Inquiry About STS Cardio

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I do see that Chris is hopefully still monitoring it. In that Cathe is working with composers again for the music, I just wanted to say that I do hope the music will be "spot on" for the cardio. I know in STS you said we were all working at our own pace and that was fine, IMO, for everything except the warmup. The warmups were very much to the beat of the music and for M1 and M2 the steps and the music were off just enough to throw off the steps to the warmup. Honestly this was the first and only workout series that I can recall where the beats and steps were noticeably off. If you all are composing again after the shooting has occurred, please try to make it more in sync if possible. Thanks.

You're confusing composing with scoring. STS will be done to music as are all of our cardio DVDs. STS strength was filmed and then the music was written and scored to match the video. This is a much more involved process and few companies in the world are capable of doing as well as what you see in STS strength. But it is not perfect and would not work for a cardio workout.

In a heavy weight workout the movement must lead and the music must follow. In a cardio workout the music leads and the movement follows. STS Shock Cardio will be done to the music as it is filmed. This means we can edit about 10 to 20 faster per STS Shock Cardio workout than we could for a STS strength workout. This also means the sync will be perfect.

Last edited:
You're confusing composing with scoring. STS will be done to music as is all of our cardio DVDs. STS strength was filmed and then the music was written and scored to match the video. This is a much more involved process and few companies in the world are capable of doing as well as what you see in STS strength. But it is not perfect and would not work for a cardio workout.

In a heavy weight workout the movement must lead and the music must follow. In a cardio workout the music leads and the movement follows. STS Shock Cardio will be done to the music as it is filmed. This means we can edit about 10 to 20 faster per STS Shock Cardio workout than we could for a STS strength workout. This also means the sync will be perfect.

Thanks SO much!

I just can't wait for STS and I am glad to hear something about the project.
Thanks for the update!!!!
julie

Thanks so much for the update SNM. I don't mind waiting for a quality product and Cathe has never disappointed me.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about STS Shock Cardio when Cathe is ready to film and has everything down. I went into this presale with the assumption it would take months to be completed and I'm okay with with that.... :)

Kathy G

SNM is very responsive

Thanks to the staff at SNM for the detailed response. I'm patiently waiting to the release and thanks to Cathe and all of you for your hard work.

Best,

M

This is just plain silly and probably started by the same people and stealth marketers that always start these negative rumors with every presale or positive event we announce.

SNM Videos, could you please explain how stealth marketing has been used in connection with your products?

Stealth Marketing

SNM Videos, could you please explain how stealth marketing has been used in connection with your products?

If you go back to the beginning of fitness forums on the Internet nearly everyone that participated on forums were just fitness enthusiast who only participated on forums because it was their passion or they were seeking information. As time passed the internet grew and businesses soon recognized that they could market to these web based groups. This great new business opportunity gave birth to search engine companies like Google and Yahoo, but also unfortunately to spammers and internet stealth marketers.

Stealth Marketing is not a new phenomenon created by or limited to the internet, but it can be more easily used, or should I say “misused” on the Internet than with traditional marketing methods.

Today, the internet is full of stealth marketers who are people secretly promoting or selling a product while pretending to be just regular users on our forum and other forums on the internet. The experienced stealth marketers know how to gain the trust of fellow forum members and they know the limits on just how far they can go without being banned or discovered. Some stealth marketers only try to push or put a positive spin on their products, while others have a two pronged approach of knocking competitors and trying to secretly steer people to purchase their brand.

On our site when you read something that Cathe and I have written you know that it is our company and that our opinion is biased toward our own products. This is why honest unbiased reviews are also so important to consumers. Unfortunately, when you pollute these unbiased reviews or comments with stealth marketers the consumer gets a false and wrong perspective.
Stealth marketing is not a small problem and doesn’t just affect our site, it is a major problem because a person looses objectivity when they profit from selling a product. This is why we don’t allow our employees to post on other websites. Independent sites need to be independent. Stealth marketing destroys this.

You asked how stealth marketing has been used on our site. Well, it takes numerous forms and I doubt a day goes by without at least one stealth marketer posting something. One of most common examples of stealth marketing is the poster who uses multiple user names to ask and then answer or provide a solution to their own question. It usually begins by asking something that looks totally innocent, like “Does anyone know anything about product ABC”? The stealth marketer then tries to steer the conversation by using multiple user names to pump up their own product and sometimes even ends by providing a link or private messaging on how to order. This example is mild when compared to the stealth marketer that post comments with the sole purpose of causing havoc or controversy on a website. This type of stealth marketer is much harder to uncover, but their damage can be more severe.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNM Videos

This is just plain silly and probably started by the same people and stealth marketers that always start these negative rumors with every presale or positive event we announce.

Are you referring to your customers who hear things?

actually, i am a customer and did speak with Cathe (at the EB event) and asked when she thought she was going to film. She told me late summer/september. as cathe has said on a numerous occassions, things change alot at this stage, so anything can really go. i had no idea this was going to create such a reaction from people and i very much regret innocently passing on the information in this forum. i've certainly learned a lesson from this one. it was not my intention at all to create problems for cathe. i have no problem at all waiting for STS cardio to come out, i'd rather wait for a perfect product.

to whomever moderates cathe's site, i would like to mention that at times (not necessarily this one) i've been taken aback by your response to comments made on these forums. on occassion they've come across as less than tactful and, in my opinion, does not benefit cathe or her business (even if the customer had it coming to them). i hope you will be more mindful in your future responses.

