Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2023

I am looking at cathes new ones because I love the 2.0 series

today was fitnesskayay kickboxing

What do all you beautiful ladies use for foundation (if you use) I was looking at Fiera concealer ,reviews say they only use skipping the foundation because they love the coverage but...I never know if i can trust reviews. This sounded good and the claims say it does not settle in fine lines. any products you all love let me know any kind of makeup. Or skincare I started a line called Drmtlgy (medical grade skincare it says) I do like this line

Today I did CDorner Step and Arm Toning, 46 minutes, 181 calories, heart rate 116/143, 3,454 steps. I also did the first group of moves on CDorner Int. Step #332, 12 minutes, heart rate 116/131, 55 calories, 1,058 steps. I finished off with STS 2 mobility 1 17 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 76 minutes, 271 calories, 4,512 steps. https://www.youtube.com/live/gyTxTEpsSEc?si=qKH5Fw-T01brhu-f I have an eye appointment in the morning so I am not sure if I will get in a workout.

CDorner Step and Arms Toning(upper body)40 minutes
alternates 5 minutes step with 3 minutes weights
Warm up
Cardio
push ups and Rows 15# 10 reps each alternating for 4 sets
Cardio
Curls 15#dbs and Kickbacks 10# dbs 10 reps alternating through timer (curls are regular and side alt)
cardio
side raise 8# dbs overhead press 8# dbs upright row 8# dbs 10 reps each move repeat through timer
cardio all moves
stretch

Debbie nice work on Just Step. Kelly seems to put boxing in pretty much all of her step and cardio workouts. There are a couple of her oldest workouts that are not boxing step workouts. My shoulders are sore as I did her shadow boxing with weights, the total body on Monday and the arm workout today ended up hitting shoulders. Boxing with weights will make things worse as well. I do things like you did with the vitamix container. Usually because something is easier to use and clean. Then I pay for it and wonder why I keep doing it. Also, I forget the issue if there is time between. Good idea putting a note with the recipe.

Jolie, good job on the walking today. You always get a great calorie burn. I wish I did not have so many appointments. I hope yours go well.

Doreen, nice job on the other part of STS 2 Total Body Trisets and your walks. Maybe you could search local animals that can climb trees? It must have been different to cause you alarm.

Belinda, nice work on Iron Series 30 minute dumbbell Iron Glutes day 28. I will probably get Cathe's new workouts, but I think I will wait. With holidays and lots of things coming up I just don't want to spend the money right now. This was a really rushed unexpected presale!

Roselyn, I am using Jane Iredale foundation and IT Bye Bye undereye concealer. I put hyaluronic acid from IT on with moisturizer first and after it is all on I use IT setting spray. I have a collection though as they dropped my favorite full coverage Jane Iredale and I had to buy the Matte which is only moderate coverage. Their suggestion is to use the powder foundation for more coverage which I find irritating. Plus the Matte has no sunscreen. It is not real matte or I would hate it. I saw a youtube review that made me go ahead and try it. I would not have bought it, but I had used up my IT foundation and did not have time to order from IT to get the porcelain color and it was taking to long. I guess that is not helpful. I purchased some Elizabeth Arden lip fix to help with lines on lips, which seems to work, but you have to put it on clean dry lips, which makes my lips feel dry as the lipstick on top wears down. I am always curious what others like. I used Tarte Amazon clay for years, but it seems like it is really drying as I have got older and I quit.
Nice work on Fitness KayKay.

Last edited:
Today I did RAW Day 4: Total Body Strength, I can't believe these strength workouts were put on RAW in 2020. I haven't done this workout since 2020. It was a good one, I had to be careful with the pullovers because I still have that damn knot in my shoulder blade area. Sick of it. Still had a great workout, though.

Kelly and Sammie uses a plate, I used dumbbells.

3 rounds of 10 reps. So this is circuit style:

Pullover: 15#
Hammer Curls: 15's
Squat/Alt Reverse Lunges: 15#
Bench Press: 15's/20's/20's
Weighted Dips: (I did Lying Triceps Ext for 2 sets and CGBP for last set) 10's/10's/15's
Alternate Front Lunges: 15's (I did reverse lunges)
Upright Rows: 15's

I then added the TBTS Strength Abs and LOVED IT! This will probably become my go to ab workout. 3 circuit sets and all the exercises were fun. My abs are pretty strong from doing so much boxing. I rarely do ab workouts and this one felt quite easy for me. I used an 8# dumbbell for some of the moves.

Total workout was 45 minutes, burned 356 calories and HR is 112/147.

