Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed 3-3

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Jackie Warner's new one Power Circuit (i think that's the name). I added on some pushups and an extra set of arms. Workout was 60 min and I burned 347 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Oh and re: doing my Mom's facial and makeup yesterday. I actually got physically sick I was so nervous. It is VERY different putting makeup on someone else....especially when they are 81 and their skin is crepe. Not to diss my Mom....but I freaked out. I don't know if I can do this! Yikes...what have I gotten myself into? I feel sick.

Lora-I think you are putting far too much pressure on yourself to be perfect. Have you done a lot of makeup application and facials, if not then settle down and accept the learning curve. People, in general, are usually very understanding when you tell them you are new or try the age old "fake it til you make it" YOU WILL BE FINE :p

Yesterday I did Empire State (kettlebell). My workout was 36 min and I burned 514 calories. I did have some periods of nausea, but I did the best I could and took breaks when I needed them. I may need to go to the doctor b/c this nausea is bad in the a.m. (and no I don't think I am pregnant). I don't think GI bugs go on this long, do they?

theresa

Lora - I agree with Theresa. You put way too much unnecessary stress on yourself. You need to just sit back and relax. You'll get it. It's not hard to apply makeup on people. I use to do it all the time when I sold Avon and I never took any classes on it.

Theresa - Hope you feel better. Nice job getting your workout in!

Thanks Debbie-How is your rest going? Settle on a rotation yet? Said a little prayer for you this a.m. re the job-I hope you hear something soon :)
I think I have come up w/ one that will fill my need for variety-I am going to try to following

wk1-3 total body workouts per week/3 cardio
wk2-sts (meso 1, 2 or 3 depending on the month)/3 cardio workouts per week
wk3-sts as one body part per day (doing bi and tri together)/30 min cardio post weights
wk4-4 circuits (kettlebell, TRX, or regular), 1 cardio (to correlate w/ ttotm)

I want to do STS but I don't think I have the drive to do all three months in a row.

theresa

Thanks Debbie-How is your rest going? Settle on a rotation yet? Said a little prayer for you this a.m. re the job-I hope you hear something soon :)
I think I have come up w/ one that will fill my need for variety-I am going to try to following

wk1-3 total body workouts per week/3 cardio
wk2-sts (meso 1, 2 or 3 depending on the month)/3 cardio workouts per week
wk3-sts as one body part per day (doing bi and tri together)/30 min cardio post weights
wk4-4 circuits (kettlebell, TRX, or regular), 1 cardio (to correlate w/ ttotm)

I want to do STS but I don't think I have the drive to do all three months in a row.

theresa

I thought you were doing the KISS rotation? Are you not liking it much?

I think I'm going to do Cathe's October rotation. It incorporates STS and it looks like fun.

Debbie-Eh.....it's ok, but I want a bit more variety. I may use it on the Total body weeks. I just have sooooo much stuff I want to use/try that I don't want to get tied down to one thing, ya know?

t

Theresa - How long have you been sick now? Hope it's over soon!

Lora
- ITA, you must stop stressing! Stress is no good for you!

Debbie
- Keeping you in my prayers! Hope you here something soon!

This morning was Insanity Pure Cardio plus Cardio Abs. Even though Pure Cardio is probably the hardest workout so far, it is also kinda my favorite as it is the only one where you don't keep doing rounds of the same exercise. Cardio Abs is good to, the last move has you in alternating elbow/hand plank position and tucking your hips in for 8 reps for switching. Man, does it make my core burn!

Working on painting DD's room now.

Linda-I previewed Cardio Abs and Pure Cardio, they both look killer. I especially love all the sneers of the fellow exercisers :eek: My stomach has been upset since Saturday, but I think it's on the mend. My breakfast (protein pancakes) is giving me indigestion and some dicscomfort, but it went away. I just had a smoothie and no pain (knock on wood).

Hey Maniacs!!!

