Hardcore Hottie Fitness Maniacs November 25,2008

Good Morning Hotties!!!!!!!!

I am going on elliptical this morning for 90 mins and see what I burn. Got to do abs too. Thanksgiving will be here soon. Gotta burn alittle more and will do a cardio coach on Thursday morning...weights on Weds.

BTW, didn't do much damage from eating at the Diner last night. Weight is 121 and body fat 15% Really want to bring the body fat down to 14% though.

Hope ya'll have a lovely day! Be back later to post stats and chat.;)

Morning Ladies:D

This morn, I did a 30 min jog that’s was all I could do, didn’t want to take the chances of getting to worn out, but I do feel better, one day at a time;) I started with CC#7 but is was too much so I put my headset on and listened to 93.1. Tomorrow, I should be able to do more.:rolleyes:

Stats:
1.94 miles travelled
197 cals burned
30 minutes

Toasty: Have a great workout!

Good morning everyone! Another day of sleeping in. Don't know what to do with myself I'm so rested! LMAO!

Nice workouts everyone. Linda, I may start doing some step workouts again when I do up my new rotation. I just LOVE Step Blast!

Char - Nice workout yesterday, your bicep curls just blow me away, sister!

Diane Sue - Have you worked out the issues with your cell phone bill? I hope so!!!

Anyone hear from Lora lately?

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did all segments of Total body solution: Neck, shoulders, core, lower back, knees. I feels super loose and comfy in my body this morning.:D Definitely will do cardio later. Like Char, I want to burn extra this week to make up for some food I know I'm gonna eat.
Yesterdays eats were so bad I can't even post em!:eek: Back on track this morning.

BBL

I am about to head out for my walking lunges up those hills...Toasty - I busted out reading that you did them on your roof! By the way, do you go by Char, Charlotte, or both? I always use Toasty but figure you may like to just see your name instead! And Dallys - shame, woman! Ha ha -At least I entertain those who happen to look at me baffled :p Of course, I can pretty much do that on a daily basis if I'm not careful! BTW - I have my Harlot shorts on the way. I'll let you know.

The knee is all better now. Thanks for the sympathy yesterday! I mostly just felt stupid and had to mutter a few #*$*&%&# from the immediate pain and thoughts of - oh no, what have I done, with pictures of bone splinters - under my breath b/c DD was in the next room! Just a small bruise now and only hurts to touch that one spot. I've done much, much worse crashing a motorcycle :eek: Well, and a bicycle too. This is why I fear KBs!!!

No workout yesterday. By the time I got to work, took care of a cat I visit every day (Dec 1 will mark 11 years!), took my own cat to the vet, did my stuff around the house, packed, etc, there was no extra time.

Diane Sue - Why on earth are those KB workouts so darned expensive? I heard that KB Way 1 and 2 are good, and I like the looks of Extreme KB workout - some guy on a beach. The AOS KB Way have the Providence, Newport, Empire State and Santa Monica that I know of, but as I understand it, they changed the names to 1 & 2 from Providence and Newport. Is that right? And SM has the ropes in it? I have no room for that. I read on a thread that Newport is harder. It is all too confusing! Since they are so expensive, I don't want one that I don't like. Crimeny - they cost more than the darned KBs.

Suz - fun eating times for you. If only we could enjoy stuff like that without the guilt. Just tell yourself that you only live once! You do too much work to really need to worry... easier said than done, I know. DH made burgers Sunday night. I virtually never eat red meat but he wanted to make them and I didn't want to make something else. Wow - it was so good. He told me on the way to Tyler, when I told him how good the burgers had been, that he had not bought the extremely lean meat though. I told myself my body appreciated the extra protein input and that it was, indeed, quite tasty! Heaven knows I can pretty much write this week off anyway since I am not at home with all of my "special" food! My problem is any time my tummy gets the least bit bloated, I feel fat. A lot of it is hormones and I am going back on the pill, but a different one. After a while, though, I'll go off again b/c I'll have these same issues on the pill. Some days, I wish I was a boy!:rolleyes:

shana - Glad the knee is better! Have fun with your walking lunges.

Suz - Please don't sweat that piece of cake. Lordy woman, you can probably eat the whole thing and not worry about it. :D

Linda, I may start doing some step workouts again when I do up my new rotation. I just LOVE Step Blast!

