Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Oct 9

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Bento's In the Ring ..........for a change from Rumble and surprisingly....I followed it half decently. I used 1 pound hand weights and I'm really feeling it. I kept my HR around 150-162 for most of the workout and only dropped to 140 a few times. I've been kicking major ass with my kickboxing and loving it. I'm on such a KB binge! Workout was 65" and I burned 631 calories. I'll be famished all day now....LOL.

Deb - I got the Avon and my Mom will send a check cuz I have no money left in my check book...LOL. thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well. What has everyone been doing as far as weight workouts lately? I need to get a groove going with some.

Deb - which Amy Bento weight workouts are really good ones that clock in at around 45-50"? If I have to repeat them twice, that's okay......since I know Step & Pump and Hi/Lo Pump might fall in that category.

Have great workouts everyone. Running late...as usual....must go.

Thursday already. Wow, this week flew. Looking forward to the weekend. It's suppose to be beautiful and warm.

This morning I did Shoulders and some cardio. Had a great workout.

1 minute rest between each set.

SHOULDERS
Barbell Upright Rows:
62# - 5/5/5 (up 2#)
55# - 12 (same as last week)
45# - 15/15 (same as last week)
***Last set was suppose to 3 sets of 15. Come on. A bit overkill I think. Especially for this exercise.

Barbell Overhead Press:
67# - 5/5 (up 2#)
55# - 12/12 (same as last week)
45# - 15 (up 5#)
***Ok, this set was brutal. It was all I could do to the the last few reps out of the last 2 sets.

Lateral Raise:
22's - 5/5 (same as last week)
20's - 12 (same as last week)
17's - 15 (same as last week)
***Not sure I should go any higher with this exercise. Injury waiting to happen.

Bent-Over Lateral Raise:
22's - 12/12 (same as last week)
***Again, not sure I should go higher. These burn big time.

The I did Cardio Coach #1 which I haven't done in forever. I can't even find the last time I did this workout in my weight training logs. Not sure why, it's a really fun workout. I gave it all I had. Heck with this 75% of HR bullcrap. LOL!

Cardio only stats:
32 minutes
27 minutes in zone
210 calories burned
1.9 miles travelled

That is all...

Lora - I don't have any Amy Bento workouts so I can't help you with your question. Sorry!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Posting yesterday's workout (did late..at 7pm, lol):

LEGS
Squats
225# 5/5/5
185# 12x's
180# 15/15
***Up 5# on each..may stick with same weights next time though...pretty tough with these weights***

Sissy Squats:
3/12

Deads:
140# 5/5
125# 12x's
115# 15/15
***Up 5# on these too...compromises my trap area alittle more then I like so I am gonna have to consider if I want to keep trying to go up and risk injury to same areas.

Leg Ext:
82.5# 15/15 (up 2.5#)

Plyo's:

Off the stepper and 4 sets of 16 while listening to Slip Knot. hehe

ABS
Various moves

Today I will do some biking with my daughter. Not sure that will be challenging enough as she is not use to going the miles I go so will do some kickboxing and work chest this morning before she comes. After that, I probably won't want to go far and she might kick my butt out there on bike. Ha!!!!

Lora,

Great workout! Still good to hear from you.

Hope everyone else has a great workout and a great day!

Morning,:)

No workout this morning, I have the flu or a bad cold. Yesterday, the girls here kicked me out of the office I left a little after 12:30 I went and brought meds and got in bed. I’m only here today bc Thursday is our busiest week and it is my job to get reports out. Altho, I do feel a little :eek: better, I could use one more day in bed.

Toasty: What can I say, those numbers are awesome. Nice Leg workout;)

Debbie: Nice work:D

Lora: Hello:)

Teddygirl,

Hope you feel better soon,but glad you are feeling little bit better.

Debbie,

I think it is amazing you get so high up in weights for shoulders too. Your da bomb!

Char - HOLY CRAP on the squats! Geez girl, you are an animal. How do you hold all that weight on your back?? 135# was pushing it for me.

Pebblesus - I'd guess my leg press at about 5# without weights. I don't count it, only the plates I put on.

Hi Maniacs.

Yesterday, no workout, my legs were super DOMMY and I can't figure out if it was from Monday with Amy's Step PUmp, that I really didn't like, or from ASCII. Either way, there was no way I was working out when I had to manuever to even sit.??

Calories yesterday were 1165, with the same ration 40 fat, Ikes...40% protein and 20 carbs. I have had absolutely no refined carbs for 5 days now and I'm already fitting into the pants I could not fit into on Saturday! I won't weight myself until Monday though.

