Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2023

I had the house to myself today. I did Michelle Standing Cardio Abs. I did 2 rounds (30 min) and decided to do one of her 10 min core workouts. Loved it. Her cardio is pretty decent.

The weather this weekend is nice and warm. Loving it!

Reactions: WD
Hi,

We hiked in Dripping Spring trials in New Mexico today. It was quite the uphill hike. I also did Iron Day 25 Shoulders.

Cam - I am sorry your sister in law's mother passed away. My thoughts are with you all. Great job today.

Diane - great job on your KCM timesaver workout.

Roselyn - great job on your workout today. I haven’t subscribed to Carolines new app yet. Are you thinking about subscribing?

Good night.

I had to be to work early today so I only had a half hour to get on my treadmill and get some steps in. My DH and I walked in a park close to us last night and got a little over a mile in. It is beautiful here lately. Perfect weather.

Workout was 22 minutes, burned 176 calories, went 1.11 miles, did 2619 steps and HR was 126/155.

Roselyn - I have not signed up for Caroline's app and probably won't. I like her workouts but I just can't see paying for it because I don't "love" them.

Hope you all have a great day!

Hubby and I went Kayaking yesterday - 2.5 hours and windy- my arms were tired when we got out.

I did STS 2.0 Total Body Tri-sets this morning. I just pick a choose tri-sets as the entire workout is too long. Today I did Legs, Chest, Back. Next time I'll try to do the other groupings.

I cannot believe that it is October already! My favorite time of the year is from now till New Years Eve. Saturday I walked uphill on my TM, traveled 4 miles, 1 hour 16 minutes and burned 689 calories. I ended the workout with a Chest workout. Sunday I walked 2 miles on the TM, 38 minutes and burned 365 calories. I ended the workout with a Back workout. Today I walked the pup, 1 hour, traveled 3.2 miles and burned 591 calories. I am tired from having company stay at my house for the last 3 days so no weights today. I will get on my walking pad and try to walk 2 more miles today while getting the house back in order.

Debbie, great job on getting some steps in at the park and on the TM.

Doreen, wow on the rowing this weekend! My arms would be dying as well as my back muscles.

Belinda, sounds like you are enjoying your time in New Mexico hiking!

I hope you all have a great workout today. We are in for a heat wave the next 8 days so I will have to get up earlier to walk the dogs.

Hi,

I walked early this morning and did IRON Series 30 Min Leg Workout - Circuits & Step Ups | Day 26, Week 6.

Jolie - I do enjoy spending time with my son and daughter in law.

Doreen - nicely done with your hike.

Debbie - nice job on your walks. It’s still in the 90’s here.

Diane - enjoy your workout today.

Cathe’s pre sale price going up on October 10st!!!

BBl

Today I did Raw Strength Moves, 57 minutes, 139 calories, heart rate 95/130. I then did Raw TIme Saver Cardio 18 minutes 113 calories, heart rate 149/176, finished with Raw Stretch Finisher and some added upper body stretching, 12 minutes, 30 calories. Total time was 87 minutes, 3,451 steps.

Raw Strength Moves Total Body 55:51 minutes
Uses 15 and 20# kettlebell (or dumbbell) and a barbell around 33 lb
each exercise is done 3 sets, single side right and left is counted as a set
45 sec work 15 sec rest

Goblet Squat 20# kettlebell static hold at the bottom 3 sets

Row right 20# kettlebell with other arm no weight reach forward right 13 reps and left 20# 13 reps 3 sets

barbell hip thrust using the bench 35# (Kelly does this a bit differently and did not bother my back) 3 sets 8r

shoulder press front turn overhead or option just straight shoulder press 15# kettlebell 3 sets 11 reps

Romanian split squat (Kelly explains procedure to get in position on the step) 20# kettlebell 10 r R&L 3 sets

seated overhead triceps extension 20# kettlebell 3 sets

side lunge 20# kettlebell 10 right then 10 left 3 sets

1 arm bench press close grip rotate out kettlebell (dropped weight through this) 15,12,10# ) 3 sets 8 reps repeat left

Pulover to sit up on bench 15# kettlebell 8 reps 3 sets

stretch

This morning I did RAW R&R December 2019. I did the boxing moves with Kelly, Jane was there but she was on the Peloton. I should have used my Max Trainer, but oh well.

30 seconds each exercise with no rest.

