Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone,

TGIF..............:p

This morning, for whatever the reasons, I felted like running :eek:

Stats
4:48 miles travelled
469 calories burned
60:00 1 hour

Morning, the problem with the left shoulder and neck are still there but not nearly as painful as when I woke up yesterday. Kids are off from school today so I got to sleep in a bit :D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Superset A
Incline DB Press
6/6/6 - 41's
One Arm Rows
6/6/6 - 52's ***Lowered the weight a bit, because I was worried about my shoulder and neck***

Superset B
Chin ups
8, 8, 5/3 **Up 2 on second set and up one on last set***
DB Chest Press
8/8/8 - 41's **Up 1# each***

Superset C
Close Grip Pushups
25/20/20 ***my upper body is ehausted by this time so these are not going well, arms and chests are shaking trying to get through them:p***
Rear Delt Raise
10/10 - 16's
10 - 15's **felt a little pain in the left shoulder so lowered the weight***

Then interval cardio at a 45/90 ratio for six rounds using Amy's ASC 1 powerups.

Also think I am fighting a bit of a cold, sneezing like 5x a day, nose is always stuffed by morning, and I am just so tired!

Teddy
- great run!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am most definitely gonna ride my bike. It is already warm and the windows are open..gonna be in 70's and the sun is shining! WOO HOO! Then when I get back I will do squats, etc. Need to go work abs before I take off on bike. Already bathed my dogs and got laundry going.

Linda,

Hope that problem goes away very soon for you. Been there and done that. I am still going to chiropractor with mine, but only twice a month now. Been helping alot. BTW, your workouts are so impressive. You work it good!!!

Teddygirl,

Nice job! Alot of calories burned. You should be getting that package anytime now. Let me know.

Oh yeah...forgot to post my workout from yesterday. lol

CHEST:
Skipped the incline bench.

BB Bench:
80# 4/4
60# 15x's
45# 20/20
(finished all the reps this time, but lowered to 60# as compared to 65# from last time so I could finish reps)

Decline DB Press:
30's 4/4
25's 12x's
15's 20/20 (seems too easy, but doing all these reps causes lactic acid build up fast towards the end)

Incline DB Flyes
20's 20/20 (went up from 15's from last week. Happy I could stick with this weight and complete reps..stronger with flyes then with bench, etc)

SHOULDERS

Upright Raises with 20# dbs 3/8
Circle's with 3# db's 15x's
Overhead Presses 30's 4x's then dropped to 25's 6/6/6

Last edited:
Nice workouts so far everyone! Woo hoo!!!!

Had another great cardio workout and I think I finally figured out what is wrong with my HRM. I kept thinking it was the battary in the strap part that was the problem, well, I think it's the battary in the watch that needs to be replaced. Seems the date and time is wrong. It actually did well until the last challenge and then it dropped my HR to around 72 bpm and stayed there for half the last challenge. I was quite mad. But now that I think I know what the problem is, hopefully when I get a new battary it will work fine again.

Chose Cardio Coach Press Play and had an excellent workout. I pushed myself hard because I wanted at least a 400 calorie burn. I had a lot of bad foods last night. My sister-in-law and I went to a Glamorousity Purse party. My cousin had tons of food. I had tons of food. Shame on me!

Cardio stats:1 hr. 6 minutes
52 minutes in zone
422 calories burned!!! TM sadi 450
4 miles travelled

VERY happy with these stats.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Morning Maniacs! Did P90X+ Total body this morning. Holy @#*# I forgot how good that one is. I was a sweatin' by the end! I basically suck at push-ups and pull-ups I'm thinking. :eek: Need to work on both. I used to pump out those pull ups like a mad woman. Hope I don't have to hang off any cliffs any time soon!:eek:

Made a Green P90X Smoothie for breakfast. It was super tasty!

1 scoop P90X recovery
1 handful spinach
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tbs. ground flax seed

250 cals.
43g carbs
4g fat
15g protein
5g fiber
Teddy- Nice job on the run this morning!

Linda- Dang nice poundage there! Hope your shoulder and neck get better soon.

Char- You seem a bundle of energy this morning! Have a fun bike ride. I'm going to go later too if I'm not freezing.