Jolie - What's a breast lift? Just curious. I would be really nervous getting that done too. Luckily, I am very small in the chest area and I like it that way! LOL!! When I did that step workout yesterday I did the boxing part without my egg weights. That does make a different. Great job on your walk!

Doreen - That's scary about what you heard in your neighbors tree! Yikes!

Belinda - Great job on your workout yesterday. Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Roselyn - I use Sephora Best Skin Ever foundation and LOVE IT! It goes on like a dream, it stays on all day long, it doesn't settle into creases and is just a great foundation. Tons of colors so you can easily find one that goes with your skin type. The concealer I use is Ulta Full Coverage Liquid Concealer and love that one. It doesn't crease and goes on very smoothly and evenly and lasts all day.

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday!! I like Kelly's new shorter workouts, the ab one I did this morning was a good one. She does love her boxing. So do I but when I feel like I am right now, it doesn't help it. I probably should use egg weights every time I do her boxing workouts but I can't help myself. LOL!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Today I went for a 1 hour dog walk with the pup, traveled 3.3 miles and burned 497 calories. Next, I got on my regular TM and walked uphill for 65 minutes, incline 3 to incline 6, traveled 3.4 miles and burned 647 calories. Total miles traveled were 6.7 miles and I burned 1,144 calories. Wow, I wanted to watch a tennis match and walked longer than I had intended. Tomorrow I will try to get in a weight workout before my hair appointment if my husband helps with the dog in the morning.

Debbie, great job on the weight workout today. I have to start doing ABS again, I have really let that body part go during my workouts. I will sign up soon for the RAW workouts and give them a try. A breast lift is where I would get a reduction in size and have them lifted back up to where they belong LOL! After having kids, I am not happy with how I look today, I would like to have much smaller boobs! :)

Roselyn, I do not wear much makeup, I only wear bronzer, blush and some lipstick or gloss. Where I live, most women do not wear much or any. I guess having nice tans from living at the beach is enough for most. I am not sure if I will order Cathe's new workouts, I did not even purchase the last set. I like her live workouts and it is a reasonable price for a month.

Doreen, that would scare the crap out of me in the dark!!!

Diane Sue, great job with the workout yesterday. Are you still signed up for Kelly's RAW workouts? Do you like them?

Belinda, great job on the workout and way to go for completing the rotation.

Have a wonderful day.

Reactions: WD
Hi,

I walked over 3 miles outside on trail near my son’s house. There is a desert trail my son keeps telling us to take, I am too chicken to walk it. Rattlesnakes and wild life. Not me. I will probably do D29 today instead of tomorrow. We still planning on going out of town.

Jolie - thank you. Glad you enjoy Cathe Live. I will get her new ones.

Diane - I was surprised when Cathe announced the new workouts. I hope it wasn’t rushed.I hear you on holidays are coming up and not buying other things.

Roselyn - great job on fitnesskayay kickboxing. I bought a new foundation at Sephora NARS
Light Reflecting Advanced Skincare Foundation. I will look into the one Debbie and Diane mention. I like Nars, it’s light coverage.

BBL

Good Afternoon,

I started week 7 of Sure Thing today Upper Body Power. Last month was horrible and I was hoping this month would be better but it’s not starting out so great. Last month my 38 your old nephew had to have a heart bypass and my grandson ran into a brick wall playing catch and had to have stitches above his right eye then my girls aren’t talking and yesterday my 15 year old step grandson was given marijuana gummies without his knowledge he thought they were fruit snacks. I sure hope things get better soon.

Roselyn- I wear NARS Light Reflecting foundation right now but I work at Ulta so I have about 4 foundations going.

This morning I did a 30 min. bike ride in the Austrialia series. Nice, easy ride. I didn't sleep well becuase my husband was up coughing and stuffy nose stuff. He's going on day 4 of miserable.

I did order the downloads for Cathe's new workouts. I keep saying I should do On Demand just to try them but then I end up buying.

Took the dog for a walk last night and this morning. Nothing weird in the trees!!!

I also did Iron D29 FB. My son is taking a day off tomorrow. Who knows what we end up doing?

Roxie - your poor thing! I hope things are getting better with your family. That’s a lot of stress.

Doreen - I can’t decide if I only want the downloads or DVD’s too? Did you get all 4 workouts? I keep saying I try On Demand too.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Lower Body (Pyramids) 44 minutes, 165 calories. I followed it with Raw Stretch Finisher and CDorner relaxing neck stretch and a couple of minutes rolling the traps, 27 minutes, 42 calories. Wow, my endurance is not very good. I forgot how this workout was. Not much rest in this one at all. I was surprised at my cardio burn as I was breathing hard. Total time was 71 minutes, 42 calories. I got up earlier to go to my eye appointment and realized it is tomorrow and not today. For some reason I wrote it down wrong in one place and through my scheduling off.

