Posting yesterdays workout:

BICEPS
Barbell Curls
75# 6x's
80# 6x's (went up cuz 75# felt light IN BEGINNING) lol
70# 10x's
65# 12x's
60# 12x's

Concentration Curls (should have done these first)
45's 4/5 (fatigue already setting in from curling 80#)
40's 9/8
35's 10/8
(really struggling here and you can tell with the reps as I needed to complete more and just couldn't)

Preacher Curls
50# 12/12
(what was left of me..this took it) lol.

SHOULDERS
Overhead DB Press:
25's 6/6/6
20's 10x's
15's 12/12
(I started with 30's, but after bicep work, I had to stick with 25's)

Upright Rows (I hate these and decided to do them with db's instead)
30's 6/6 (isolated move with one arm at a time)
25's 10x's (same..isolated move with one arm at a time)
20's 12/12 (both arms)

Bent Over Lat Raises
12's 12/12

ABS
150 crunches (various)

Today I will get on elliptical and post stats later. I still have to mow the grass. Going to lunch with my daughter and getting her nails done. I don't want my nails done..they get in my way.

Have great workouts!

Last edited:
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy's Rumble. Seems all I've been wanting to do since starting going thru the divorce is kickbox. Workout was 70" with stretch and I burned 609 calories. I sort have had to half ass the heavy bag segment since my DH took the TV out of the basement....so I was running up and down the stairs.....watching the combos and then running downstairs to do them on the bag.

All I've been doing for cardio since the start of my divorce is kickboxing. I blast a good CD (which....by the way.....Saving Abel's latest is great) and punch away my anger. Strange thing is that I conversed with Amy Bento via email and found out she just went thru a divorce from a verbal bashing husband and went thru this same kickboxing phase and even learned streetfighting. Says she's right there with me in Rumble! She's so great. I love her.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am hanging in there. Things are rough the most financially and trying to be independent when I was so dependent on my DH in the past. DH is being a real jerk about everything......but what else is new.

I'll try to check in from time to time.

This morning I worked my shoulders and did a bit of cardio. Had a pretty good workout but since I only work one body part it just feels like I hardly did anything. Oh well.

1:30 minute rest between each set and exercise.

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
31's - 6/6/6 (up 1#)
27's - 10 (up 1#)
25's - 12/10 (up 3#)
***31's were brutal and the last set it was all I could do to mustar up 10 reps.

Upright Barbell Rows:
60# - 6/6 (up 5#)
55# - 10 (up 5#)
50# - 12/12 (up 5#)
***Shoulder is feeling much better. Forearms were burning. Not sure what is up with that?

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
21's - 12/12 (up 1#)

Steady State Cardio.

Cardio stats:
30 minutes
25 minutes in zone
164 calories burned
1.6 miles travelled

That is all...

Char - Wow woman. Excellent workouts! Your bicep work is incredible. My jaw is on the floor! Nice work!

Lora - Good to hear from you and glad to see you are hanging in there. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

Feeling Good!

Me :D so happy to be back with my workouts, it is ridicules. Last night I went for a walk the weather was perfect, even stopped at Walmarts, carried two large bags home, man oh man I sweating like a pig:confused: Walk was 2 hours:eek:

This morning, I did legs.

BB Squats: 16 x 40/40/50/50/60/60
DB Static lunges 16 x 10/15/15/15
DB Back lunges 16 x 10/10
DB Pile: 16x 15/10/15/15
DB Leg presses; 16 x 10/15/15/15/15
BB Dead lifts 16 x 50/50/60
Calves 4 x 16/16/16/16

My sister may stop by this evening, If not I plan to do KPC:eek:

Toasty: You are SO freaking strong, can’t believe your work, it is amazing. Niiiiice! ;)

Lora: Glad to hear you are okay:)

Debbie: Nice Job!!:p

Morning Maniacs! Yesterday evening I went on an hr. steady state bike ride. This morning I'll do Doves Bodies Volume #2.

Debbie- interesting thing I figured out about my hrm (since we have the same one). I figured out that it screws up when I have the chest strap on upside down, you know, with the nike symbol upside down. It's easy to not notice this when you put it on. I wonder if that is what happens when yours screws up. Let me know what you think.

Char- you animal! No way can my biceps handle what yours can. How on earth?!

Lora- Glad you checked in! I was wondering how you were doing. Keep hanging in there and keep punching that bag! Cool about Amy.:)

Teddy- Nice leg workout girl!

Gotta run or workout won't get done (hey, that rhymes!):p

Teddygirl - Nice seeing you post your workouts again! What rotation are you following now?

Dallys - I can't put my HRM on upside down, it hooks on my left side. Weird how you can put yours on upside down. Mine was acting up today again and I changed the battary. Drives me nuts sometimes.

Debbie: Thanks, I’m not following any rotation, I make em up for the week. But, I plan to do legs, upper body, cardio, thinking to work legs twice per week, UB three times per week and cardio when ever I can get it in:D.

Toasty: I can hardly believe this dude is 113, he looks dam good, you noticed he has NO winkles:eek:.

