Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2023

Hi,

Today was walk outside and STS Upper Body 2.

Diane - sorry about you still dealing with the coughing and fluids. I hope your appointment goes well in November and they can help you. Must be frustrating. Great job on your workouts.

Jolie - I was in treatment with another orthodontist for over 3 years, she is the one that messed up my bite and teeth. She actually had the nerve to release after 3 years still had my attachments in my mouth. She wouldn’t take them off. It took another Orthodontist to fix what she had done to my teeth. My teeth were not bad to begin with. When you chose Invisalign you have to do your homework. The have different levels. My old one was Gold. which means they hardly know anything about Invisalign. Go figure! My now Orthodontist is Diamond. I learned a lot about Invisalign over the years. Wished I known 5 years ago :( would have saved me so much time and frustrations. Lessons learned!!!

Debbie - thank you! Great job on your walk this morning.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Raw Kickboxing with the warm up from another workout added that I decided I did not want to do. This was 40 minutes, 209 calories, heart rate 133/163, 2,330 steps. I then did Raw Timesaver Abs, 18 minutes, 47 calories, heart rate 91/114. CDorner total body mobility flow Day 13, 13 minutes, 22 calories. Total time was 72 minutes, 278 calories, 3,553 steps.

Debbie, good job getting in the treadmill before training at work.

Jolie, great walk today. Yes, we still have the Treadclimber. The problem is that it is in the master bedroom and my husband sleeps during the day so I rarely get on it. I won't use it at night as that is when I get most of my housecleaning done. The Treadclimber is much harder than just walking on a treadmill. My husband found that out when he was trying to go all out on it to prepare for a treadmill test.. He came back saying the treadmill was so easy. When I could use it I generally do not think about it.

Belinda, nice work on the walk and STS 2 upper body 2. I remember when you started wearing the Invisalign. I try to research things well if at all possible ahead of time. I am sorry the first time they did not know what they were doing.

Hi,

Went for a long walk outside this morning. Than we had lunch with our neighbors.

Diane - great job on the Raw KB and total body mobility. I also researched things well ahead of time. With the different level I couldn’t find anywhere online, not even on Invisalign website. My old ortho was rated the best in WV :(

Good night.

Today I did Coffey fit TBTS warm up, push timesaver, and Lower Body Timesaver, 46 minutes, 112 calories, heart rate 96/126. I then did CDorner mobility challenge Day 14 neck and shoulders and also Day 6 Morning Mobility, 22 minutes, 44 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 156 calories. I thought that I had done the lower body before but could not find my printout and do not remember it.

TBTS strength lower
10 reps each exercise done 3 sets each
deadlift squat 20# dbs 10 reps x3
goblet hold close stance pulse squat 20# db 10 reps x3
alternating step back plie squat 20# dbs 10 reps x3

TBTS strength push
8 reps each move 2 sets
shoulder press 10# dbs 8 reps x2
seated lateral raise 8# dbs 8 reps x2
seated overhead triceps extension 15#db 8 reps second set I used 20# 8 reps
skull crushers 12# dbs 8 reps then 15# dbs 8 reps
connected bench press 15# dbs 8 reps x2
bench press 15#dbs 8 reps x2

Belinda, nice that you got in your walk this morning. I hope lunch with your neighbors was pleasant.

Hi,

STS 2.0 lower body 2 plus walk outside today.

Diane- nicely done on your workout. We did had a pleasant time yesterday. Perfect weather too.

Good night

Wow, shocking news about Matthew Perry passing away. How sad. How does someone just drown in a jacuzzi? Did he fall asleep? I wish they'd tell us more on what happened but maybe they don't know. RIP Matthew. :(

This morning I did RAW Ripped & Ride June 2019 again and I liked it even better than the first time I did it a couple of weeks back. Had a great workout. I used my treadmill again and did high inclines to work my legs.

Each weight exercise was for 1 minute.

Treadmill: 5:25 minutes

Bent Over Rows: 15's
Hammer Curls: 15's
Upright Rows: 12's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 8's
Chest Press: 15's

Treadmill: 5 minutes

Reverse Flies: 12's
Front Curls: 12's
Overhead Shoulder Press: 12's
Kickbacks: 8's
Dumbbell Flies: 15's

Lawn Mowers: 15#
Supinated Curls: 15's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Skull Crushers: 10's
Modified Pullovers: 12's

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 339 calories, did 2659 steps and HR was 124/145. My calorie burn was exactly the same as the last time I did it. How weird.

No time for personals, it's definitely Monday. Boo. I hope you all had a great weekend and have a great day today!

Long, frustrating weekend. Over 15 hours sitting at volleyball games between Friday night and Saturday. Then it snowed and was cold Sunday - so not much chance to do anything outside.

I did STS 2.0 Lower body 1 today.

