Is clinique makeup worth the cost?

2tina72382

Cathlete
Hey ladies! now that I'm making some money, I"m thinking of treating myself to clinique. My mom always used it and loved it. What do you all think? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!! -Tina

Hello Tina.
About 8 years ago, I switched from Mary Kay to Clinique on my Mom's encouragement and I'm glad I did. For me, I purchase soap, Daily Moisturizer, Repair cream about once a year and it lasts. My face has a more youthful appearence to it as well. Plus, it works well with just about any makeup that you use and for me that is Victoria Secret blush and Karsen Sun Glow.
Get a complete makeover by appt. and see for yourself. Most of my friends that don't use Clinique all use Este Lauder, which is really good too.

I have been using it for 10-12 years. I love it it is not heavy at all I have dry skin around my nose and with using a sponge to apply it and dabbing my powder I do not have any problems I tried Bare Minerals last year and it made my dryness worse.

I use Cetaphil as my daily cleanser and moistuizer.

beth6395

Jennifer, what do you like better about Clinique than MK? I ask because I recently started with MK and really like it--mostly the blush and illuminating pen, and the foundation is OK, but it seems I am always looking for the perfect makeup!

Hi Tina
I worked for Clinique for a few years and love a lot of their products. I still use there foundation,mascara, and some eye shadows.
I don't use their skin care I like Clarins Skin care.
I think Clinique products are worth their money so give it a try.
I switched to Clarins because I like their day and night creams better they are more $$$ then Clinque.

Susan G.

I've used almost ever kind of makeup, but now I am using Paula's Choice and really like it. I also like using Lancome and going to the makeup counters for advise. I would never by a foundation without their advise. I also like Prescriptives foundation and their Magic. I've been tempted to try Chanel because I've only heard great things about their makeup, but it is pricey. Can you tell that I love makeup!

My skin looks better and feels better, Clinique is worth the investment. When I changed from MK, it was an noticeable improvement. The products are not heavy and do not cause irratations to my skin.

Thank you, everyone for your advice :) I think I may head to the counter and talk to a salesperson- I just hope they are not too pushy to make a sale. This would be my biggest purchase on makeup ever!!! ;) take care! -Tina

Hi,

I use clinique and love it. I think it really makes my skin look better. I used to use prescriptives, which costs a lot more, and didn't see as good results. I love clinique repairwair.

Tracy

Hey Tina

I started using Clinque about a year ago when I noticed the dryness around my cheeks and eyes, I started seeing more and more red spots too.

Clinque really made my face look healthy and just glow! I use the 3-step system (cleanser,clarifying lotion,and dramaticly difference lotion). I have the compact,eye shadow and lipstick and just love all of it, I would definitly give it a try!

And the makeup and 3-step system last forever too.

Amy:)

Personally I have never cared for their moisturizer as I have dry skin and it just didn't do the job, but I used to love their foundation (back in the days when I wore foundation!). It's weird, the older I get the less makeup I actually use and the better I think I look. If you have dry skin, I would encourage you to look into the cream vs. powder options (i.e., blush, eye shadow). These have made a huge difference for me. Although I do have to say, mineral makeup isn't drying the way some other powdered make-up is.

Good luck! Going to the make-up counter is so fun, especially when the person is really knowledgeable. I also think every woman deserves to treat herself to something really fabulous.

Marie

I am not a Clinique skin care user, but I do check out their makeup occasionally. If you are interested in their products you might want to go to www.gloss.com and see all of the products they offer.

The Clinique section on this website offers an "ask an expert" link where you can answer questions to find your skin type and get other information regarding their products. Often this website includes products that are not available yet in some stores (and it is helpful if the store is out of something that you need). As far as the makeup is concerned, it is very difficult to pick colors on the computer, so you would have to go to the store for that. But you can collect a lot of information b/f you go so that you can ask the right questions once you get there.

(This website also offers other brands, such as Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Mac, Stila, Prescriptives, etc.)

Good luck and happy shopping!!

ETA that the most important thing when you buy foundation is that it match your skin exactly. JMHO. I would go from counter to counter until I found an exact match. But then that's just me.

MissL

I used Clinique a lot when I was younger because my Mom used it. That was many years ago, but, if they're still making that yellow Dramtically Different moisturizer, I'm with Marie: that was always too thin and watery for my super-dry skin. Also, I always preferred the beautiful, earthy Prescriptives colors of eye shadows, blushes and lipsticks to the pale colors of the Clinique products, although I think the quality was the same. It may just be a matter of color preference.

I think my Mom still uses Clinique, and she always looks beautiful, but she's such a natural beauty, she'd look good without make-up. I did NOT inherit that gene! :(

Enjoy!

Nancy

haha, Nancy! I may check out the prescriptives counter too, I am heading to macys sometime this week.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I use Clinique for their makeup (foundation, blush, eye liner) but not for their skin care, my skin did not like it at all nor their moisturizers. I use DHC for all other aspects of skin care and mosturizing. I do like Clinique for makeup. I had a make over and the guy explained to me how to put it on the right way to avoid my blotchiness that I was getting with chain store brands. Very helpful people.

The Clinique skin care products were making my face oily and prone to breaking out so I switched to Neutrogena (which is a lot less expensive and you can purchase at Longs or Rite Aid) and have MUCH better results. I still like the Clinique eye shadows, eye liners and blush. I also switched from the Clinique mascara to Loreal just because of the price, but the Clinique mascara is very nice if you want to spend the extra money.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.