I'm just starting to workout

My sister gave me these tapes she did not use them : Kick Max, Power Hour+, Pyramid lower + upper body, Kick, Punch & Crunch & Legs and Glutes, 4 Day Split Cardio Weights. I'm just starting to workout. So I need help on which tapes I should start with???.
Thank you,

Lucky you, what a nice selection of workouts to inherit!

When you say you are just starting to work out, does that mean you have been sedentary? Or do you mean you're just starting to work out at home, but you've been doing some other kind of exercise? That makes a difference.

If you're starting from scratch (no exercise at all) I'd start slow, with shorter premixes, light weights, and a 4-inch step bench. The Low Intensity Step workout in 4 Day Split is probably the easiest cardio from what you have listed. You have a nice selection of strength training workouts; just start light and build up the weight over time. Even legs and Glutes with no weights will be tough because you'll be working with your own body weight.

If you're already relatively active, just start where you want with what interests you most and have fun trying all the different workouts. Vary them to keep your muscles guessing. Have fun!

What great selections you have to start off with. I have not been consistent with my workouts for the last two years. Therefore, I have lost some of the toned muscles in my arms and gained about 8 pounds. Pyramid Upper Body is truly one of my favorites. You can lift as light/heavy as you want. Good Luck to you. I started working out with Cathe 7 years ago and I can definitely tell you that I saw amazing results when I cleaned up my diet.

Hi Bobbi-b
Thank you for information I have been sedentary. If i get any other tape which ones do you like. I lost 30 pounds and would like to lose 30 more. doing the dvd will help with that have you try the step tapes.

hi Heartymax,

Thank you for the information. Do you know if losing alot of weight? and working out will help firm the skin??

I am not sure of the answer to your requestion. I would think that if you are gradually losing from a combination of cardio and weight-training that your body will tone and be firmer. The people who I know that have problems with skin usually just diet and don't exercise...then again...every person is different. Maybe someone else will chime in to answer this question for you.

Good luck with your workouts. You have already accomplished alot toward your weight loss goal. Keep up the work!

Hi Bobbi-b
Thank you for information I have been sedentary. If i get any other tape which ones do you like. I lost 30 pounds and would like to lose 30 more. doing the dvd will help with that have you try the step tapes.

I have many of Cathe's step tapes. Low Max and Body Max 2 are two of my favorite step routines. You already have two step routines in the 4 Day Split, give those a try and see if you like Cathe's step style. Congrats on losing 30 pounds, that's a big accomplishment!

I think the DVD's you have are advanced level. My very first cathe dvd was Basic Step/Body Fusion. She has a beginner rotation listed on the rotations forum. I suggest you start there. Then after 4 weeks move to the intermediate rotation. I started off using a step, 3 lb dumbbells, and stretch bands or tubing. I cant tell you how much Cathe's workouts have meant to me over these few years. I am more fit now at age 50 than I've ever been. You start off easy and as you get stronger you will challenge yourself with Pyramids, 4DS, etc. You will also learn alot from these forums regarding diet and exercise.

Best of luck and congratulations on losing 30 pounds already.

Carmen.

I have these Kick Max, Power Hour+, Pyramid lower + upper body, Kick, Punch & Crunch & Legs and Glutes, 4 Day Split Cardio Weights. I like to get some new one are these ok basic step & body fusion, cardio core circuit, body max 2 , or do these tape I have will do the same thing . I have lost 47 lbs so need to frim up . Thank you. some of the other tapes are a little hard to do.

If you are just starting out, I would say start with Basic Step and Body Fusion. the 4-day split step cardio is pretty tricky, and the Bootcamp pretty advanced. You probably could do the 4DS Kickbox workout since it's not super intense, and you can also try Kick, Punch and Crunch and do as much as you can, or just do a short premix (35 minutes or less) to start out with. For the strength DVDs, just lift lighter weights and do as many reps as you can with good form (if you can't do all the reps Cathe does). Those are great DVDs that you got, and you will grow into them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.