Boxing segment warmup

Biceps - 21's - 20# BB
Push/Press - 20# BB
Double Arm Row/Stand: 20# BB
REPEAT - no rest

Boxing - 1.5 Egg weights

Hammer Curls: 10's
Upright Row: 10's
Double Arm Row: 10's
REPEAT - no rest

Boxing - 1.5 Egg weights

Skull Crusher: 10's
Chest Press: 15's
Situps
Situps
Chest Press: 15's
Skull Crushers: 10's

Boxing - 1.5 Egg weights

Skull Crusher: 10's
Chest Flies: 15's
Situps
Situps
Chest Flies: 15's
Skull Crushers: 10's

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 317 calories, did 1698 steps and HR was 136/165. Fun workout! I'm enjoying these.

Jolie - Great job on your workouts, you did good for such a busy weekend!!

Belinda - Great job with your workout. I wonder how Caroline is doing with her paid app? I haven't even checked it out.

Diane - Is RAW Strength Moves new? I'm not too crazy about kettlebell workouts so maybe I can use dumbbells? Did you like the workout?

Roselyn and Doreen - Great job with your workouts!!

Have a great day everyone!

This morning I did 28 minute ride on the indoor bike and then took the dog for a quick walk.

Today I am dying from the CL workout I did; I am so out of shape! I did Wicked Upper Body #382 and this is a high rep workout with little rest periods, if any. I did basically the same weight as Cathe, but I skipped the pushups and did Chest Presses instead. Workout was just under an hour and I burned 438 calories. I am going to be feeling this tomorrow if not in a few minutes :) My husband was kind enough to walk his dog for me this morning so I could get in a weight workout. The pup is finally starting to settle down, I think I will be able to get in more weight workouts going forward. Also, when it gets cooler out during the day, I can do two shorter walks per day, one in the am and one in the afternoon. That will help me a lot and allow me to get in the gym.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I may join Kelly's program for the winter, that will allow me to use my cardio equipment as well as getting in some weights each day. I know you said it is reasonably priced so why not!

Belinda, great job on the workout even while you are on vacation!

Roselyn, nice job on the 2.0 workout.

Doreen, way to go on the bike ride and the dog walk today.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hi,

Walk outside and Iron D27 UB is done. I have to hurry. My son’s in law are coming. At least I got my workouts in.

Debbie - I think Caroline app is doing very well. I follow her on FB, she has a lot of people doing her current rotation. Eventually I want to sign up. It’s very reasonable prices for a year subscription, IMO! I am almost done with Iron. I don’t know if I want to go back to Cathe or do another Caroline programs. Great workout this morning.

Diane - your workout yesterday sounds interesting. What are the length in her strength workouts? I like 30-40 min.

Jolie - my son and daughter in law are working. Makes it easy to get a workout in. Plus, my son has a bowflex dumbbells and a bench. They also have a yoga mat ( Cathy’s round one) I bought it for my daughter in law, she does a lot of yoga. Bands, you name it. Is that a download or did you subscribe to Cathe Live? Amazing job!

Have a wonderful day and workout.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Core plus stretch, 50 minutes, heart rate 121/157, 207 calories. This alters 3 minute cardio segments with core exercises and ends with a stretch that is about 11 minutes. I then did Raw Timesaver Sculpt Shadow Boxing with 3# dumbbells (Kelly used 5's). 18 minutes, heart rate 119/158, 84 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 291 calories, 2,784 steps. My leg hurts because I ran out of the workout room and forgot that I had set my fireproof safe in the hall to remind me I need to go through insurance papers and stuff. I fell right over it and tore skin off my shin. Why do I do those kinds of things. I moved it out of the hall to a place I am not likely to forget.

Roselyn, nice work on 2.0 upper body.

Debbie, great job on Ripped and Ride from December 2019 today. I do like that there are options on those. The Strength Total Body workout is new. There is no reason you cannot use a dumbbell instead of the kettlebell. When I dropped the weight on the bench press I used dumbbells. She mentions in one spot your kettlebell or dumbbell. I liked the workout and she gives some instruction throughout. It is not done at a fast pace. When she does right and then left she makes sure even though there is a timer that she ends with the same number of reps for both sides. Heads up, there is no music in this one.

Doreen, nice work on the ride on the indoor bike and dog walk.

Jolie, that was nice of your husband to walk the dog for you so that you could get the workout in. I think I would be really sore if I did a high rep workout I would be beat. I have not done one like that in a long time. I am glad your pup is finally getting settled down.