Personals from yesterday

Sonya- I picked the warm blanky and the computer.:D I got in my water yesterday and I'm gonna today too! Do you think tea counts? I had some bedtime tea and counted that.

Hermia- I really want to try one of those rock walls! I'm sure that would help in the pull-up department.

Diane Sue- I'll try and get those shoulder exercises posted today. Seems some of the others might like them too, since shoulders seem to be the injury of choice around here.;)

Shana- Hope your meeting goes well. Nice you have a gym at the Hotel and smart planning on taking some good food while you're there.

Hi Ladies -

I hope everyone has been well. Just checking in, as I need your thoughts on my situation. I just started working at Dillards (not sure for how long with the economy).

My male-friend lost his job last week. He's currently looking for a new job....out of state.....wherever he can find a Sales Manager job. He wants me to move with him when he does.....but I can't really move until my divorce is final anyway. In the meantime, my DH has been begging me back saying he swears he can change and he realizes what a fool he was and that he never treated me like he should have. He says he's had lots of time to think and KNOWS he can change and be a good husband.

So I spent a couple of hours on about 3 occasions with him to see what I thought. While he did not get verbally abusive, or in my face (and we all know he's probably trying VERY hard to be on his best behavior) - he did get sort of angry/emotional/upset/ or whatever you want to call it........but he was basically a bit "upity" with me. This makes me think that he can't change and that 6 months from now....he'd be back to his old ways, but he swears he won't be. He is pressuring me to make a decsion between him or my friend.

My friend wants me to commit to him and move across the country for him when .....and if he does get a job. I don't want to make the worst mistake of my life................what does everyone think here? Also, regarding my DH, he also not only had anger/verbal abuse/mental abuse/controlling issues....but a lot of stuff that shouldn't have bothered him, like eating in front of him, etc.....also bothered him and made him irritated.

Thanks for listening everyone. I'm hanging in there despite everything and trying to concentrate on learning my new job.......but moreso....trying to get my plantar fasciitis and feet to stop hurting so bad since I'm back in retail and on my feet 8 hours a day now.

Diane Sue - what are the good athletic shoes for PF?

Good morning peeps!

Lora - First of all I just want to say that I am not usually one to give out relationship advice because there are always 2 sides and I just don't like to get involved. BUT...in this case I've gotta say, I wouldn't recommend a reconciliation unless you two went to lots and lots of marriage counseling. Lora, he treated you with absolutely no respect and you were so miserable when you were with him. You need to decide if you want to go back to that kind of a life. You could certainly go back to all of the daily posts you had on here the past few years and read through them to remind you of the relationship the two of you had. It wasn't pretty. That might be a place to start. Don't let him pressure you. For once, you're in control of your own life. YOU get to make the decisions. Take your time. Do what's right for Lora for a change.

Last night I tried that elliptical wave machine at work. Didn't like it at all so I hopped on a regular elliptical and did CC#6 with Candace. Much better! The wave was too hard to push to get moving enough for good cardio I thought.

Today's workout was legs. Since it was my second day of legs this week, I decided to do everything with 3 sets of 15 reps instead of the 10,8,6,4 rep increase that I'm doing the rest of the week. Here's how it went:

Smith Squats:
105# 15r x 3 sets

Bulgarian Split Squats
50# 15r x 3 sets

Leg Extensions on Bowflex Revolution
80# 15r x 3 sets

Deadlifts
70# 15r x 3 sets

Tonight I will do cardio. Probably PlyometricsX.

Great workouts everyone. Linda and Char, I can't believe the weights you two are hoisting!!!

Dallys - Is that a good smoothie? It sounds kinda gross, but kind of healthy.

Char - Thanks! Glad to hear your shoulder is still doing okay. I have been lucky so far and every injury I've had has managed to resolve itself.

Dallys & Suz
- Thanks also! I continue to wait for the day that I can catch up with Debbie!

Okay this was a little mean on my part, but also funny. This weekend I was at party with friends from church and there was a this young girl about 17 or 18. She started bragging about working out and how strong she was and proceeded to flex her bicep for me. Well, while she was not flabby, there was really no "bulge" there either. So of course, I just had to pull up my sleeve.....anyway once I flexed there were some other ladies standing around and they were like "that's just freakish, but that away".

Lora
- I agree with everything Suz said. But wanted to add about moving with the other friend. Of course I don't know what your relationship is like, but it seems like a big step, so just think it out before you decide.

