Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Oct 7

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

It's my birthday today ....49 (yikes).....and I had an excellent workout. I've been addicted to Amy Bento's Rumble since it came out. It's perfect to jam my rock music and I've gotten my HR up to 172 before. Today, the highest was 162....but it remained in the high 150's to 160.. entire workout. I really kick some major ass. Workout was 60" and I burned 602 calories.

Something about this divorce stuff makes me want to beat the crap out of stuff!! I wonder if I'll ever be able to concentrate on step again! I've been basically doing the same workouts over and over. I'm sort of stuck doing things I enjoy....plus ...since my DH moved out, I have 3 alarm clocks and hardly ever hear them and end up getting up way to late and having to cut my workouts short. It sucks.....but I can't hear an alarm clock. Must have something to do with all of the time I had to tune out the DH!! I tune out alarm clocks too!! LOL

My DH & I are trying to come to an agreement for our divorce. We are losing money like crazy with our retirement funds and the market diving and he wants to finalize it soon before we have nothing left to split! We'll see what happens. He has not been very nice to me......of course.

I was touched to see everyone asking about me yesterday. I haven't checked this thread for a while, as my life is SUPER DUPER busy. I've been seeing that guy from work (guess I'll fess up here....but it's not really public knowledge). He treats me like Gold. He bought me a dozen roses on Oct 1st to celebrate my "birth month". His nickname for me is Angel....cuz he says I'm his Angel sent down from above for him. He is also going thru a divorce that really hurt him ....as she is the one who wanted it.......but he says we were "meant to be".

I will try to check in more often....but I'm often running late in the morning cuz I oversleep since I can't hear anything and I've been up later than usual...as my life has changed dramatically.

Had a great cardio workout this morning. I did Cardio Coach #8 and although I'm still not suppose to give these workouts my all until the next four weeks, I did a bit more then I should have. It felt great!

I also did the Ab work from Step, Jump & Pump. Gotta love those planks.

Cardio only stats:
1 hour
49 minutes in zone
369 calories burned
3.5 miles travelled

Lora - It sure is good to hear from you! You sound really good considering all you are going through. I am glad you found someone to make you feel special. I always knew your dumb-ass ex-husband brought you down and that just wasn't right. I'm glad you are away from him.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Going hiking today and biking. My mood is off..different little things sets me off, I guess. lol.

Debbie,

Very good workout!

Lora,

So very good to hear from you!! It is good that you have someone who thinks your special and treats you that way while you are going thru this.

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did 30 min. of intervals on the treadmill, followed by Slim Series Slim and Limber stretch. Felt good!

Lora- Nice to hear from you. You sound happy despite all that's going on.:) I'm happy you found someone who treats you well.

Toast- Sorry you are feeling off today. Hiking will help!

Debbie- Great job on CC #81

Later...need breakfast...

Did not want to get out of bed this morning, just too exhausted! I did anyway and did Amy's ASC 3 through to the combined 3 & 4, which takes about an hour. Not sure if I am getting sick or just allergies (which I normally don't get), nose is running a little and head is a little stuffy, and just feel off.

Lora - Great to hear from you! You sound happy despite what is going on. What a great thing!

Debbie
- I don't know how you have managed to hold back on the cardio for this long!

Dommmms doms doms doms..

Feelin' it today fo' sho'!

::::yeahhhh:::: (say in freaky masochist voice haha)

I actually got everything in btw yesterday and sunday so.. nuthin' left for today :(
I guess Ill clean the house as Im taking the day of work.. maybe do some cardio and abls later? Hmm..

Welcome back Lora! Noice to see you on here again.. hope things are over soon with the divorce so you can move on and join us back here and in the gym!

