Iron King squat stands

cb1924

Cathlete
If anyone is looking for squat stands in stock, I just purchased a pair on ebay. Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympic-Standar...sidZp1742.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1742.m153.l1262

They are $117 + shipping. (not a bad price). The brand name is iron king. I put them together and tried them, briefly. They are a little on the light side. I think for safety they should be weighted down when using them with heavy DB.

I have a firm barbell which is shorter than an olympic one. For squats it is not a problem, however using it for a bench press (with step as bench) the bar is too short. I am going to have to get a longer bar. The stands have to be too close together so the base of the step can't be under the bar. I think this will be a problem when the weight is heavy. (I only tried with a 20 lb bar)

I also tried to do pullups. The stands are light so if you are not directly under the bar the stands will tip. But I put DB's on the base and it worked fine.

They came in 3 days, very fast shipping although they were shipped from NJ and I am on long island. It was about $40 to ship.

chrissy

Chrissy thanks I guess you are getting ready for Meso# 3 also. I was looking at the same pair. I guess sand bags will help hold it in place.

Are they too heavy to move around? I need something portable.

Chrissy thanks I guess you are getting ready for Meso# 3 also. I was looking at the same pair. I guess sand bags will help hold it in place.

Are they too heavy to move around? I need something portable.

No, they are light. That is why they need to be held down. I think they are around 20lbs each stand.

I am actually getting ready for Meso 2. You didn't need the squat rack in 2?

chrissy

No, they are light. That is why they need to be held down. I think they are around 20lbs each stand.

I am actually getting ready for Meso 2. You didn't need the squat rack in 2?

chrissy

I'm starting week 4 M2 and I really didn't need a squat rack so far because I'm using DBs and Vest. For M2 I needed versa grips to hold onto the DBs.

I'm planning to buy squat rack for M3...this will be my reward for finishing M2.

Thanks for the info Chrissy. Do you think the Iron King stands are lighter than other stands? I'm thinking that I read the shipping weight for the Valor stands was 50# (I checked to see if I'd have trouble getting the box into my house). So each stand couldn't weigh more than 25#. Maybe that's just a typical weight for this type of product.

Too bad about the bench press - I was really hoping to find just one product for both squats and presses.

Thanks for the info Chrissy. Do you think the Iron King stands are lighter than other stands? I'm thinking that I read the shipping weight for the Valor stands was 50# (I checked to see if I'd have trouble getting the box into my house). So each stand couldn't weigh more than 25#. Maybe that's just a typical weight for this type of product.

Too bad about the bench press - I was really hoping to find just one product for both squats and presses.

I am thinking you can use it for both if you get a longer barbell. The firm barbell is extremely short. Or a regular bench would probably work too. It is just the risers are too big to fit in between the stands with the short Firm barbell.

I think these are a little lighter than the valor. My package was 40#.

chrissy

They look very much like the Valor squat stands several of us bought.
I think weighing them down is a good idea when using heavy weights (I'm thinking even a yoga weight--they are 10# each--on the back 'foot' of each stand would be helpful, as it would counteract any tendency for tippage if you caught the bar on the stand while reracking.)

FYI for everyone: just remember that you walk FORWARD into the stands to unrack, and then to rerack (some people were going backwards, which could be risky).

Chrissy,

Thanks for this information. Do these have any kind of warranty like the Valor Squat Stands?

Thanks!

If anyone is looking for squat stands in stock, I just purchased a pair on ebay. Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympic-Standar...sidZp1742.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1742.m153.l1262

They are $117 + shipping. (not a bad price). The brand name is iron king. I put them together and tried them, briefly. They are a little on the light side. I think for safety they should be weighted down when using them with heavy DB.

I have a firm barbell which is shorter than an olympic one. For squats it is not a problem, however using it for a bench press (with step as bench) the bar is too short. I am going to have to get a longer bar. The stands have to be too close together so the base of the step can't be under the bar. I think this will be a problem when the weight is heavy. (I only tried with a 20 lb bar)

I also tried to do pullups. The stands are light so if you are not directly under the bar the stands will tip. But I put DB's on the base and it worked fine.

They came in 3 days, very fast shipping although they were shipped from NJ and I am on long island. It was about $40 to ship.

chrissy

Just to let everyone know, I bought a 6ft barbell to use (because the short firm one is too short for chest press using the step). It works great. You need 39 inches in between the plates to get the step to fit in between the stands.

chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.