Workout is done:D I enjoyed it!
I started with a treadmill run for 3 miles and burned 361 calories in 36 minutes, then I did Tony's One on One Road Warrior ( I really liked this), then I did Butts and Guts bonus lower repeating the glute squeeze segment, firewalkers segment,added barbell deadlifts 3 sets, 4Day Split Calves, 10 minute solution tone trouble zones butt and thigh segment with my heaviest band and 15# unintelligent bells on the glute lifts, 10 minutes solution stretch, Keli Roberts foam roller.
Workout was like this:
One on one each muscle group is done then repeated the whole thing 4 times in a different way.
chest Push ups
1st set regular push ups 1x35;2nd set push up to side plank 1x12; 3rd set 2 hand position switch push ups
back
1 arm row 1x15 each arm;2ns set" heavy pants"both arms row 1x20;3rd set lawn mower 30 each side
shoulders
1st set overhead press 1x22; 2nd set deep swimmer press;3rd set shoulderfly/front raise
biceps
1st set biceps curl 1x20;2nd set open arm bicep curl; 21's 1x21
icon_smile.gif

triceps
1st set overhead press 1x16 each arm;2nd set overhead press with both arms 1x20;3rd set side tri rise 1x18 each arm
llower
1st set squats 1x30;low lunge slow1x16 each leg;2nd set run stance squat,1x40,alternating side lunge no Wonder Twin with calf raise or jump in the middle 1x34; 3rd set plie squat hands touch floor and overhead 1x 30 no weight, squat feet together fists touch ground 1x12, switch foot lunge(sort of a jump switch) 30 reps

4th set of all bodyparts is the basic moves from first set done at a fast pace of 20 reps each finishing with a stretch and 100 bicycles done fast.
After those low lunges I had a charly horse in my hamstring. Definitely needed the foam roller:)

Butts and Guts work was:
sit and stand 65# 1x10
leg press 50# 2x16
glute squeeze on ball(I added 1.5# ankle weights) 2sets
firewalkers purple dynaband
deadlifts 3x8reps 85# barbell
4Day Split calves 2sets 35# db, 3rd set 35# db's
I think that covers it:)
TOTAL Calories burned was 1167 I did shorten my cardio session today because I knew I wanted to spend more time on strength and flexibility.

Good morning (afternoon for some of you all!)

Nice workouts everyone!

Dally's...I have P90X+ but have never done the Total Body. I needed a break from Tony after doing 2 rounds of P90X. I will try it out this weekend. Yes, tea counts! Any liquid counts (including broth soup) for hydration, however, I drink 1 diet pepsi at lunch but don't count it cuz it's not the best choice. I always drink 64 onces of water a day but also drink green tea and coffee.... anything beyond that is a bonus! The first thing I do upon waking every morning is drink a bottle of water. Think of how long your body has gone without hydration over night. Your body is about 70% water!!!!!!

Diane Sue...I can get my hands on a copy of Tony One-on-One....let me know if you like it!

Linda...HA! Loved the story..."freakish"...LOL! The amount you are lifting is awesome!

Char... you seem full of energy today!

Debbie....got my BCAA's, can't wait to start taking them. Thanks for the tips and advice!

TGIF...I get a four day weekend!!!!!!!

Linda - Freakish! Too funny!!!

Diane Sue - MY OH MY what a workout! Don't you just love that One on One? I thought it was GREAT! I love Tony. :eek:

Sonya - I try to think of how much more of a glow I would have to my skin if I would drink more water. I think that's one thing that would get me to drink more. Just downed a bunch after that sentence. :D I think it might help with headaches too. I've had one since I had that migraine the other day. I think getting dehydrated contributes. Lucky you...4 days off! We traded that holiday for something else. I never know what days we trade for what. We do get the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Friday after, so I'm happy for whatever we traded for that! :)

Diane Sue...I think we were posting about the same time.....Just saw your workout....HOLY CRAP! You are a true hardcore maniac!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!

Suz....Yes, clearer skin is only one of the many benefits of good hydration:) Most definetly it would help with headaches. Drink up girl!

Hey Maniacs!!!