Char, my goodness woman you can squat a man if you want!

Lora...do you have slo mo?

I've gotta go..phone calls.

Hello to everyone I missed.
Amber

Well ya'll I got a smith machine so it makes a huge huge difference..not like I can lift that kinda weight over my head. :p Anyways, I did a "morning" workout before my daughter and I take off on bikes. YIKES...I am thinking she will not want to go far cuz I just did KPC before the DOMS sets in and worked CHEST so I might really be hurtin' later. lmao:eek:

Here is my chest work (just like last week..did not go up)

CHEST
Incline DB Press
30's 5/5/5
25's 12/12
20's 15

DB Press:
35's 5/4/3 (struggled more today..who knows??)
30's 12x's (made the 2 reps this time..last week ended up only 10 1/2)
25's 15x's (the lactic acid builds quickly starting around the 10th rep..eek)

(didn't do the rest..wasn't in the mood to do chest anyways...I just wanted to do KPC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..Afternoon Maniacs!

Wow Im always so impressed with how early you ladies get your work done! Usually when I post mine it's actually from the night before ha!

I got it done today tho.. was in the mood.. hpowever I didn't feel like doing the routine I had scheduled so I changed it ALL AROUND :)
For some reason I like to cheap-out on chest day :T I think it's something to do with I never getting a pump in my chest anymore.. I just feel it in my shoulders and I haven't gone up in weights much in the past year or so cuz of it hmm..

Oh-well..

Chest-
PUB (same reps as Cathe)
Flyes X 5 ss w/
Presses X 5
Decline DB Presses 3 X 12/10/10 15 sec rest

Shoulders-
Isolated Presses 3 X 12/10/8 (same weights) no rest. Added an extra 2 sets w/ liter weight for left side
Bent Lat Raises X 3 ss w/
RD Flyes X 3 both pyr up style
Cubans 3 X 10 ss w/
Upright Rows 3 X 10 30 sec rest
RD Presses 3 X 12/8/12 no rest

Tri's-
OH Presses 4 X 15/12/8/10 pyr up style
Lying Extensions 4 X 8/12 pyr down style

Ab's-
Bike
Leg Lifts X 3
Floor Lifts X 3 ss w/
Weighted Crunches 3
Standing Ab work

Sounds like a lot but I got it all done in less than an hour.. which is what I like on chest day :)
Had the energy to train before work today but didn't have it to do much :T

I actually took the past two days off as I did all my training in just two days (I typically prefer a 3-day split) and there was nothing to do :)

Debbie- I think you must have a different leg press than me.. I used the machine at the gym where you lye at a 45 angle. I put the plates on it but don't know how much weight it is without, so I don't know how much to add to the plate total?
Ill have to ask next time I go in, thanks!

Happy workouts Maniacs!!

Afternoon Maniacs,

This morning I fell back to sleep after the alarm went off and woke up a half hour late. So I managed 4 DS LIS/HIS Double Cardio.

Teddy - Hope you feel batter soon!

Everyone - Great Workouts!

Debbie - Remember we were talking about not being able to get the heavy DB in position, well I stumbled across these - http://www.powerhooks.com/ Definitely something to think about. ;):D

Hello Peeps!

Guess what Cardio Coach I did today??? Ha! Wrong! I did Cardio Coach #5 with Candace!!! And you all thought I did #8, didn't you? See what you get for making fun of me. Tee hee.

It's cold here today - in the 40's. And WINDY. Have I mentioned how much I HATE THE WIND? Well, I probably haven't mentioned it much in awhile, but here comes winter, so I might mention it every now and then. :p Only 11 more years and we get to move (and only 9 more years at my job)! But I don't want to wish my life away, so I better be careful. I don't know what I would do without working out. I would get so depressed! It's supposed to SNOW this weekend! Whew - somebody's in a mood today. DALLYS - did you send me this weather???

Char - I just had to pick myself up off the floor after looking at what you squat woman! I have a Smith machine too and I don't squat that much!

Debbie - I've been ignoring my shoulders lately (no reason, I've just been lazy) and look at you! Okay, I'm humbled and motivated. With winter fast approaching I'm gonna kick it up a few notches!

Lora - It's so great to hear from you on a more regular basis. You sound so happy.

Hey to everyone else. Hope you all have a SUPER day!