Raw Lower Body Pyramids
each weight exercise done in a pyramid of 3 weights repeated 3 times without a rest
rests are between exercise changes briefly This turns out to be 45 sets total! My low back and right hip were starting to bother me.
Squat
12,15,20 # dumbbells timed repeat for 2 more pyramids
break
alternating lunges
1 set 12,15,20 2 sets 10,12m15# dumbbells
break
suitcase deadlift
12,15,20# dumbbells 2 sets 3rd set 12,15,15# dumbbells
break
Sumo deadlift 12,15,20# dumbbell 3 sets
break
alternating reverse lunges
10,12,15# dumbbells 3 sets

Debbie, great work on Raw Day 4 Total Body Strength. I know what you mean about the time. I am not sure of the date on the one I did today, but it has been quite a long time. It is in her old basement setting when there was still concrete under the heavy bag. I have done the I have done the TBST abs twice now. I did it the first time before she put the cover picture up. It is a good ab workout. I am very careful with those pullovers and do not push real heavy. Not worth injury. My traps were tight, and neck are bothering me. I feel better after the stretching. I love boxing workouts and would do them all of the time, but I just can't. I generally do it without weights or just 1 lb most of the time. The shadow boxing was different though as they were using 3-5# so I went with 3. I think it topped off the shoulder discomfort from the upper body work I had already done.

Jolie, wow on the 1,144 calories. Yes, I am still signed up with Kelly's Raw app. It does not cost much and is really worth it for 8.99 a month. I started out at the grandfathered 6.99 but there was something weird going on so I resubscribed through Amazon digital.

Belinda, nice work on the walk. I don't blame you on walking a desert trail. Although I have walked in trails a lot myself, after my dog being bitten by a snake and me uncovering one in my own yard, I would pass on the suggestion. Nice work on FB Iron D29.

Roxie, I am sorry you had so much going on with your family. That is sad about the gummies. That stuff makes me angry. The stuff should have never been legalized. I hope there is a turn around and things get better. Good job on Sure Thing Week 7 Upper Body.

Doreen, I have thought about on Demand, but then I have pretty much all of the workouts so no reason. Although I gather you can mix and match segments in the workout manager. Nice work on the Austrailia ride today.

Belinda - i did pre-order all four new workouts. Not sure about the cycling workout because I have Ifit for my bike but I may not keep ifit subscripton forever.

Today I did RAW R&R January 2020 and had a blast. I followed Kelly doing the floor work, she used a step. Really fun workout.

This is how the workout went, everything was 1 minute:

Double Arm Row/Upright Row: 8's
Lunges w/3 Rows: 8's

Floor cardio

Triceps Overhead Extension/Woodchop: 8#
Kickbacks/Overhead Extension: 8's
Plie/Scapular Squeeze: 8's (I didn't do a scap squeeze with this knot in my back)

Floor Cardio

Lateral Raise/Peck Deck: 5's
2 Half Bicep Curls/Uppercuts: 5's
Overhead Press 4/Kickbacks 4: 5's (I did bicep curls instead of kb's)

Floor work

Abs
Stretch

Good ab and stretch on this one, loved this workout. Workout was 36 minutes, burned 267 calories, did 2135 steps and HR was 129/175.

Jolie - Good job with your walking yesterday. Are you hitting 14,000 steps a day? I bet you are!! That's what I thought a breast lift was. Just be careful and think about it before you do it. Sounds scary to me!!

Belinda - Yea, I don't think I'd want to walk that rattlesnake trail. No thank you!! Good job on your 3 miles yesterday!

Roxie - So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time lately. And damn the people who made those gummie bears, they should be ashamed!! That is scary with our kids thinking they are candy. OMG!! I hope your grandson is doing ok! Poor guy.

Diane - I also always worry about pullovers. They always trigger my upper back issue. I kept it light when I did it yesterday. Today's workout had plank jacks/knee ins and then lift the arm up right and the left. I did only one set of those and the knot in my back I it so just did standing knee pulls. I hate plank work and squat thrusts. Great job with your lower body workout yesterday. I did that one not too long ago, it's a good one.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! So glad it's Friday!

Woke up dragging and feeling like I was catching the crud my husband has. I just did STS 2.0 Mobility 1 and then took the dog for a walk.

Today I only had time to take the pup for his daily walk, we walked through the hills and they were steep. Walk was 1 hour, traveled 3 miles and burned 541 calories. I am off to get my hair done, it has been 4 months since my last appointment, and I need to go really bad!

Debbie, I hit 18,000 steps yesterday! Great job on the workout today. You will have to give me list of Kelly's best workouts when I sign up so I know where to start.

