Intro to barbell work

Cleosmom

Cathlete
I know that the biggest percentage of people on here are advanced exercisers. I am not. I'm still working through Basic Step/Body Fusion, High Step Circuit, Low Impact Step & Total Body Sculpting. I don't know much about barbell training and would love to have a series to help me move into Cathe's more advanced workouts.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

This may help you or it may not. When I first started and saw Cathe on FitTv with a barbell, my first thought was wth is this?? Wow, Look at these women using a barbell? :eek: I'd never picked up one a day in my life. So finally, after doing some of her other workouts (like you're doing), I picked up my first barbell set, and let me tell you, I went real real light on most exercises...and usually just the bar on deadlifts , lunges and squats!. I paid attention to everything they did, from the way they picked it up, to where they put their hands, listened to tips, stopped the dvr recording or dvd, practiced in a mirror (I did that a LOT with some exercises.) I remember really starting off with Power Hour. There was time between each segment, you could go real light being an endurance workout, a lot of form tips...etc.

Happy Lifting!

Iris

Hi Iris!

Thanks for the great tips! I will dvr some of Cathe's Fit Tv workouts and "study" them closely!

Sharon

I agree with Pinny150, definitely study the workouts because she gives alot of form pointers on all of the movements. This should really help with understanding proper form, how to lift and lower the bar properly etc.

Also take a look at cathe tv: http://tv.cathe.com/

STS week 9A & B discusses barbell form pointers etc, should be on page 2, this may help as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back