Hardcore Fitness Maniacs January 11, 2008

Where is everyone????

I am gonna do PS Legs and double ab work today. I don't have the PS series so I will do Debbie's breakdown of it and substitute different lunges then the one she has as they bother my knees so either walking lunges or reverse lunges...will decide once I get going.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Bobby slept alittle better last night, but still sleeping sitting up on couch. Coughing more AGAIN and I noticed some blood in the mucous so he may need to go to the hospital, but the blood is off and on and very light pink, but other then that at times he seems to actually being doing better and really does look better. Any advice?

Morning Maniacs! Hi Char :). Yeah, where is everyone?

Anywhos, today is a rest day, so of course I did CC#2 original and CLX Recharge again. :p Made the HUGE mistake of getting on the scale this morning (I told myself I was only going to weigh once a month). I've been eating SO good and working out so consistent and nothing, nada, silch! It's only been 6 days, but come on! Throw me a bone, something, a-n-y-thing! I'll keep at it though, not going to give up my soul to the scale, not this time. I'm at 122 and Can not stand to be in the 120's. :eek: The minute I hit 120, I'm fat as H*LL. I need to get to 115 for sanity, then work from there.

ETA: Oh, and my son started eating good (according to him) 6 days ago and has already lost 7 lbs! I give.

Char-
I think I'd take him back to the docs. I don't like the blood thing.:eek:

Last edited:
Charlotte: Yep, I agree with Dallys. With the blood, I would get it checked out. But I'm glad he seems to be feeling a bit better.

Dallys: Oh, I KNOW about the scale! I haven't been a scale watcher for the past month and that is what I should stick to for the most part. I got on today and was 140. I hate that! I can't stand to be in the 140's- makes me feel large and in charge. Ugh! But I look OK and feel great, plus I've been working out hard. So it's either water or muscle. I know it isn't from too much food- I added up my calories on average and my requirements and I think I AM under eating. So I have to work on that. If it's junk, it's easy to eat a lot, but if it is whole foods, it's a lot of work to get the calories in.

Rest day here, but it makes me antsy. Maybe I'll do a Stretch Max segment or something later.

Charlotte:

Dallys: Oh, I KNOW about the scale! I haven't been a scale watcher for the past month and that is what I should stick to for the most part. I got on today and was 140. I hate that! I can't stand to be in the 140's- makes me feel large and in charge. Ugh! But I look OK and feel great, plus I've been working out hard. So it's either water or muscle. I know it isn't from too much food- I added up my calories on average and my requirements and I think I AM under eating. So I have to work on that. If it's junk, it's easy to eat a lot, but if it is whole foods, it's a lot of work to get the calories in.

Rest day here, but it makes me antsy. Maybe I'll do a Stretch Max segment or something later.

Ok. So, no scale for us mental cases;). We will keep at it and weigh at the end of the month. That's my story anyways.

Here is my workout from yesterday. Going to do cardio today and then I will be caught up with this week on Debbie's rotation. I am going to do Step Blast again so I can work on mastering the steps.

LEGS
Front/Back Lunges w/u: 15's – 8 reps each leg front & back
Front Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 65# – 2 sets/16 reps
Plie Squats : 25# DB – 20 reps, 30# DB - 16 reps
Cathe does them side to side. I used one DB and just did them stationary.
Plie Squats: 65# BB - 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups w/ 6 Risers: 15's – 1 set/12 reps, 20# - 1 set /12 reps
Squats: 75# - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers: – 70# - 10 reps
***Did an extra set of SQUATS: 70# - 12/10
Qtr. Deadlifts: 65# - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: – 3 sets/32 reps each set.
Inner Thigh Raises
**5 lb AW
Outer Thigh Raises
**5 lb AW
Hamstring Presses w/2 risers: 10# plate in lap/54 reps
One Leg Press w/2 risers
***Skipped these, and did glute squeezes on stability ball

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout

Char...you need to take Bobby to doctor. That blood doesn't sound good. Like I said bronchitis can turn to pneumonia. Don't take any chances!

