Intermittent Fasting progress...first fast weigh in!!

horselady21

Cathlete
I started this plan Friday at noon. It is supposed to last 36 hours for each fasting day. I thought that was a bit much so I was going to do 30. At the 30th hour, I breathed a sigh of relief, and ate a couple of protein balls......then didn't eat again til 7am! I just wasn't hungry! I think my body has changed.

Anyhow, dramatic, ecstatic results! I am sure it will calm down to 1 lb a week now, but here it is:

Thursday 176.6
Sunday 172.8

So happy!! I have been fighting this plateau for years! I think I used to eat like this when I was a so glad parent on a budget, be cause I just couldn't afford it. Now it will be by choice.

Congratulations horselady. It is a great feeling when the scale get nudged after a plateau!:)

Are you planning to use this technique for a short period or for lifetime?

How did you go about this? 36 hours does seem like a long time. Now did you eat anything before to get ready ? What time was your last meal? And what worked best for you? I was thinking if trying just a fast of about 7 pm until 12 noon the next day like for several days. I heard about this kind by a fitness lady. You try to eat within 8 hours and nothing after 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last meal was noon Friday. I ate about 50-100 calories around dinner time, then nothing until breakfast the next day. Ate an egg and toast, then around lunch, a 100 calorie bag of nuts and a couple bites of yogurt. I ate a very small dinner, then breakfast the next day.
I have to eat something because I take pain medicine.

Now, last night, I ate a small dinner, then I got hungry before bed, so I drank a half a glass of 2% milk. That really helped! 36 hours is long. You can modify it to suit, though. It doesn't have to be hard and fast. Do what works for you. The premise is that after 8 hours , your body starts burning fat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.