Can anyone tell me why when you do a workout for the first time you get major DOMS, then the next time you do the same workout with HEAVIER weights and nothing? It's so frustrating!:mad:

I started my workout today with BodyMax2 scrambled eggs premix(using a 45# barbell and 15# dumbbells) to get extra lower body in then I did I did 4Day Split lower body premix, 10 minute solution Sculpt Tone and Reshape with my heavy 8 band, and for flexibility I did Amy Bentos Step Challenge 3 stretch, and Kelis Flexibility for the inflexible foam roller first 16 minutes. Calories burned during Body Max 2 scrambled egss was 650, calories burned during 4Day Split Lower was 236
Total workout calories today was 1050 and 40% fat.
Pre-weight workout was a protein shake
Post workout was 1/2 cup fat free OIKOS Greek Yogurt with 1/2 banana and 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey. This yogurt has 22 grams of prtein in 1 cup and 9 carbs. Better than regular yogurt. I bought it at Walmart. It is still pretty high priced though. Not as bad as the nutrition center that I frequent.

Lora,Happy Birthday! It is good to see you check in again:) I hoe you and your dh can get things settled soon.

Charlotte, maybe the hiking and biking will help the mood:)

Linda. I hardly slept because my head was stuffed up. I was surprised I had the energy to do the workout I did today. Now I think I could use a nap or something though. I thought at first it was allergies but now it seems more like some virus.

Pebblesus, glad you got some doms:D

Hey you guys:)

I’m just getting to work had to take ¼ day to take care of some business.

This morning, I did CC#8

Cardio Stats:
60:04 Time
509: Calories burned
4:41 Miles travelled

Debbie: Great minds think alike, huh! Nice job.

Lora: I been thinking about you glad all is well.:) Happy Birthday, girl. The big 49, be so graceful to be able to see 49, which I know you are, wishing you many…..many more.

Toasty: Enjoy your bike ride.

Linda: Great job

Pebblesus: Have a wonderful rest day, so deserving after yesterday workout, you kicked a$$.

Green Bean Fries: soooooo dam good, love em:D I'll be keeping them in my freezer.
17 pieces 170 cal, fat 9g, sugar 4g, protein 3g. This morning, I just throw some in onto my cooking sheet and baked em they are delic. I said they were the long ones, not so. There're about 3 to 4 inches in length:eek:

Me:D thinking to go for a walk after work. I hope the weather will still be nice, back too work.

Add-on.......
Diane: Your workouts are always so dam good. Niiiiiiiiiiiiice job :D

Forgot to mention the GBF came with 2 packages of Wasabi Ranch Sauce, haven't tried it yet, but sounds tasty, for sho! I'm out:eek:

Last edited:
Hey Linda!
I get the same thing with the DOMS.. I tend to think maybe it's just the change.
Ive even noticed that I can do a workout at home, then go to the gym and to basically the same thing and still get real sore.. just simply from using one different machine or something that simple and stupid :)

Happy Birthday Lora, and good to see you here! Sorry your XH is being a jackass, but at least, if he's motivated to get the divorce taken care of, that will speed things up. It's so much harder when someone isn't motivated, as a good friend of mine is experiencing, unfortunately. My XH was just lazy, but not outright difficult, which I was able to deal with. The new guy sounds nice! Glad you are getting workouts in too; it's great stress relief.

I haven't worked out yet; you guys all seem like morning exercisers, but I'm almost always an evening exerciser. I'm going snorkling with a friend soon (new experience!); I don't imagine snorkling is that rigorous of an activity, so I'm sure I'll be working out later.

Just a quick post to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lora! I'm glad to hear you're doing very well and the new guy is treating you like gold. You deserve it! :D Is it that fitness guy you talk about often? Hope to see you on here more often. Also, did you listen to Buckcherry's new cd?

Everyone else, HELLO! The kids are sick; Nick has a bad ear infection and Tennyson is congested. Been a very long weekend with Nick. He's getting better though. Now I feel like I'm getting a cold which sucks. But I still work out anyway. :rolleyes: Oh, well. :p

Hope everyone has a great day! Take care

Good afternoon ladies! Happy Birthday Lora :)

Just finished Spinervals Enter the Red Zone - rode 12 miles and burned 637 calories. Now must shower and get out the door - already running late but sure was a good workout!

Happy Day to all :D

Happy Birthday Lora!!!! - It's so good to see you. And I'm glad that you are seeing someone who treats you well. It's about time! You deserve to be happy.