Dally's...thanks for the sympathy with the Sooners defeat. I was so bummed:(

Gonna go get my workout done so I can watch the Chargers beat the Steelers! :D

Toasty - don't know about the blood. At least it is pink and not brown - that is when they say to really worry. If you do go back, but sure to avoid the stupid nurse:mad: Some people have no sense - maybe she lives with an old man who can't hear so she just talks to all men that way :confused:

Suz and Diane Sue - thanks for the encouragement but it just is not feasible. I am basically a single mom Mon-Thurs. If I were to completely follow my dreams, I would adopt a child but DH won't even consider it so we are dealing with that right now. If I do any sort of back to school, it would have to be completely online. I even considered going back to learn to be a vet tech/asst but there just is no time. Now, if I didn't have Halle, I would most likely be out there though :) That said, no way would I trade her in - she is worth giving up those dreams...;) I have my PhD - I'll stop there, I suppose. Diane Sue - it is great that your daughter was able to follow her dreams. I wish we got to live about 10 lifetimes all at once.

Linda - glad you are in a better place. Keep looking up :)

Dallys - crap, woman - how tall are you? The smallest I've been in my adult life was either 115 or 118 and I looked half dead. I hope you are a bit shorter than me! My weight that I hate to cross is 130 but I am really, really trying to gauge my outlook on my weight by how I feel, look, and how my clothes fit rather than the scale. I only like the scale when it tells me what I want to know.

So, I am taking two rest days now. I did something horrible to my lower back - I think the sciatic nerve. I was cleaning (go figure) and lifted a piece of glass that is not heavy but must have turned and I sort of froze. I can hardly move unless I am just walking. Getting up, down, twisting...no way. Sure hope it will be ok tomorrow - I'm just really, really taking it easy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Oh - I never found Debbie's article link in Oxygen - if anybody has that handy (or Debbie - if you read this), would you mind reposting? Thanks.

Hey Maniacs!!!

As Sonya, I am also trying to get caught up on Deb's rotation and did PS Legs as well, like I said earlier, but first I did:

C&W ab work and SJP ab work

I didn't follow the PS entirely and switched up on some things, but this workout seems to be the 110# workout cuz I stuck with 110# on mostly all things....

I didn't do all the front and back lunges, etc. They really bother my knees and since I haven't been doing them my knees are much better off. I did:

Reverse Lunges w/110# 3/8 (off smith machine and the way my knees are angled here is much better even with heavier weight)

Walking Lunges w/30's and 3 sets/50

Plie Squats 110# and 30x's

Step Up w/4 Risers 2/12 (did not use weights)

Squats 110# and 16x's

Straight Leg Deadlifts cuz I hate the other kind 110# 2/12

Calf Raises with 110# and 3/32 fast ones

FLOOR WORK:

Inner Thigh Raises
Outer Thigh Raises
Hamstring Raises
One Leg Hamstring Press

(Did all the above exactly the way Deb said to do and the right reps, etc.)

Thanks for everyones concern about Bobby. I think he is doing better now.

Shana,

Hope you will be feeling better tomorrow. Didn't know you had that problem. Bobby seems to be doing better. Think it is worse at night. Doesn't seem to be coughing up blood right now. This is very confusing because he looks very good right now and says he feels good so I hope tonight he will be able to sleep in the bed and the stronger antibiotics will kick in more too.

Ally,

Your workouts sound very good. I need to get in some yoga. I really do. Great job though!

Sonya,

Great job using the ankle weights for that workout. I didn't though. I do remember having a 8# db in my lap for the hamstring raises...felt too light..should have had something heavier.

We are really hoping the Steelers win tonight though.;):D:p

Today was a rest day for me. DH and I went to get something after church to eat:D

Charlotte, Bobby should get that checked out. I had bleeding after coughing before and I guess it came out that I was coughing so hard I popped something. It took care of itself. So it may not be serious but it is best to check it out.

Shana, maybe sometime a little later you will be able to still go after your dream. Children get older and things become somewhat easier. It was because of children that my dd didn't go for the full doctor degree. The field she is in leaves her with time for her family. Not so many emergencies in dermatology:) Someday I look for her to go on from here though. I am run around 113-115 most of the time. If I get much below that I look awful. I have a no lower than 110 rule. All I have to do is go back and look at family videos when I was around 101 and I feel like I looked like a skeletin walking around. I am 5'4" . Of course I wasn't weight training back then. I did do some basic calisthenics though. Sorry about your back. Funny because I hurt my knee while getting down on the floor to do something with my grandbaby. It felt like I twisted something wrong. it is much better but is taking awhile to get past it.