Cool plan, Teddygirl!!! :)

Man, my glutes are screaming at me today. I can hardly get out of my chair! :eek: I guess those 230# leg presses did the trick! :D

Good workouts Maniacs!!

I love reading your wokrouts.. Its interesting to see where some of you guys lift much higher than me.. and then where my weights are higher.. funny how some of our areas are stronger than others.
The interesting and unique ways we're built :)

Lora- you go girl punch that bag out! Hang in there thorugh all these struggles- we're here for you at least ;)

Done with my cardio:

Burned 401 cals (stayed on for 47 mins cuz I just had to burn at least 400) :p
Traveled 5.4 mi
Various Speeds (when good song came on..I went faster) hehe

Teddygirl

I know. Doesn't he look good???? My husband's 98 year old grandmother is the same way. She has no wrinkles. She juices all her own vegetables (she use to) and always has taken her vitamins (which reminds me..I need to order some).

Pebs

I know and I agree with you. I love seeing what others can do cuz I think it is amazing.

Bionics,

Girl, I am gonna have to get on my bike soon here. Been a busy week. I think Saturday I am gonna bike (watch it be 100 degrees or rain) lol. I know your having fun. Horror movies coming up soon. What happen with Rob?

Afternoon Maniacs,

This morning I did BM2 Cardio Blast Premix adding the bonus cardio on the end to make workout a solid 60 minutes.

No personals for me today, I just found out my cousin passed away this morning. It was expected, he's been fighting cancer for six months, just feeling sad at the moment.

Linda - I'm sorry to hear this. A lady here at work, her sister-in-law passed away this morning from breast cancer. She was only 48 years old. How truly sad this disease is - any cancer.

This is a quick check in. Lots of interruptions today and I have to run out the door in about 5 minutes. Could use something to wake me up as I did not get much sleep last night. Anyway today I did all of Amy's Step Challenge 3, the power ups and both ab segments. Total workout time was 2 hr 4 minutes and I burned 865 calories. Been eating on the run. Had coffee and two muscle milk light bars along with a Kashi go lean lemongras coconut chicken meal. That my fitness pal program is nice. It had everything I ate in it today:D
Got to run.

Linda: ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) :(

Eatery is not good today, I just haven’t had a appetite, heck, I just finished eating M2 not enough food. Don’t ask me why!

Eats:
M1: 3 egg whites and oatmeal (milk sat on my desk all morning)
M2: ff yogurt w/2Tbsp of flaxseed
M3: turkey sandwich and peach
M4: 4 chicken wing dings w/ salad red & green peppers, grapes (maybe tonight I’ll be hungry)

I’m going to get m3 or m4 right now:eek: ttyl

Last edited:
Meals for today:

Medium Calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 3/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: 1 can tuna w/2 tbsp. light mayo on 1 slice 12 grain bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; Plum
M5: Clif Builder Bar
M6: 4 oz. 96% beef patty; Sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese; sweet potato
M7: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

2061.5 calories (2000 goal)
54 g. fat - 23%
192 g. protein - 37% (195 g. is goal)
213 g. protein - 42% (292 g. is goal - yea right!)

Hey Crazies! Been a super busy day today! Eats have only been peaches and milk w/protein powder twice so far! Just haven't had time to focus on food. Funny, I'm not even hungry yet. Wanted to get a bike ride in, but it's not looking good. We'll be going to Fruita Co. this weekend for tons of riding though, so not to worry.:p

Debbie- I just hook my hrm in front of me and then twist it around. Yesterday when I had it on upside down, my hr was a steady 69 on my bike ride, then when I sped up it went down to 38, lol! As if!

Char- Rob stuck around for about 3 weeks and then some of the other birds kicked him out of his territory. I have no clue if he just flew away or if he perished.:( Last day we saw him he came right in the house and stood on the counter while dh cut up his berries. He was afraid of the trees, cuz of the mean birds, so he hung around close to the house on the railing and porch. Poor thing, had no family to protect him. Not one rehabilitation center would take him...SOB's! We tried best we could.

Linda- Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Great workouts everyone else.

I am going to have to start checking in earlier! I can't keep up with you all!

Linda - I'm sorry about your cousin. I wish they would find a stinkin' cure for cancer already. You hang in there.

Lora - So good to hear from you! I hope that you can find a way to check in more often so we know you are okay. You hang in there too!

This morning I did legs - squats, leg press and leg extentions. Then I did biceps and triceps. I wanted to do shoulders but ran out of time. I'll try to get shoulders in tomorrow after cardio. I'm going to Women of Faith in Denver with my mom and sister tomorrow and Saturday. :)

You guys and your weight AMAZES me, as always! My knee is still being funky. My dad is coming into town next week. I'm going to give my knee some time off starting the following week while he's still here. I figure that's a good time to start. I haven't decided how long yet. If it's still bothering me after that I may have it looked at b/c I don't want to go into next cycling season with it messed up. The sports med doctor said it could have a little tear. If there is any kind of problem with it I want to get it taken care of before cycling season next year. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.