How many bathing suits do you own?

pixie9

Cathlete
I have 2 good ones right now - one bikini and one one piece. The one piece is nothing short of AMAZING. I ordered it from Esther Williams (famous swimsuit model from the '50's) and it is just the most flattering thing I've EVER worn. It's true to size (meaning an 8 is REALLY an 8). See below:

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL279/7540569/17326551/323010057.jpg

Here's the next one I'm thinking about getting:

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL279/7540569/17326551/323010077.jpg

Thoughts?

C

ETA: Can anyone see the pics now??

Hmmmm, I can see them. I wonder what the problem is. Can you see the URL? This is the first time I've attempted to post any pics so I probably screwed it up somehow...

C

I own 1 swimsuit, and I've had it for 2 years and it still has the tags on it. :p Evily don't wear swimsuits! However, I will say that I do love the one I have - it's from Land's End and very flattering - I just haven't had any opportunity to wear it.

The only thing I have more of than bathing suits is shoes! It's embarrassing!

I probably have 30 bathing suits (could be more). I love them and we're big beach people.
I like to wear a different one every day! :p

(I must qualify and say that I've collected them over many years)

>Now I see them!
>
>Both suits are very cool. I definitely think you should get
>both. }(

YAY!! Thanks Gayle! I actually do have the first one - with a different fabric. I think I may get the 2nd but it's a little pricey. Oh, and I loved the VS suit you got. So cute and sporty! :)

C

I'm not answering that question. It's too shocking. But I used to rent a beach house every summer so I'm entitled. :p

I really like the first one. It's kind of retro & has a cool, sophisticated kind '40s look.

But I'm in the "get both" camp. ;-)

Carolyn -- Oh, those two suits are just ADORABLE! I'm with Laura -- you need to get a second one in the first style and then also the second suit!}(

Gayle, that one you bought is also so cute, and I bet it's really flattering! :)

I think I have four swimsuits, but two of them I just bought at Target and haven't worn yet.

I remember reading something years ago that said that swimsuit makers use fabric that will shrink one to two sizes during a typical season of use -- so that we have to buy a new one each summer! So, see -- it's not our imagination that the old suits don't fit!;-)

I don't own one, and have not since 1978. I refuse to wear shorts or a bathing suit, anything above the knee.

Esther Williams - famous bathing beauty movie star from the '40's, & Olympic swimmer before that. Some of the corniest MGM flicks featured her. Later she got into the swim suit business. Just a few trivial facts about her.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn...Bn1SI/AAAAAAAAAS8/dA1g3VGm1uE/s400/esther.jpg

She's also Lorenzo Lamas' mother (once married to Fernando Lamas - "You look mah-velous!"), and is still with us at age 86 or 87.

I'm too embarrassed to say too. Some are from Target, the rest from Dillard's. All bikinis (one pieces just look goofy on me b/c of my height, I think) and all in the price range of $3.49 a piece to a whopper of I think it was $12.49 one time! FYI - if you have a Target around, they have great suits and you can always find some at 75% off, which is either the 3.49 mark or 4.49 mark - jr sizes are a little less expensive. And at the end of the season, Dillard's does 75% off, and then they go to 4.99 a piece and there are just loads of suits still left. These are pieces that were originally, on average, about $60 a piece! I've put on an almost $150 retail price bikini for $10 :) Target, though, has their super clearances weekly. I think they mark them down on Tues mornings.

Well, I forgot to vote - my favorite is the first one - I like the second one too but I'd be afraid my little ol' boobs would even look smaller, personally, but if you've got something up there, it would be cute.

>I own 1 swimsuit, and I've had it for 2 years and it still
>has the tags on it. :p Evily don't wear swimsuits!

I have two, but I only wear the tops, and that's when I'm gardening.
I don't wear swimsuits either. (but if I did, I'd wear these: two piece, top is a halter, bottom is skirted.)

I really like the first one, very cute!

I own one swimsuit - two piece, bottom is a skirt. I love it b/c I feel comfortable around mixed company!! :)

Mary

Love the 1st one suit.

The 2nd one is cute but it doesn't look very practical - like you'd fall out of it too easily

I buy a few bathing suits every year and usually get rid of the older ones after a season or two.

I have about 3.. all landsend. I usually wait till they are on sale or use good coupon codes. I LOVE their suits. They are so flattering and good quality. All of mine have matching swim skirts and I love that. I want these next but waiting for a sale. I just missed the free ship sale but I want to save more than that. :)

I like this top in black paisley
http://www.landsend.com/pp/CustomPaisleyUnderwireTankiniSwimTop-58940_184436_593.html

This swim skirt rocks! I'd get black for the top above
http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingSideShirredJerseySwimMini153-58940_176295_59.html

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.