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous! It is warm and very dry humidity, making it just the way I like it. I got in a lot of walking this weekend, I walked around 9 miles. Today I had to get out again because it is so beautiful and warm, even in the early morning and the view of the ocean is spectacular. My pup and I walked for 1 hour 42 minutes, traveled 5 miles and burned 802 calories. He is now in the back yard running around chasing butterflies and hummingbirds, does the dog ever get tired! I was supposed to lift weights yesterday, but I felt a little under the weather, probably severe allergies, so I opted just to walk instead. I have to lift some weights this week, I look like I have lost so much muscle mass.

Debbie, fantastic workout today! It is very sad about Mathew Perry dying, he was so funny and entertaining.

Doreen, I noticed you got some snow, the football games over the weekend looked really cold in CO.

Have a great day and I hope you all have great workouts today.

Today I did STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets: Express 2 Lower Body, 23 minutes, 88 calories, heart rate107/131, 424 steps. I then did CDorner Step Aerobics basic intermediate #250, 33 minutes, 173 calories, heart rate 132/156, 2,127 steps. I finished with CD mobility challenge day 15 full body stretch on the beach(previously filmed one) 11 minutes and day 16 legs stretch all standing 10 minutes. stretch time was 21 minutes, 30 calories. Total time spent 77 minutes, 291 calories, 3,551 steps.

STS 2 tri-sets legs
Group 1
Squats #1 25# dbs 8 reps
alternating rear lunge #1 20# dbs 8 reps each leg
close grip sumo squat #1 40# db 8 reps
squats # 2 30# dbs 8 reps
alternating rear lunge #2 20# dbs 8 reps
close grip sumo squats #2 40# db 8 reps
Group 7
step ups #1 25# dbs 8 reps each leg
alternating side lunge #1 20# db 8 reps
double tap rear lunge #1 20# dbs 8 reps
step ups #2 25# dbs 8 reps
alternating side lunge #2 20# db 8 reps
double tap rear lunge 20# dbs 8 reps

Belinda, nice work yesterday on STS 2 lower body and your walk. I am glad the weather was nice. It was freezing here. It is still cold, but will warm up later in the week. I ran around with a jacket on over a sweater all day trying not to be tempted to turn on the heat yet.

Debbie, I just heard on the news that Matthew Perry had drug and alcohol problems. No exact answer about how he drowned in the jacuzzi. It seems impossible as if a person went under they would surely wake up. It is so sad. Great job on Ripped and Ride June 2019.

Doreen, nice work getting in STS 2 legs #1 even though the weekend ended up not meeting expectations.

Jolie, great job on all of the walking this weekend.

Evening,

Today I did GS Chest & Triceps.

Diane - fantastic job on your workout today. It’s cold and rainy today. Not liking the change. It’s suppose to get down in the 40’s tonight. Very said about Matthew Perry.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 5 and had an awesome workout.

This workout is very heavy on the boxing but it's slow and controlled. I used my 1.5# egg weights. 30 seconds each segment, 10 second rest - only one dumbbell is used. Kelly uses 20#, I used 15 and 20# depending on the exercise:

Boxing - several drills, it seems to go on forever but it's fun
Alternate Snatch: 15#
Squats: 20#
Repeat

Boxing
Alternate Curtsy Squats
: 20#
Tomahawk Hammer Curl: 15#, 20#
Repeat

Boxing
Alternate Snatch
: 15#
Squats: 20#
Repeat

Boxing -
(I only did half because I was running out of time)
Alternate Curtsy Squats: 15#
Tomahawk Hammer Curl: 20#
Repeat

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 410 calories, (wow, when I did this one in 2021 with my FB I only burned 292 calories), did 3233 steps and HR was 134/172. Very fun workout.

Doreen - Wow on all the games. At least they are indoors! It's cold here and we're supposed to get snow tonight. Yikes!

Jolie - Nice job on your walk and glad you are having such nice weather. We're getting snow tonight! :( Matthew Perry was an addict for years but has been sober for many years and is an advocate for the cause. He has written a book about his life as well. I might get it. The news said there were no drugs found in his home. We may never know what happened. So sad.

Diane - See what I wrote to Jolie about Matthew Perry. A very sad situation whatever the reason was. Nice job on your workouts yesterday, you had a killer one!!

Belinda - Great job with GS chest and tri's. Always one of my favorites.

Have a great day everyone!!

Today I was able to get into the gym and get in a weight workout!!! I did Cathe's STS Meso 1 Disc #1 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps and did really well with the weights even though I have not lifted much lately. :) These workouts work well for me because if I lift 2 times per week, I get in all of my upper body and I work it really well. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 415 calories. I did not do the pushups, I did Chest work with weights instead due to not want to aggravate my collar bone which is doing pretty good now days. It is going to be a hot one today, 85 degrees and only30% humidity. I love having my whole house open on this kind of day, the dogs love it too.

