I'm starting the 8 hour diet, so far a success! (lost 7 lbs and counting)

Denise R

Cathlete
Hi!

I've been watching horselady21's threads on intermittent fasting and started the 8 hour diet. I pick a time frame, say 9:30a-5:30p and eat whatever I'd like until full and then once window is up, my eating stops. Nothing before or after. I've seriously lost 7 lbs (I'm sure water weight, but I'll take it) in just a few days. My official weigh in day will be Saturdays (or STATurdays). To keep myself motivated I'm going to post my results here once per week.

Hubby and I are renewing our vows this October 24th and I'm shooting for a 40-50 lb weight loss. I may mix in a few true "fasting days" consisting of 500-600 calories starting next week. (2 at the most)

Thanks horselady21 for all your posts that have finally given me the courage to start this plan for myself. Hubby is doing it too and is also enjoying success. To me this isn't a diet, but truly a lifestyle. I used to eat this way years ago without knowing that "intermittent fasting" was a "thing" and I was thin.

I'm going to do the following for exercise: Sunday-Lower Body, Tues/Fridays-Upper Body, Mon/Wed/Thurs-Walking and Saturday is Low Impact HiiT. I may add in additional walking if I feel like it but this is what I'm planning on doing to be consistent and to do something every day. :D

So here is to my success....wish me luck! ;)

Denise

Congrats on your wedding vows renewal. : ) How romantic. Going anywhere special?
This sounds a lot like the type of fasting my Hindu friends have been doing as part of their faith. Interesting.

Congrats on both the diet and the vow renewal! Keep us posted on your progress. I find this truly motivating.

Awesome. 8 hour window sounds better than the 5 hour window. I would need to be later times and sometimes we are not eating dinner til 6:30-7:00. something to definitely think about. Congrats on renewing the vows, can I ask how long? We will hit 20 in September and going to the outer banks, first real vacation since I think our honeymoon.

Hi!

We had our 18th anniversary this past weekend, 7/25. We have been together for 20 years. Hubby and I got married at the justice of peace with all 4 kids (his 2 boys, my 2 girls) in tow. We wanted a nice church type service with the kids (and the grandchildren) this time around. It should be fun! We will have our girls along with our granddaughter as "bridesmaids" and our boys including grandson as "groomsman". Hubby and I plan on walking down the aisle together with him singing to me all the way. We'll exchange our own vows and then have a reception afterwards.

I can't wait! (so I need to get into shape)

Denise

Wow, I just jumped on to update my progress and saw this! I am so happy for you, in both your marriage and your weight loss! And happy to have positively motivated someone. That is the very special thing that keeps me going!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.