Is it the same thing?

wonderwoman

Cathlete
if I work out 6 days a week alternating weights and cardio versus working out 3 days a week doing cardio and weights on those 3 days??

Theoretically, the effects upon your body would be better if you spread these activities across 6 days. 6 different days to get your heart rate up, to get the afterburn effect going, and on weight training days, coming fresh to the weights will lead to greater gains, you'll lift more heavily and eke out more reps fresh than if you come to it after a cardio workout.

That's the theory. The practice is up to you. What suits your personality, time available, lifestyle and needs?

doubling up and doing cardio and weights three days per week is fabulous in any book. It's what I tend to do because my personality and timetable don't permit working out 6 days per week. So, I do it all in 3 or 4 days per week and I make real fitness gain that I am happy with.

One question is: what is scientifically better for the body. Another question is: yes, but what will you do and what can you stand? Make fitness fit your life and not the other way around. It's all good.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.