IOS issues with live

dalea

Hello. I am unable to use my ipad to stream to my apple tv at this time. I have uninstalled and installed app. I start the video on my ipad and when trying to stream the apple tv looks like it tries to stream. The in-progress icon displays for 2 seconds and then goes back to apple tv main menu screen
Also, when trying to screen from my iphone 11 there is no airplay icon when I swipe the right upper corner. There is an airplay icon when using youtube and am able to stream the youtube videos.
When using firestick the video will play for a while and then freeze up but maybe when you fix the format issues this will be fixed.

Thank you

Hi dalea,

I'll answer these in random order...

With all of your apps (iPad, iPhone, and FireTV), first please make sure that they are all updated, as we have released new versions recently to address some issues we've had with the server changes.

On your iPhone 11 (and also your iPad), when you swipe down from the upper right corner of your device, you want to tap on "Screen Mirroring" in order to stream to your Apple TV, not the box with AirPlay in it that you would use for music streaming. Please check that this is how you are starting the stream from your iPad, also. Please let us know if this helps with those devices. Also, I assume that your Apple TV is an older version. If not and it is a version 4 or newer, please give the native Apple TV Cathe Live app a try...it will make it easier to watch Cathe's videos without having to stream from your other devices.

Regarding your FireTV/FireStick issue, I will have to check on our end and get back to you. Is there a particular video that is giving you problems? And have you powered the device down and restarted it? 90% of the time that will fix issues like you are having.

Hello thank you for your prompt response. I have responded below in bold.

Hi dalea,

I'll answer these in random order...

With all of your apps (iPad, iPhone, and FireTV), first please make sure that they are all updated, as we have released new versions recently to address some issues we've had with the server changes.

All of my apps were updated when I had these issues.

On your iPhone 11 (and also your iPad), when you swipe down from the upper right corner of your device, you want to tap on "Screen Mirroring" in order to stream to your Apple TV, not the box with AirPlay in it that you would use for music streaming. Please check that this is how you are starting the stream from your iPad, also. Please let us know if this helps with those devices. Also, I assume that your Apple TV is an older version. If not and it is a version 4 or newer, please give the native Apple TV Cathe Live app a try...it will make it easier to watch Cathe's videos without having to stream from your other devices.

I played videos on youtube using the airplay button- fyi. I did try screen mirroring on my iphone 11 but can't get rid of the screen mirroring screen (this may be my newness to my phone). However, I did try screen mirroring on my ipad and apple tv and was able to get that to work. However I don't get a full screen as I did with my previous method of playing the cathe app but it is useable.

Regarding your FireTV/FireStick issue, I will have to check on our end and get back to you. Is there a particular video that is giving you problems? And have you powered the device down and restarted it? 90% of the time that will fix issues like you are having.

I did re-boot the firestick and still had issues. It was workout number 136. This morning I did workout number 280 and it stopped during the warm up for 3 minutes and then started back up and it was fine. I did immediately check my internet when the workout stalled and it was working fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.