Debbie - Step Blast was, well, a blast. It was really fun this morning. Anyway I would be interested to see what rotation you put togther for December. I feel like I need to change things up for a little while.

My workout is done. I got up at 4:30. Things got cray and plans kept changing this morning and the phone kept ringing
icon_surprised.gif

This morning I did 5.25 miles on the treadmill and burned 561 calories, then I did Kettlebell Goddess abs/core 23 minutes.(this is 5 minutes w/up, 11 minutes core and 7 minutes stretch),3 sets of 15 reps hanging knee raises with a 10# medicine ball, Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 abs # 1 with the 15 and 20 kettlebells, and abs #2, and the stretch. I burned 325 calories doing abs and stretch. Total calories burned was 886. There were a couple of ab moves in the Kettlebell Goddess workout that I wasn't sure I liked. The farmer walk holding kettlebells one in one hand overhead and one down and walk in a circle
icon_surprised.gif
just thought it seemed kind of useless, the other was a power crunch with these long breathes and sort of a pop at the end completely letting out air. MY hamstrings and glutes are so sore today as well as my forearms from the kettlebells. I decided to just do abs and treadmill today to give them a break. I had printed up this rotation by Rachel Cosgrove on musclewithattitude.com that uses kettlebells (she mentions AOS Providence) and weights alternating days. As sore as I am right now I don't think I could do weights the day after the kettlebells. I am sure I will adapt soon though:D

Debbie, At&t called and took the charges off of my phone bill. Funny they called the day I found out I had pneumonia and when I saw them on the caller id I was so afraid I was going to have to deal with a mess and was not up to it. It was a great relief.

Shana, glad the knee is better. I know I keep watching clips and reading reviews because I really do not want to spend that much on a kettlebell workout without knowing it will be good. I do think I would like the AOS ones. I wouldn't go for Santa Monica because I don't plan on getting the ropes. I think Providence would be the one to start with or the Kettlebell way one (which I do find the titles a little confusing) I understand that Newport is supposed to be harder. Have you watched the trailers??

Dallys, I guess I forgot to mention that I did some of the moves for shoulders from Total Body Solutions today. I did the egyptian arm things while walking on the treadmill. And fit moves in between dvd changes.

Shana,

Debbie started with the Char so now alot will call me that. lol. I really don't mind...as long as it is not b*tch. lol. I think toasty, Charlotte or the likes thereof are fine by me.

Bionics,

Do say what thou has ate.:D:p:eek:

Linda,

Love Step Blast. I like the pony hops or whatever they are called. Those now are cool.

Diane Sue,

I see your getting back into the workouts...more like a lion getting into its prey.

Hey again! I need to go do some cardio, but I feel lazy now. Really gonna have to come up with some motivation here. I'm braced for a good kick in the @$$.:)

Shana- Yeah, I want to hear how you like those pants. I always thought that brand was kind of cool looking. Glad your knee is feeling better. I'm afraid of hitting myself with the kb's too. I can just see that happening.

Diane Sue- Funny, I do some of those shoulder drills while I'm on the computer or walking around the house.. just whenever I feel tight. So while Shana and Char are getting away with doing walking lunges out in public, we could do our egyptian move in the grocery lines and stuff and no one will think we are weirdos.;)

Char-
You really want to know what I ate yesterday... are you sure? Ok, but I'll warn you, it out does everyones bad eating so far..just want to add this is totally not the norm for me, lol. It all started out with a healthy green shake... then later, for some reason unbenownst to me, I got a wild hair and went and got a bean burrito WITH fries AND fry sauce... then got invited to the movies and had the big, yes the big bag of popcorn... then I came home and sitting on the counter was a huge Christmas sugar cookie that I just had to have, you know, cuz it was there... then just for fun, I felt like I needed something green again and had a broccoli salad... I then washed it all down with 4...yes, I said 4 beers! Funny, I slept like a log and woke up feeling great this morning. What gives? So there it is in all it's fat and Carbs...hey, you asked. TOP THAT!:p

Last edited:
Dallys - Shana dances around, saying... Go girl! That is impressive. Hey - you got some good stuff in there too. Doesn't that cancel out the bad?:D

Char...that is a cool name anyway - WTG Debbie :)