Workout is done. I did Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam doing the jam challenge twice and then doing the stability ball work, abs and stretch, then I did 4Day Split Kickbox abs and Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout abs and stretch. I missed 1 1/2 minutes of the stretch. I added extra weights to kb abs and used 10's and 15's on Amy's Hi/Lo Ko.Calories burned was 925 and 45% fat. Had a call from Bill and got the grandbaby settled. Shoved down some cottage cheese with protein powder and tropical fruit mix that I cut up last night. I also added a piece of Ezekial toast.
I have a busy rest of the day ahead and am fighting this dumb cold so getting something after a workout is really important to me.

Lora, if I were you I would use some of the premixed from Amy's Slo Mo or APX. Or you could do the dome portion of Hi/Lo Dome twice. She has Slo Mo Total Body Challenge 1 premix that is 47 minutes or the Total body challenge 2 that is 66 minutes. Or you could work it upper and lower on consecutive days from the premixes.
The Dome workout is 26 minutes going through it once so double that if you wish to repeat it or do it and then APX legs sectio 1 or 2 which is 4 exercises. That would be good in a time crunch.

Linda, I pushed that snooze button 3 times this morning. Can't do it tomorrow as I take the girls to school. I guess it is because I have been sort of under the weather. I keep thinking maybe I should just sleep in a couple of days and maybe I would get better quicker :) And that is a good calorie burning cardio workout:)

Charlotte, I wish I had a Smith Machine!! I do have the Bowflex and can get a lot deeper and heavier with my squats and do have the advantage of leg extensions and curls as well as some good upper moves. But a Smith machine would add to that:)

Amber, I know when I leave the simple carbs alone I seem to shrink. It does make a difference. Good for you fitting into the other pants:)

Hey Crazies! There are so many posts I'll never get to you all, so I'm not even gonna try.:p Anyways, I did 30 min. on intervals on the treadmill, then did Slim and Limber stretch which is good, but I like 10 min. trainer Yoga Flex better than Slim and Limber I think. Yoga Flex does all my favorites. I just wish they both had the great neck stretches that Cool it off and Cool it off express have. Can you tell I'm into stretching lately. If I really pull my balls out, I'll go for a bike ride, but it's quite chilly outside (lol Suz! I'm sending snow in a day or two...bundle up!:p)

I've found another super tastey snack if anyone is interested.

3 slices melba toast-60 cals
1 laughing cow lf cheese wedge-35 cals
1/4 cup Salmon (chicken of the sea packaged kind) 60 cals
then I added 10 grapes-
16 cals

Just spread the cheese on the toast and add on the salmon.

Total Cals w/grapes- 171
Protein- 15
Fat- 4
Carbs-18

Not bad! You could also double it up for a great meal. Maybe add a salad.

I have to admit, my eating has been way off. I cannot get the correct calories or macros for each day and it's starting to piss me off. And then on some days I'm so hungry I just eat more then I should. So this isn't good.

Meals for today:

Medium calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 (Post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats; 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice 12 grain bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Chocolate Almond Clif bar
M6: 6 oz. chicken w/Shake & Bake; salad w/light Honey mustard
M7: Squash omlette

1954.5 calories (1950 is goal)
50 g. fat - 23%
198 g. proein - 41% (195 g. is goal)
186 g. carbs - 38% (195 g. is goal)

Not bad today. Just getting sick of this menu.

Leg press people

Ok, I just looked at the maximum weight on my leg press machine (you know, the mega huge one in my pics that we got from the fire station) Here goes: 540 lbs. on the upper foot pads and 820 lbs. on the lower foot pads!!!! Can you IMAGINE? My settings are at 100 and 155. I wonder if anyone ever maxed it out. lol!

Last edited:
Debbie - Thanks for the info. That's a shame, seemed like a good concept. Fortunately, I have no money to waste, so I am still counting on dad to make something.

Guess what I just found while I was on my lunch break:eek: I park in the back of our building, usually recline my car seat too relax, so after about 45 minutes or so I decided to clean out the truck of my car. My truck looks like a garage or something:( Any way, I found my EZ Curl Bar I’m so freaking happy, I can do push-ups:p I been looking for it for 2 years. just hought I share!

BTW I’m feeling a bit better. ;) BTW feeling much better:D

Guess what I just found while I was on my lunch break:eek: I park in the back of our building, usually recline my car seat too relax, so after about 45 minutes or so I decided to clean out the truck of my car. My truck looks like a garage or something:( Any way, I found my EZ Curl Bar I’m so freaking happy, I can do push-ups:p I been looking for it for 2 years. just hought I share!

BTW I’m feeling a bit better. ;) BTW feeling much better:D

LMAO!!! Too cool! Glad you found your EZ bar!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.