Beavs, I sure can't resist a fuzzy face :)

Jean, I am actually keeping 3 puppies out of the litter. Talk about crazy!!! For Pepper's last litter, her and her pups will go to the breeder. I CAN'T keep any more puppies and it is just too hard for me to not get attached.

That's funny, Amy. That was the song that I was thinking about when I named Jack, can't get the $%^& song out of my head!! <http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_200v.gif

HE IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!
Enjoy your new family member:7 :7

Deanie

Christine,

I thought the same thing, they really look alike. Just that Jimmy has a little more white in his face than Jack.

How big is Jimmy now? I took the puppies to the vet today for their 3rd round of shots. Maverick is 15 lbs (I think he'll be a LARGE mini, if not a standard size Aussie), Shiloh and Jack are 11 lbs. Although Jack looks much smaller but he is very muscular. Very athletic too. He can jump on the sofa, in the car, on the chair and from there on the table etc (where he pulled off a bag of pretzles and the pups got into a pretty nasty dog fight - can you spell testosteron kicking in :) ), whereas Mav and Shiloh still need help. There is a new agility star in the making :)

I can't get over how cute Jimmy is!!!!! I am going to HAVE to visit you and Jimmy sometime!

Oh Carola - I HEAR you on the testosterone thing. I'm waiting 'til Jim is 9 months old to get him neutered, but he's turning into such a teenaged boy right now! My DD14 was out for a walk with Jim and I and agreed he's about the equivilant of a 14 year old boy right now.

Jim weighs 48 pounds now - definitely full-sized. He just turned 8 months as of today. When he was a 3 months old he weighed 17 pounds. So Maverick is close! Again, like Jack, he's very slim and agile, but he's all muscle. He can jump and look me in the eye - I'm 5'10. Maybe some day we will be in an agility match together with our two pirates.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.