I just finished my 12 mile bike ride. Seems like I got lots of energy, but when I got started was not feeling it. I really wanted to do 18. Body is tired today??? lol. Anyhow, towards the end, was like someone lit a match under my butt and I was going pretty good. Now time to work the legs.

Lora,

I don't think I would go back if I were you, but only you can really decide for yourself, but feelings tell me that you would probably just relive everything over again with your DH. I do believe people can change, but I also believe everything happens for a reason too. Why are you where you are now? For a reason. I would just move right along with where you are now and go for it...either with the boyfriend or leave yourself available still for YOURSELF. This is all about healing yourself from the inside and going back to your DH is gonna open up old wounds and you may never be able to truly heal.

Bionics,

You doing P90X full time now? Well as for myself, I haven't been doing as good with the pushups, but we can always improve by being more consistent, if we choose. Nice job! I wonder where all the weirdo's went today? I didn't see many on my ride. :D

Diane Sue,

Your workouts are killer!!! You know how to burn it and it sure enough shows!!!!

Debbie,

Great workout! I think my scale is broken and needs new batteries. Says I was 103 and 8%body fat. LMAO! Then I get on it and says 122...cry!:( I have no idea what I weigh. All I know is that my jeans still fit me and only a teeny bit jiggly. hehe

Hope I didn't miss anyone else. Gotta get my groove on and work the legs

Good morning peeps!

Lora - First of all I just want to say that I am not usually one to give out relationship advice because there are always 2 sides and I just don't like to get involved. BUT...in this case I've gotta say, I wouldn't recommend a reconciliation unless you two went to lots and lots of marriage counseling. Lora, he treated you with absolutely no respect and you were so miserable when you were with him. You need to decide if you want to go back to that kind of a life. You could certainly go back to all of the daily posts you had on here the past few years and read through them to remind you of the relationship the two of you had. It wasn't pretty. That might be a place to start. Don't let him pressure you. For once, you're in control of your own life. YOU get to make the decisions. Take your time. Do what's right for Lora for a change.

Last night I tried that elliptical wave machine at work. Didn't like it at all so I hopped on a regular elliptical and did CC#6 with Candace. Much better! The wave was too hard to push to get moving enough for good cardio I thought.

Today's workout was legs. Since it was my second day of legs this week, I decided to do everything with 3 sets of 15 reps instead of the 10,8,6,4 rep increase that I'm doing the rest of the week. Here's how it went:

Smith Squats:
105# 15r x 3 sets

Bulgarian Split Squats
50# 15r x 3 sets

Leg Extensions on Bowflex Revolution
80# 15r x 3 sets

Deadlifts
70# 15r x 3 sets

Tonight I will do cardio. Probably PlyometricsX.

Great workouts everyone. Linda and Char, I can't believe the weights you two are hoisting!!!

Dallys - Is that a good smoothie? It sounds kinda gross, but kind of healthy.

Suz,

Great job with the workout! Your really working it good and hard! I agree with you completely with what you told Lora and posted my own thoughts on the subject.

Yes, tea counts! Any liquid counts (including broth soup) for hydration, however, I drink 1 diet pepsi at lunch but don't count it cuz it's not the best choice. I always drink 64 onces of water a day but also drink green tea and coffee.... anything beyond that is a bonus! The first thing I do upon waking every morning is drink a bottle of water. Think of how long your body has gone without hydration over night. Your body is about 70% water!!!!!!

I am with Sonya on this one. I consume about 20 oz of water first thing in the morning, before I do anything else. I can't function without my morning water.:p

I have drank half my days water so far.:p

Sonya- You need to try P90x+ total body. It's kind of core synergistic style but with pull-ups and stuff. Fun!

Suz-Diane Sue- Are you guys getting the monthly (or whaterver) Tony One on One workouts or just getting what you want. Are they worth it? Oh and yes! The smoothie is good!

Lora- My first thoughts when you posted were for you to take off with your male-friend and get as far away from your crappy mean controlling ignorant husband as possible!! Seriously, you sounded so happy when you posted last about your new friend and life. But, Suz said it best, so listen to her. Go back and read how your D(damn)H really treated you. It was bad and no one deserves to live like that. I mean you can't even eat in front of him. WTF! Char is right too, You need to do what's right for Lora and not your D(damn)H or your male-friend. It's your life, take care of you first. Don't make any rash decisions.