Debbie, fantastic workout today. I need to purchase some egg weights, where did you get yours at? I want to start kickboxing this winter, so I have to get my equipment ready.

Diane Sue, great job on the STS workout yesterday. I am thinking about purchasing the new STS program, so you recommend it or is it similar to the original one?

Belinda, wow it is cold where you live! Oct and Nov are always warm where I live, and I love it. Great job on getting a workout in coming off being sick.

Doreen and Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

I did a 20 minute incline walk this morning. I've figured out why my incline trainer was free on the curb. It appears to have a bug now where any button I push goes to speed 4.0 and cannot adjust. But it will run pre-programmed programs so that's what I did. I may have to try to look up a fix on the internet for that glitch but it may be too old!

Happy Halloween,

Today is my DD’s 38th birthday. DD and I did a belly dance and walk outside today.

Jolie - it’s freezing cold outside. Temperature dropped dramatically. I am not ready for all this cold. Wished Nov would be warm here in WV too. Lucky you. Great job with STS M1 D1.

Debbie - great job on your weight workout. I forgot how good GS is.

Diane - I hope you doing well.

Good night.

Today I did STS 2.0 Back and Biceps Mish Mosh 1 which took me 54 minutes( I had a couple of times that I had to stop and do something as well as deciding which method I wanted to use for the moves. I did not have this one printed up. I thought that I had done it before. It has an awful lot of the band work for back in it. I should have stopped and set up my fit tower. I used the door anchor for some of it. I burned 112 calories and heart rate was 85/117. I then did CDorner day 17 Full Body Mobility Flow warm up challenge, 14 minutes, 26 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 138 calories.

STS 2 Back and Biceps Mish Mosh 1

Warm-Up with red light tubing and 10# dbs
Straight Arm underhand Press Down green and black tubing and door anchor 8 reps
Seated Rows green and black tubing high anchor 12 reps
Straight Arm press down green and black tubing 12 reps
Kneeling One Arm Row R/L 25# db 10 reps
pullover 25# dumbbell 10 reps superset with banded pull aparts green tubing
barbell pendalay row or option I used of barbell rows(pendalay hurts my back) 55# 8 reps
superset with shrugs 12# dbs 10 reps
banded close grip pull down door anchor green and black tubing 12 reps
seated t band pulls red tubing12 reps
superman swimmers
added on the bent over gorilla row from the back bonus15# db (I could have gone heavier)
Standing barbell curls 35# 8 reps
Standing barbell pause curls 35# 8 reps
kneeling alternating sweeper curls 17# dbs 10 reps
DBL arm kneeling sweeper curls 17# dbs 10 reps
DBL arm hammer curl 17# dbs 8 reps
alternating cross body curls 15# dbs 16 reps
kneeling hammer/crossbody curls 15# dbs 6 reps
incline curl stability ball 15# dbs 10 reps
preacher curl stability ball R/L 15# db 8 reps
banded dumbbell curls blue tubing with 5# dbs variable lots of reps
standing reverse curls 12# dbs 12 reps
barbell wrist curls seated on stability ball 25# 16 reps
stretch

Belinda, nice work yesterday on GS chest and Triceps. I do not like cold weather. I put the electric blanket on the bed. It was so windy Sunday when we went out to eat along with the rain and freezing weather. Frost all over everything this morning. It is supposed to warm back up some. That is nice that your daughter and you were able to do a belly dance workout and walk today and you being together on her birthday.

Debbie, great job on Raw Box and Pump #5. I never can remember for sure which ones are which. I think it is number three I like a lot. # 7 is my least favorite. I am always afraid of the snatches and do high pulls which I am sure does not do much for me. It seems risky after the shoulder surgery I had.

Roselyn, I bet your little goblin will look adorable dressed in a costume. I remember my first grandchild all dressed up in a fuzzy tiger suit. Summer disappeared so fast.

Jolie, great job getting in the upper body weights today from Meso 1. STS 2.0 is done differently that STS original is done. There are different ways of training and lots of premixes as well as additional bonus moves that can be used. I really like them. On the body parts Cathe shows different ways to do some moves. Like if you do not have the new stands, there is the Fit tower, or just doing a substitute move she has someone do. Like today, I just used the dumbbells and tubing for most of the workout rather than have something for pull ups or chin ups. You are lucky to have warm weather. I went from wearing summer tops without sleeves to sweaters and jackets overnight.

Doreen, good job on the 20 minute walk today. It doesn't hurt to check around on the incline trainer. I found a guy that was able to fix our treadclimber for us even though Bowflex did not have all of the right parts. He got the belts from them, but had to cut the running boards himself to fit. We got it quite a few years ago and it is still going. Maybe check on the internet to see if it is something you may be able to fix yourself. A manual? Sorry, I am rambling. I am always trying to figure out something.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.