Last edited:
actually, i am a customer and did speak with Cathe (at the EB event) and asked when she thought she was going to film. She told me late summer/september. as cathe has said on a numerous occassions, things change alot at this stage, so anything can really go. i had no idea this was going to create such a reaction from people and i very much regret innocently passing on the information in this forum. i've certainly learned a lesson from this one. it was not my intention at all to create problems for cathe. i have no problem at all waiting for STS cardio to come out, i'd rather wait for a perfect product.

i personally don't blame you for my reaction(and plz don't blame yourself for my reaction LOL). i was more taken aback by silence about the cardio project but just assumed things were going as planned but then all these updates for website changes and sponsored road trips really had me thinking that it takes time, time that i thought was being spent on the series. kind of like the hmmm that goes off in your head when things seem to come together.

consumers just wanted to know what the deal is and we got an answer but i don't think you are a stealth marketer trying to stir the pot. you were simply passing info you heard. sorry you feel bad that you put on the spot. i hope i didn't make you feel that way many just wanted to say "hey somebody heard this so whats the deal?" my apologies if i offended that was not my intent at all, i was more offended by hearing about all these great changes to SNM but nothing on the one thing i had money in, the dvds.

ETA: i don't mind the wait either just wanted to make sure i wasn't misled. if i knew about the tour earlier i may not have pre ordered b/c i would have assumed that it would have taken longer then i would have expected. i was thinking these wouldn't have been shipped until the end of the year.

kassia

actually, i am a customer and did speak with Cathe (at the EB event) and asked when she thought she was going to film. She told me late summer/september. as cathe has said on a numerous occassions, things change alot at this stage, so anything can really go. i had no idea this was going to create such a reaction from people and i very much regret innocently passing on the information in this forum. i've certainly learned a lesson from this one. it was not my intention at all to create problems for cathe.

to whomever moderates cathe's site, i would like to mention that at times (not necessarily this one) i've been taken aback by your response to comments made on these forums. on occassion they've come across as less than tactful and, in my opinion, does not benefit cathe or her business (even if the customer had it coming to them). i hope you will be more mindful in your future responses.

I don't think any apology is necessary. You just passed on what you heard directly from Cathe - that is not spreading "negative rumors."

If anything, I think SNM needs to apologize if they are calling their customers "stealth marketers."

Erica

Hi EricaH,

We've never called our customers stealth marketers nor would we. Stealth Marketers are not customers, they're people who work for other companies or sell their products while pretending to be just an ordinary forum member. Stealth Marketing means to promote or sell without being obvious. Hopefully this clears this up.

ok, now I am confused...SNM stated that the film date "rumor" of
September was not true, just a rumor...and we hopefully will have our dvds
around the end of September as stated, that nothing had changed..

ok, great news !!!! Yet, someone else posted above that they personally
talked to Cathe in NYC and she said filming wouldn't be until late summer
or September ! Ok , please SNM, which is it????

Also, is the power tower coming along as planned? Is shipment still expected in July???

Last edited:
ok, now I am confused...SNM stated that the film date "rumor" of
September was not true, just a rumor...and we hopefully will have our dvds
around the end of September as stated, that nothing had changed..

ok, great news !!!! Yet, someone else posted above that they personally
talked to Cathe in NYC and she said filming wouldn't be until late summer
or September ! Ok , please SNM, which is it????

Also, is the power tower coming along as planned? Is shipment still expected in July???

I spoke to Cathe at the EB event...you should go by the most recent information which was posted by SNM today. The moderator speaks for Cathe and her business.

Last edited:
Quoted from lkl: "I spoke to Cathe at the EB event...you should go by the most recent information which was posted by SNM today. The moderator speaks for Cathe and her business."

I would hope by now that everyone would learn to ignore negative rumors about our presales.

If you see a film or release date posted on another site before it is posted on our site, you know that is just speculation and not based on any insider information.

So, is the moderator that speaks for Cathe and her business stating that you spread negative rumors and reported a filming date based on speculation when you actually got this information directly from Cathe? I'm confused, too. :confused:

Erica

i personally don't blame you for my reaction(and plz don't blame yourself for my reaction LOL).
my apologies if i offended that was not my intent at all, i was more offended by hearing about all these great changes to SNM but nothing on the one thing i had money in, the dvds.
kassia

hi kassia, no apologies necessary. i was not in any way offended, not at all. just didn't want people to think i'm making stuff up or, worse, that i'm a stealth marketer. both are repulsive to me. :)

Quoted from lkl: "I spoke to Cathe at the EB event...you should go by the most recent information which was posted by SNM today. The moderator speaks for Cathe and her business."

So, is the moderator that speaks for Cathe and her business stating that you spread negative rumors and reported a filming date based on speculation when you actually got this information directly from Cathe? I'm confused, too. :confused:

Erica

no, i think the moderator was probably making a general statement based on past experience. i don't feel it was directed at me personally. SNM stated very clearly where things stand today, so i don't see any confusion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.