Is it sad that

skayh

bench pressing 65 lbs in Meso 2's first workout almost killed me? I feel that it is. I actually had to put the bar on my stomach after failure, and awkwardly roll it off. :(

Me too

I had the same thing happen to me too! Except I was 10lbs lighter..I was bench pressing 55 lbs and I couldn't get it back up to the Cathe STS PushPull Tower. I was actually STUCK! I had to put the bar on my abs and gently roll it to the side. I kind of hurt my shoulder too. Now I kind of dread lifting that heavy. I really should of had a spotter to help me with the last rep.

Its interesting because I did the 1 rep Max test and it was so hard. I didn't realize i could lift heavier than I usually do but now I dread lifting this heavy right now.

I feel sad about it too. I'm not sure what to think about it. STS is great, I love the back off sets and the double wave load. I just will be careful and use dumbells. And the double wave load cooks me everytime and I don't have to use that heavy.

I didn't do the 1 rep test for those. I did them for the first few dvds of Meso 1 and found that most of the suggested weights were too darned heavy. I actually picked the weight just by thinking back to what I could have done in high school--I think I just overestimated a bit because it was pretty darned challenging.

I didn't even have my push/pull bar because I was too lazy to put it back together. I thought it would be easy enough just to roll it down and lift it up..dumb idea! It takes a lot of energy to press the bar up from that low.

I did the same thing you did...rolled it down and pushed it off (half hoping my bf would come home and save me and half hoping he wouldn't see it!).

The 1 rep max testing is a working in and of itself. Whew! But even though it tells me I am supposed to lift heavier than I "think" I can, I listen to my body and know I can't lift that heavy without someone there to help. That Cathe Tower is wonderful but it does take up space and I can't take it apart so I have to store it and drag it out when I need it.

I love the tricep work in Meso 2 and will use the barbell, but not so heavy for tricep press. This exercise works so much better with the barbell than with dumbells.

I don't want to get stuck again, that was a scary situation. My arms just couldn't push the barbell up! That's failure for sure!

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.