Ally, you are doing good keeping with those workouts:D

Sonya, nice workout:D I usually use 5 risers. Funny I used to think I was average height but after being on the boards or awhile I think I am on the short end LOL Glad you were able to get caught up. We have the Football game on right now. Too bad about OU:(

Dallys, I am sure you all remember I don't use my scale too much. I go by the mirror and clothes fit. I did weigh in once since the holidays and was 113 so didn't worry about it anymore:) I usually know what I have eaten and if the softer look I have came from eating too many starches or high sodium foods. Change up the diet a couple of days and I am back to normal:) Go by the mirror. You are doing a different workout rotation too. This will probably all settle down soon. As far as your son is concerned, did he have more weight to lose?? The heavier that you are the more calories you will burn. Is he eating the same as you?? I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. Give it a bit and keep at the diet. If that doesn't work change it up a bit on the rotation.

Patti, I am sure you are doing OK. Your picture looks great. If you are eating well I do not think you have anything to worry about. If I clean up my diet really well I tend to lose weight. I have to add in more things like sweet potatoes or oatmeal to give me some calorie dense healthy foods. Or add more protein shakes to the mix.

Dallys - crap, woman - how tall are you? The smallest I've been in my adult life was either 115 or 118 and I looked half dead. I hope you are a bit shorter than me! My weight that I hate to cross is 130 but I am really, really trying to gauge my outlook on my weight by how I feel, look, and how my clothes fit rather than the scale. I only like the scale when it tells me what I want to know.

I'm 5'5" How tall are you? I really don't like how I look when I'm this high. I look best at about 112-115.

Dallys, I am sure you all remember I don't use my scale too much. I go by the mirror and clothes fit. I did weigh in once since the holidays and was 113 so didn't worry about it anymore:) I usually know what I have eaten and if the softer look I have came from eating too many starches or high sodium foods. Change up the diet a couple of days and I am back to normal:) Go by the mirror. You are doing a different workout rotation too. This will probably all settle down soon. As far as your son is concerned, did he have more weight to lose?? The heavier that you are the more calories you will burn. Is he eating the same as you?? I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. Give it a bit and keep at the diet. If that doesn't work change it up a bit on the rotation.

I didn't gain over the holidays, I've been this weight for a few months now. I was just hoping for the slightest drop, you know, since I've really been good with the eating this week. Anyways, my son has not been eating like me. He eats out most of the time. He eats horrible, but has cut back and is trying to eat healthier. I would say he needs to lose about 15 lbs. He's not even exercising. He just cut back and lost weight. Can you believe it? Not fair.:rolleyes: I'm just not giving it enough time, I know.

Diane Sue - you are right - later, who knows. Right now, I don't want to overextend myself - time goes by too quickly anyway! Halle will be 9 next month and it does not seem possible! I did not realize you had hurt your knee - glad you are getting past that. It is so frustrating to hurt yourself when you aren't even doing anything that should cause it! Of course, frustrating at any time, but when doing something so innocent, you wonder how bad it could be with a weighted barbell on your back or something like that! Actually, I guess we are much more careful when lifting. And you look great at your weight. Good to have that rule to not fall below. My mom is 5'7" and won't go OVER 100. She has fought her eating disorder since I was tiny. Talk about skeleton. At least she strives to keep it at about 100.

Charlotte - this is the first time I have had this problem on the left side. A few years ago, the right side made me miserable for several months. This just happened yesterday. I felt it earlier in the week but it was very mild and went away. Yesterday, I literally froze from the pain when it happened. It is getting a little better. I may be laying off the workouts for another couple of days :(

Dallys - whew - I am 5'9". I like to hover b/w 125 and 130. It fluctuates so much. I can tell, though, when I really hit it and work out hard, I stay starving all the time and lose fast...at first, I get excited, then I get frustrated b/c my clothes are baggy. I am sure that you look great - we all have our demons in the mirror though! Those few pounds sure can ruin our days!!! Of course, we are the only ones to ever notice it seems - DH thinks I am nutz. I see it sure as if there were an elephant standing in the room :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.