Belinda, nice work getting in your Iron Day 27 and walk today. It sounds like you are enjoying your visit.
Kelly generally does workouts that are anywhere from 30-50 minutes. I spent more time on the weight workout because I was writing down the moves otherwise it would have been shorter. There are some short workouts for time limits as well.

This morning I did RAW Just Step 2. I was hoping this one wouldn't have any boxing in it but of course, it did. But at least it was only one segment and not very long. I have another knot and doing boxing really irritates it. Heat has helped but it's still there. I hate these damn things!! Fun workout, I like this one. I just need to make notes of the cardio ones that she does that has no boxing. I don't think there are many of them.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 310 calories, did 4305 steps and HR was 130/170.

Jolie - I doubt you are out of shape!! Your body will snap back soon with lifting, we always do! Great job with the CL workout! That one is fun and tough!

Belinda - Great job getting workouts in when you're not even home. I can't do that, kudos to you!! I'm glad Caroline's workout app is doing well. Good for her!! Wish I would have done something like that back in the day. I could be working from home doing what I love!! When I was in my hayday of working out and bodybuilding, these types of workout were not even heard of.

Diane - Great workout but OMG on tripping over that safe! I have been doing really stupid things lately, too, especially when I cook. I knock things over, I spill stuff on the floor. Very frustrating. I make this vegan ranch dressing which is very good and stupid me keeps making it in a sealed container that came with my Vitamix. Well, there is white vinegar in this recipe and it creates pressure and every time I make it and unscrew the lid, it sprays all over the place. I have done this several times so you would think I would just start using the blender instead of the sealed cup. I think that's the definition of insane - doing something over and over again expecting a different outcome? LOL!! I put a note in my recipe book to start using the smaller Vitamix I have. Good God. That stuff went everywhere Sunday when I made it. I was SO MAD! That workout you did sounds interesting, I might check it out soon. Maybe I'll try it on Friday. I want to do a total body workout tomorrow. I might do Strength Moves tomorrow if I can start early enough. Weird that it has no music.

I hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Today I went for a 4.3 mile walk with the pup, 1 hour 19 minutes and burned 661 calories. I will try to hop on my walking pad and get another 2 miles in today. I am sore today, especially in the triceps. Friday I am getting my hair done in the morning so no workout except for a dog walk and the same for Saturday, I have a Mammogram appointment first thing in the morning. I am thinking about getting a breast lift and the first thing you have to do is have a mammogram, otherwise I would not be getting one. I would look and feel so much better if I had this surgery, but I am nervous to go under the knife.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. Kickboxing tends to do the same thing to me, I think because we use weights in our hands, even though they are only 1 pound. When I start doing those workouts again, I am going to try with no weighted gloves for a while.

Diane Sue, sorry to hear about you tripping and hurting yourself, sounds like something I would do! Nice job on the workout yesterday.

Belinda, I have CL subscription that ends tomorrow. I am not sure if I will renew or do something else. Maybe I will try Kelly's workouts that Debbie does and loves.

Roselyn, great job on STS 2.0.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, hot and dry here in my neck of the woods.

I did STS 2.0 Total Body Tri Sets - premix with the other half of the exercises I did from Monday. Then took the dog for a walk. My husband is sick so I also took the dog for a walk last night and heard the strangest sound in the neighbor's tree just before we turned to head for home. Scared the living daylights out of me! I thought it was a mountain lion so I went home and google how a mountain lion sounds when it chirps but it wasn't the sound I heard so now I have no idea!!

Hi,

IRON Series 30 Min Dumbbell Glute Workout - Iron Glutes | Day 28 is done. I have 2 more workouts left.

Debbie - she is doing well. I do like her workouts. Yes, those workouts were not heard off. I am glad so many instructors are out there these day’s. Great job on your step workout.

Diane - thank you for the info on KCM. Maybe I give her a try one day. I have so many workouts, just can’t get through them all. Are you preordering Cathe’s new workouts? I know I will regret it if I don’t get them at the cheaper price. I think the presale ends on Sunday.

Jolie - that’s what I thought. I do have to admit Debbie’s workouts look great. Nice job on your walk.

Doreen - I wonder what could it be? Strange. Glad you ok. Are you preordering Cathe’s new workouts?

Roselyn - great job on your lower body workout. Are you getting Cathe’s new workouts? If so, dvd’s or downloads.

Have a great day and workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.