Last edited:
Diane Sue- Here is the TBS shoulder exercises. They are super hard to describe so ask questions if it's confusing. I'm not sure if I'm very good at descriptions.:D

Total Body Solution Shoulder exercises. Each done 15 reps (both sides equal one rep)

Egyptian
Arms out to sides in a 90 degree (bent arm) angle, one towards sky one towards ground
rotate arms in opposite positions as you look over the shoulder of the arm that's down. Repeat

Chest lift
Arms across chest, breathe in deep as you raise chest upwards. Keep head in neutral position. You should feel it across your shoulder blades. Repeat

Floor push
Push up position on knees. Keep arms straight. Pull shoulder blades together as close as you can and then pull shoulder blades apart as far as you can. Looks like a push up without bending arms. Repeat

Y raise
Lay across stability ball and do the Fonz like Cathe:D Thumbs up as you raise arms in a Y shape. Repeat

External Rotation
Arms out to sides both in 90 degree (bent arm) position. Rotate arms to floor (fingers pointing to floor) then rotate back to sky (fingers pointing to sky). This is the same movement as Egyptian, but arms are same, both either towards floor or sky.

T-Rotation
Push up position on knees. Raise one arm while twisting torso towards the sky, return and repeat other side. Repeat

Floor slide
Lay on back with arms flat on ground in a W shape above head. Slide them along ground til elbows reach sides of waist, then slide back along ground into the W position. You can do this on the wall also. Repeat

Band Pull
Stand and hold a band in both hands in W position above head. Arms straight, tension on band. Pull straight arms down (side ways not in front or back) to hips with band tight, band should touch your lower back. Return to position with same straight arms and taut band. Repeat

I ended up staying at work longer than planned today so I just got home and it's 5:10. Since I work through all but one lunch a week I get to leave early on Fridays. Not today! Oh well. So I still need to do my cardio. But I have a headache so PlyometricsX doesn't sound like that much fun. Not sure what to do.

Sonya - I was blessed with really clear skin thank goodness. I can probably count how many times I've broken out! But I think that drinking more water just gives you a certain "glow" on your skin, you know? I did drink a little more today. :)

Dallys - I just bought one of those One on One workouts. I knew I wouldn't want them all so I didn't sign up for the whole deal.

Char - Thanks. My butt's still flat as a pancake though. :mad:

It is still SO FRIGGIN' WINDY HERE! I went to return something after work and I totally got pushed into this island with trees in it in the parking lot!!! Have I mentioned yet this year how much I hate the wind? If not, let this be the first of many times. :p

Dallys, thanks for posting the shoulder exercises:D I printed them off so I can try them out. I really liked Tony's One on One Road Warrior. The moves are all ones that he pretty much uses in P90X but you use tubing. I think with the non weighted lowerbody stuff you really get pretty low with some of the moves. I am looking forward to doing it again. It will move smoother next time since I have tubing strengths and the exercises all down. My only complaint is the price (it is really just Tony working out by himself with the camera man) Then I realized I can't chapter back to something I wanted to start over because I wasn't right on my tubing strength. I do enjoy Tony's wit and that makes it fun. He makes all of these funny faces at the camera LOL I bet that smoothie is good. My family always gives me a hard time about some of the things I eat and i just tell them not to knock it until they try it LOL

Lora, it is good to hear from you. It sounds like you have gotten some good advice. I just bought my second pair of Brooks shoes. The last ones I had were the Brooks Glycerin I liked the fit but had some problems with the tongue sliding sideways. They are for overpronators. They were comfortable otherwise. The ones I got are the Brooks Adreneline which have been comfortable from the first time I put them on. They are for modrate over pronators. My feet have been pain free for awhile now. I am changing my shoes more, using a mat when doing high impact work to help give more cushioning. I even put it under my bench. I wish you all the best in whatever decision that you make. You seemed so much happier being on your own.

Linda, glad to hear that your shoulder and neck is not as bad.

Suz, yes I just love Tony. He makes me laugh:D You are getting in some really good workouts. I agree, Plyo X and a headache don't go well together.

Sonya, I posted to Dallys above about my thoughts on Tonys One on One.

Charlotte, I have said it before, I hate those scales. I had a digital one before and it changed like that from day one. It went back to the store.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.