So I wasn't going to tell you guys which Cardio Coach I did this morning, but since it seems like the one to do, I'll fess up. I did #8. :p I just can't help myself. Yesterday I did legs, bi's and tri's. I did walking lunges and my glutes are soooooooooooooo sore! I love it! I also did leg press and leg extensions, bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep pushdowns and those one arm side lying tricep pushups that Tony does in P90X and the One on One workout.

Meowracer - I love Spinervals. I do that a lot during the winter. I'm trying to stay off the bike right now until my knee heals, but if I weren't I'd be doing some Spinervals so as not to embarrass myself with all of the Cardio Coach #8 workouts. :)

Charlotte - I hope your mood improves with your hike and your ride. Mine was just starting to look up and now I hear we're supposed to get SNOW this weekend. UGH!!! I'm not ready.

The hike was beautiful. Very very rocky though. A few nice waterfalls so I went skinny dipping. hehe. It is very pretty up in the mountains here right now. The leaves are just starting to change and are falling so it was pretty to sit and listen to the water trickling over the rocks. I didn't think anyone else would be going down the same path as it was a very treacherous rocky way to go and most not crazy enough as it was hard to tell where the path was at times. Anyhow, it was too too beautiful to resist alittle dippling and dappling in the water ..quickly though!!!! hehe. Very cold, but I knew I had to hike back up which would be steep and so I could use some cold water. Funny, as I was hiking up, 10 mins or so later, a family of 6 comes hiking down. lol. Boy, a most adventurous family!!! I was saying to myself..OMG..OMG..OMG no one is suppose to be hiking down this insane path!!! Never did get on my bike though. Just too tired when I got back.

Happy Birthday Lora!!!! - It's so good to see you. And I'm glad that you are seeing someone who treats you well. It's about time! You deserve to be happy.

So I wasn't going to tell you guys which Cardio Coach I did this morning, but since it seems like the one to do, I'll fess up. I did #8. :p I just can't help myself. Yesterday I did legs, bi's and tri's. I did walking lunges and my glutes are soooooooooooooo sore! I love it! I also did leg press and leg extensions, bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep pushdowns and those one arm side lying tricep pushups that Tony does in P90X and the One on One workout.

Meowracer - I love Spinervals. I do that a lot during the winter. I'm trying to stay off the bike right now until my knee heals, but if I weren't I'd be doing some Spinervals so as not to embarrass myself with all of the Cardio Coach #8 workouts. :)

Charlotte - I hope your mood improves with your hike and your ride. Mine was just starting to look up and now I hear we're supposed to get SNOW this weekend. UGH!!! I'm not ready.

I cannot believe you are getting snow ALREADY!!!! Gosh! Glad you are so sore. So good to hear from you. My arms are fried.

Hi Maniacs,

Workouts have been:
Mon: Amy's Step PUmp...not sure about this weight part, but I did thoroughly dig the step portion! I love Amy's step!
829 Calories in, 549 burned (deficit should be around 1500)
40%fat 40% protein 20% carbs (ikes...Southbeach will do that)

Tues: Amy' ASCII (49 min premix) with about 30 step ups
Only 670 calories in today??? can't be right, but I use Fit day and it's usually very close
Again, with right around 40% Fat and Protein and 20% carbs
burned around 600. Big calorie deficit today.

Diane Sue, I'm cracking up over the squirrel. They tease my dogs, it's a riot to watch.

Lora, Happy Birthday!so glad to hear it's going well. Sucks to finalize a divorce with the market the way it is. You can hang out awhile before it's final, at least make up some ground. Finality is good, but be smart lady.

Charlotte, good to hear Bobby is well.
Shoot DH wants attention, so have to cut this short.

Hello to all I missed and before I forget,
Hermia...that is quite a mouthful woman, Interesting I'm sure. Yes I write all the time, love it when I'm into it. Appeal briefs are the best.
BB tomorrow,
amber

Hey all,
snorkeling was cool...I, uh, kept my clothes on though, unlike some people! teehee! ;)
We did a bit of regular swimming as well. It took it out of me more than I thought, cuz when I got home and started my workout, I felt like I was tiring out quickly. I did Body Max 2 starting with the power circuits (after warm up, of course) and made it through chest, then my mom called, and then I showered and called BF before it got too late. Tomorrow I need to be dilligent and get my workout in before work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.