Hiit ... Tell me the TRUTH!!!

Cupcake

Cathlete
You guys can actually do this?!!
How in the world do you tuck jump, air jack, plyo jump, uneven squat for 30:30? Do you in all honesty do all those reps for that amount of time and only need 30 seconds?
You guys are Amazons!
Hoooow?!!
I don't think I have ever sworn so bad in my life. I was staring at the TV going " WHY?!! Why must you always try to bleep bleep try to bleep bleep me?!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

;);):) I genuinely report doing and loving those stuff listed. The feeling I get once I am done is a great ah ah.
My air way feel more opened up after the sweating process. I feel recovering process.

To be able to do these stuff I had to build a mindset for it = mental strength. There are like animals and somehow one is adamantly determined 2 TAME lol
Don't let the animal rule you;););)

I remember when I first started with Cathe...I was ready to die after the warm-up :) Now I can do most of her workouts with no breaks including that hiit. Good for you that you didn't give up!

Her warm ups are the equivalent of workouts for a lot of workouts. At least that's what it seems like!

I also find she fries the quads real good.

Cupcake--you will work up to it. I remember when I started exercising consistently I thought the plyometrics in The Firm was so hard! Hee-hee. However more than a decade of consistently doing these types of high impact/plyometric workouts (Cathe, Shaun T, Michelle Dozois, Amy Dixon, etc)--I can do the majority of them without taking any breaks other than what the trainers give (Insanity workouts are the exception to that--Shaun T murders me!). That doesn't mean I don't find them hard--but that is the point of a HIIT workout--all out, 110%. If you are giving it your all and have to stop halfway through the 30 or 40 second interval--that it is still a HIIT! You maxed yourself out.

Her warm ups are the equivalent of workouts for a lot of workouts. At least that's what it seems like!

Lol your post above made me think of kit kickboxing 4ds segment. during the warm up, Cathe exclaimed: " are you sure this is a warm up? ".
By the time 30 minutes were over, I thought sweetie I wish you made an hour segment. So much fun:)

As you keep on trying and modifying so that you can complete the workouts, one day, you get up and you can just do it. Consistency is the key and pushing oneself a bit doesn't hurt either! I am 52 and I still complete the workouts with all their jumps and plyo jacks, tuck jumps, etc. I just did XT Cardio Legs yesterday and it was fun!!

LOL cupcake I know it feels like sheer torture the first time you do it! I started off doing the air jacks etc at a slower rate than Cathe and gradually increased the speed once I'd done the workout a few times. But it's such a hurts so good kinda feeling!

When I 1st started this WO it was 30/60....then 30/50....30/40 and so on. Now I can do this 30/30 but there are days that my body says we're not doing the 30/30. Lol give yourself time you'll be able to build your endurance.
You can do it [emoji1430]

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

Ok Couldn't agree more with everyone strategy building up endurance ; gradually tightening recovery time, modifying exercises etc...

All this work too;)

I personally can't do HiiT due to bad knees (OK, excuse as I absolutely hate it) but everyone who has answered are right - work up to it and don't push yourself! HiiT has a lot of benefits but in my mind if you dread it it might be better to try something that makes you want to exercise? I have never felt great after doing HiiT; I've felt a bit accomplished but also felt that I punished myself.

To me exercise should be fun and if HiiT is enjoyable that's great! I'm admittedly not a hardcore exerciser... I love weight lifting and getting what cardio I can from that ("Cardio Leg Blast" is a good example). Everyone is different so maybe tailor your workout to your needs and what you know you'll look forward to doing? I used to be really strict about my workouts but eventually stopped because I couldn't do what I didn't like despite the benefits. Again, I'm one of those people who doesn't beat myself up over a few pizza slices am not completely devoted to healthy living but I do my best. Life is too short. I lost my Dad, Mom and brother much too early despite their being active so in my view why not have a little fun as you never know what's in store. Try to aim for good health but also know what works for you and what doesn't! Sorry for this rambling message but I do believe that people should like exercising because thinking that "I should be able to..." isn't the best mindset.

My personal motto: if you get up looking forward to exercise that's more than most people are able to do. :)

When I 1st started this WO it was 30/60....then 30/50....30/40 and so on. Now I can do this 30/30 but there are days that my body says we're not doing the 30/30. Lol give yourself time you'll be able to build your endurance.
You can do it [emoji1430]

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

I think I might try this approach as it definitely sounds reasonable [emoji4]

I personally can't do HiiT due to bad knees (OK, excuse as I absolutely hate it) but everyone who has answered are right - work up to it and don't push yourself! HiiT has a lot of benefits but in my mind if you dread it it might be better to try something that makes you want to exercise? I have never felt great after doing HiiT; I've felt a bit accomplished but also felt that I punished myself.

To me exercise should be fun and if HiiT is enjoyable that's great! I'm admittedly not a hardcore exerciser... I love weight lifting and getting what cardio I can from that ("Cardio Leg Blast" is a good example). Everyone is different so maybe tailor your workout to your needs and what you know you'll look forward to doing? I used to be really strict about my workouts but eventually stopped because I couldn't do what I didn't like despite the benefits. Again, I'm one of those people who doesn't beat myself up over a few pizza slices am not completely devoted to healthy living but I do my best. Life is too short. I lost my Dad, Mom and brother much too early despite their being active so in my view why not have a little fun as you never know what's in store. Try to aim for good health but also know what works for you and what doesn't! Sorry for this rambling message but I do believe that people should like exercising because thinking that "I should be able to..." isn't the best mindset.

My personal motto: if you get up looking forward to exercise that's more than most people are able to do. :)

And after reading this I can justify swapping Cardio core with something else as it looks a lot more Athletic that I am!!! Can I tell you again how shocked I was at how pleasant MMA Boxing was?
As in I literally gaped at the TV screen when it was over, thinking " Well that was pleasant!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.