Today doing my own thing and working arms. I am gonna add in another weight lifting day tomorrow and do the Upperbody Insanity workout, but eliminating the bicep/tricep work..doing some of the tricep moves in there today with what I am doing. Then tomorrow work the shoulders, chest and add in some back moves. Gonna work abs every other day regardless of what I am doing because I just feel a need to...guess it is more out of habit. I like the Insanity the way it works the lower body and I just don't feel like my abs get worked as much though, but just my opinion. I like more DIRECT and CONTROLLED moves and not so fast with abs. That is my take on it.

Linda, Thanks for your thoughts on Insanity.

Linda-I previewed Cardio Abs and Pure Cardio, they both look killer. I especially love all the sneers of the fellow exercisers :eek: My stomach has been upset since Saturday, but I think it's on the mend. My breakfast (protein pancakes) is giving me indigestion and some dicscomfort, but it went away. I just had a smoothie and no pain (knock on wood).

I really hate the Pure Cardio. I think it is brutalicious now, but could prove to be "bootalicious", but my endurance is not there yet. lol. Pancakes always seem to bother my stomach just a bit for some reason. Smoothie is ideal for you right now.

Today was STS disc 17 legs 47 minutes and I burned 347 calories then I did Walking Stronger 30 minutes premix(this was walking, hills, and lower body stuff(lunges, walking forward and backward) she does the w/up but there is no cooldown so I did the floorwork8 minutes(hydrants, leg raises etc) abs 4 minutes and stretch 4 minutes. I added 5 minutes to the walking part which does go up to over 5 mph to get to 2 miles. Calories burned was 312 and max hr was 155. I finished off with Extended stretch from STS Legs. Total calories today was 685 workout time was 1 hr 52 minutes..

Lora, don't stress over applying makeup. I am sure you will do really well. Look for some special nice feature the clients have and give them a compliment. They won't even notice if you are nervous;)

Theresa, glad you are starting to feel better.

Linda, I hated Pure Cardio I thought it was one miserable workout. I wanted breaks LOL I like Max Interval Sports because it switches workout types throughout. I prefer Insane abs to Cardio abs. I just think cardio abs are much easier and end up feeling like I need to do something else along with it.

Charlotte, I started noticing results when I first started out with Insane abs. I like to do a variety of ab work though. I wouldn't rely on just Insanity for my abs because I like to get some weighted work in there and like you said, some slow controled stuff. I think afterwhile the body would just adjust to Insanity as as far as abs. Pretty much like anything else.

Toasty - my DH loves Pure Cardio. It is his fave Insanity. He must be Insane! He keeps up pretty well too!!

Thanks for the support. Today was HE*@. I had run-in's with some girls in the department over me taking over Clarins. Said it was cutting into their sales, etc and much drama. I had to have a talk with my boss and basically told her to give the Counter to someone else, but she told me to settle down. None of my coworkers are supporting me. They are all cut throat and telling me they are gonna take my sales....more drama...won't go into detail. Even got snide remarks like...I hope you can balance both fragrance and Clarins.

Then, later in the day, my manager had me remove her makeup and redo it...and she wears TONS of makeup and wanted a dramatic look. It wouldn't have been so bad except I had 4-5 coworkers from various counters standing behind me watching and telling me what to do! YIKES.

I know in my heart....this is what I've wanted to do my entire life and those girls at work pissed me off today. I WILL show them I can do this. I am determined.......they are bringing out the Hardcore Maniac in me!! Lastly, makeup and skincare has been a hobby of mine since I was 18 ....so I probably know as much (if not more than most of them!!).

thanks again............I know I can be hard on myself.

Off to pick out my workout for tomorrow. I was going to take a rest day and do yoga, but I need to release some frustration.

Thanks for letting me vent here.

DianeSue - Believe me I want breaks too during Pure Cardio, I just liek the fact that it's not repetitive. When I finished an exercise I like not having to do it again and again!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.