Well, I had an awesome workout. CC#8 with tons of walking lunges, big hills, and sprints, and then I added some isometric squats and then regular fast squats. I warmed up with Halle on my back, going up the biggest hill and then coming back down but midway, I turned around and did walking lunges with her on my back :eek: She weighs (according to her preciseness) 54.4 lbs. Calories were 957, max HR was 189, avg was 156. Such a beautiful day here and lo and behold, they actually have fall with leaves that change colors! In Houston, we have green and dead.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Hi all! I am taking a few days off from workouts. Had a mole removed and doctor just suggested few days off (due to stitches) plus I got to thinking it's been awhile since I have taken recovery time. I will be back at it on Friday....burn off all that turkey!

Dally's...you crack me up! BTW...what movie did you see?
Shanna...you worked it girl! Nice job! When my DH makes burgers he always makes me turkey burgers. Sweet that yours bought the lean meat!
Diane...4:30 a.m. my goodness! You never cease to amaze me.

Yeah, I don't mind the Char. It is fine by me. Actually had a key chain that had Char on it for a long time.

Bionics,

That sounds evil to pieces. :eek:, but did you have fun??? :p

Did my workout..didn't get started til 4pm cuz I was so busy cleaning and chatting..hehe.

Burned 809 cals
Traveled 12 mi.
Time 90 mins
Speed 9mph
Level 1

Now I need to eat and work abs. I have the house to myself tonight..yippee!

Sonya,

That is a good idea. I once had a pimple removed from my breast..basically what it was as I thought maybe it was cancer or something and so got a few stitches and then worked my chest next day. Not smart..stretched the area.

You all have been so busy...and chatty! I'm late to the party today. I had a busy morning at work, as the president wants me to add ANOTHER camp! A writer's camp for 7th - 9th graders. Hopes to bring in some home schoolers. Yesterday he made a decision to cancel classes today (we're closed tomorrow anyway) and close the college at noon b/c of the suicide. Knowing that, I did my lifting this morning and then came home and did Cardio Coach Press Play this afternoon. Here's my workout:

Lat Pulldowns
12r 12r 12r 12r
90# 90# 90# 90#

Bench Press
10r 8r 6r 4r
60# 65# 75# 80#

Seated Cable Rows
10r 8r 6r 4r
50# 55# 60# 65#

Pushups – Uneven
20/20/20/20
I used a yoga block under my right hand at the suggestion of Gregg to help strengthen my shoulder. I thought about switching and doing 40 and 40. I don't know if I'll be uneven? I need to ask him.

Kneeling Cable Rows
10r 8r 6r 10r
55# 60# 65# 70#
Need to start at 65# next time since I was able to do 10 reps at 70#.

Standing Reverse Flyes
10r 8r 6r 4r
7.5# 10# 12.5# 15#

Cardio Coach Press Play

DH is home. Gotta go make dinner. BBL...

Dallys, I could just see me doing those egyptian moves in the line at Target or something LOL I do walk around and do some of them when walking around the house. The grandchildren kind of giggle.

Suz, nice workout. It sounds like you will be busy with a sports camp and a writing camp. I am sure you will enjoy your extra time off:)

Shana, so far I have been lucky and not hit myself with a kettlebell. I read others posts saying they had bruises but it just made me more cautious.

Sonya, I had my dd remove a cyst off of my temple a while back. She told me not to exercise for a few days because it could increase bleeding and I could have it move to the face and make me look more bruised. Probably a good idea to give it a break for a few days.

Charlotte, I am glad to be getting back into my workouts. Next time when I notice my hr jumping up fast on my hr monitor like it did a couple of days before I went to the doctor to find out I had pneumonia, I will know to pay attention. I thought it was really unusual at the time.

Linda, I always liked the challenge portion of Step Blast:)

LOL Dallys, four beers! if that seems like a lot to you, next time just cut to the chase and go right for a Long Island Iced Tea. Won't need four of those to get the job done.

So...my couch is not in its usual space, but pulled out, courtesy of boyfriend, and he did not push it back before he left, so this cuts down my cardio space. Sigh. Anyway, I did the kickboxing from 4DS, then 80 walking lunges with a three count pulse at the bottom of each, and then the Advanced "Stressed Out" routine from Yoga for Your Moods.

Yay Diane, back to your workouts! Coolness. =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.