Roxie, sorry to hear about your issues on the home front, when it rains it pours.

No time for personals, I am running late. I hope you all have great workouts today.

Good Afternoon,

Man it got cold overnight it’s only 58 today. In Kansas marijuana is illegal our state won’t legalize it I am hoping the school does something to the kid that gave it to him.

Roselyn-your welcome need anymore suggestions just ask.

Hi,

We went on a long walk today. Afterwards we went to the outlets.

We are going out to dinner with my daughter in laws parents to a famous steak house. I am sure once you wash your hair you like your new color.

Debbie - great job on your workout today. Yeah, rattlesnakes, scorpions and what else that they have here, no thank you. I am keeping Sadie on a short leash. We keep her mostly in the dog stroller. We want to go to anther trail that one is safe to walk, I bought a carrier for her today.

Diane - that is horrible your dog got bitten by a snake. There are snakes, bears in WV. I rather be safe than sorry. My son wanted to go to the Franklin Mountains, it’s to rocky for my knees. I will blow out my knees. My knees can’t handle it anymore. Nice workout.

Roselyn - let us know what you end up getting.

Julie - nice walk today. Have fun getting your hair done.

Dorren - feel better soon.

Roxie - I hear it’s getting colder. I am not looking forward when fly back home on Thursday.

Have a great day everyone.

Today was a rest day. I had my eye appointment this morning then picked up lunch for my husband and I. By then I did not want to do a workout. I will do one in the morning.

Today I did STS 2.0 Body Parts Triceps. I don't normally like these single muscle workouts as they seem like a waste of time. BUt I needed something easy so that fit the bill. Took the dog for a short walk.

Hi,

Today we hiked at Hueco Tanks State Park & Historic Site. Next time we come, we will take a tour. My son, DIL, DH and Sadie hiked up one of the mountain. It was very steep, I passed. Glad I did, they all admitted how steep it was for them. I tried going up, as soon as I did my right knee started to hurt. The rest was flat hiking, very beautiful hike. They made us watch a 11 min video on what not to do and what to do. There is a lot of historic stuff they don’t want you to touch. The trail was easy to hike besides going up the mountain. I bought a carrier for Sadie , like I mention I was afraid of snakes and what else is in the desert. Sadie goes were we go. The weather was perfect for hiking. We hiked for almost 3 hours, we only saw one mountain. There are 3 total. Like I said, next time we will take a tour. So much history. We lived in EP for 5 years and never visit the Hueco Tanks State Park. Absolutely beautiful. Afterwards we grabbed lunch.

I also did my final workout D30 Arms, ABS and core. Not sure what I will do next week?

I will be back tomorrow to catch up on personals. I am tired.

Good night.

This morning I started CDorner Cher Believe Dance and wasn't getting my heart rate up and just not enjoying it so stopped after 9 minutes, 28 calories, heart rate 96/109. Then I did CDorner Step Aerobics #50, 55 minutes, 275 calories, heart rate 131/167. Cardio was 64 minutes total and 303 calories, 6,024 steps.
I finished with STS 2 mobility 2, 17 minutes, 33 calories. I also did STS 2 foam rolling upper body but did not wear my Garmin for it.

Debbie, nice job on Ripped and Ride from January 2020. It does look like fun. I have done all of them at least once. Some of them I used the Tread Climber with for the cardio. I have read warnings on the pull overs. I have an almost constant ache up my spine, so adding the pain from traps and upper back makes things so much worse. When I had PT I did a lot of pull moves with back squeezes. They all want us to work posture muscles and then that leads to pain. It makes no sense. I could understand if it gradually got easier without pain, but I do not think the pain that really hurts is not correct. My neck and traps have been really hurting the last few days. I think for me it is more than just muscle pain. Today I was crackling all over moving my arms around. I figured something to move a bit. Tonight, I succumbed to an Advil which I really try to avoid. I try to avoid thrusters. When I see CDorner with a mat on the floor and it is cardio I usually skip to something else because it is usually thrusters or planks as part of a round like tabatas or intervals.

Roxie it got cold here last night. It was in the 50's when I got up this morning and our high was in the 60's. Supposed to be back in the 80's tomorrow though.

Doreen, I hope that you are feeling better today.

Belinda, I hope the the steak house dinner was good. The State Park historic place sound like a fun place to do a hike. Ouch on trying to climb the mountain with the knees. Wise choice to stay behind. That is good that there was a way to carry Sadie. I am finally able to leave the cone off my dog. She kept trying to scratch the bite when it was healing and making it bleed. The vet had cleaned it up really well. It was right on the side of her face. Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.