High Impact Sports Bra???

LFleming

Hello my fellow Cathletes! Had 2 new additions implanted Nov 20. I wasn't able to do any high impact for 6 weeks, just about killed me! but times up and I have the go ahead to start high impact workouts. Now my problem is this.... I need to find a very effective high impact sports bra. I didn't realize what a challenge this would be. My new additions are quite heavy and need tons of support. I'd appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks

Hi LFleming,

Two years ago I had a breast reduction with a lift (went from a 34DD to a 38C). I had the anchor incision, the one that goes under the cup of the breast. If you can, please try on any bra in the store first, as I found some sat right on my incisions and were bothersome. Not sure about your incisions, but wanted to bring it up. And I had professionals measure me for several months as things 'settled'.

I found the Victoria's Secret Knockout Front Close sports bra to work for me very well. It is a bra within a bra. The inner layer is a molded cup that you click to close and then (just in the front) a second layer that zips up over it. I use this for all of my high impact since my surgery. Very minimal if any bounce, and zero pain.

BTW, I know my surgeon also recommended that I wear a bra during the night (forever). I use stretchy yoga bras for this.

Also, make sure when you try on to jump up and down in the fitting room to imitate a workout and check the bounce and feel.

I have 34DDs. Right now I love Gap's High Impact bras.
I've found that most I've tried have been huge in terms of amount of fabric and coverage (I have a small frame), so I need the support, but not giant foam cups. The Gap's line is affordable, and for me, holds me firmly in place during anything high impact, or running.

Enell is also a good line, but pricey.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.