Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2017

I'm back from my trip with my son to the University of Nevada. It was so much fun and action packed! The Nevada Wolfpack won the game on Saturday and it was great to be able to be on the field! The players in college are huge! My son liked it so much that he committed last night! Yeah!!!!! Now we finally know where he will go to college next year and we can start preparing. What an incredible opportunity, he will play for 5 years since they will red shirt him his freshman year. He will walk out of college with a Masters Degree free of charge and they are paying him $1,400 each month to attend the school for spending money.

Today I did Chest with Triceps superset style workout. 12 reps per exercise with no rest between sets. I did 3 sets per exercise. I ended the workout with Leg Extensions and Front Squats. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 322 calories I used DB's for the entire workout.

Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset to
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12

Chest Flies- 15# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset to
Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 12

Incline Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset to
1 Arm Kickbacks- 10# x 12

Incline Chest Flies- 15# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset to
Triceps cable pulldowns- 30# x 12

Leg Ext.- 40# x 24, x 17, x 16, x 13

Front Squats- 12# x 20, x 20, x 16, x 14 Have not done these in a long time, I will be sore for sure!

Great workouts everyone! Today I will go back and read all of your posts and catch up. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, mine was great. It was 95 degrees at Newport Beach that day when we got there for dinner at 1 pm! Now it is cooler thank goodness.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Ice Boot camp Circuit 49 minutes, 283 calories, 2,196 steps.

Jolie, that is great news that your son has finally committed. Not too far away from home :)

Debbie, I bet you would be fine with the lower body without the jumping stuff in between premix. I have used that one on Ripped With Hiit before.

Today I did 4DS Back & Biceps Premix and had an ok workout. I should have done these workouts as they are, not the premix. They jump around too much and I just didn't feel like I got a great workout. But anyways, did good with it, just didn't even break a sweat.

I also walked on my Treadmill for 1.5 miles.

Workout was 63 minutes, burned 279 calories, went 4200 steps. Avg HR was 96 and Max was 139.

Jolie - I forgot you were going away with your son. I'm so glad it went so well! How exciting that he signed with them! Congrats on that!! Awesome! And nice workout! You are kicking it with your lifting.

Diane Sue - So are you talking about the 4DS leg workout or the Ripped one? I will try one of them Friday. Nice job on your workout!

I am having trouble with my new hot water heater so they are here today replacing it with a better one. I cant fit in a workout this morning so I will work extra hard the remainder of the week. Since I have to be home for hours, I am doing some online Christmas shopping and decorating the house. I guess it is a blessing in disguise since I am a little behind this year! My legs are sore from the leg extensions and front squats yesterday!

Debbie, nice job on the 4 Day Split workout today! I love the type of workouts I am putting together lately.

Diane Sue, I will check back in later to see what you have done today!

How is everyone's Christmas shopping coming along?! I'm scared!

Have a nice day.

Today's workout was Ripped with Hiit Circuit Upper with abs no blasts, 54 minutes, 119 average heart rate, 159 max heart rate, 303 calories, 1,561 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Muscle Up Chest and Back premix skipping the warm up, 15 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate average 108, max 125. Total time 69 minutes, 371 calories.
weights for muscle up
Rows 25 , 30,30 dbs superset with bench press 15, 20,20 dbs
lawnmowers 30,30,30 db superset with flies 15, 20, 20 dbs
pull overs 30,30 db superset with push ups 2 sets of each

Debbie, I was referring to the Ripped with Hiit lower body workout that I did Monday. I know you usually do not do the ones with the cardio blasts plyometric type of moves between weights. I have used the premix doing just the weights once in awhile when I did not want the jumping. Sometimes those premixes jump around and when I am trying to log weights it takes longer to find the moves to write them down.

Jolie, that is too bad the hot water heater was not working for you. I hope the replacement works better for you. I haven't put much thought into Christmas decorating yet and I have purchased 1 on line gift. I usually have the gift buying done in October.

Today I did two workouts from that treadmill app. So fun! I did one called Hiking Trail, lots of jogging up hills. Some were 3%, some 5%, some 7%. Fun, loved it! Then I did the Tabata one as well. After those two I still had some time so I walked for a few. Had a great workouts.

Workout was 46 minutes, went 2.81 miles, burned 305 calories (TM said 359) and went 6117 steps. Avg. HR was 112 and Max was 169.

I also did the ab work from ME. Love that one.

Jolie - I hope you got your hot water tank issue resolved, how frustrating!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday. I will see about which leg workout I want to do tomorrow, my left knee was bothering me yesterday and a bit this morning so I will see how I feel tomorrow.

My new hot water heater is perfect! I made the company give me a better one and install it free of charge. They of coarse try to rip you off, sorry, not this gal!!!

Today I did a superset workout of Shoulders and Biceps. I loved it! 3 sets per exercise, 12 reps using only DB's. Workout was 32 minutes and I burned 245 calories.

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset
Standing Bicep Curls- 15# x 12

1 Arm Lat Raise- 10# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset
Hammer Curls- 15# x 12

Seated Rear Flies- 10# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset
W Curls- 12# x 12

Incline Front Raise 2 Arms- 8# x 12 ( 3 sets ) Superset
Incline Hammer Curls- 12# x 12

Finisher-
1 Arm Overhead Press- 12# x 12
Bicep Curls- 12# x 15 to failure

Next week all of the football coaches from the University of Nevada are coming to our house for dinner! This really stresses me out! I think I will make Lasagna and Meatballs, that will feed a crowd. They want to meet the whole family and see where Jack my son lives ect. This is a lot of pressure! The head coach has coached Oklahoma, The Colts (NFL) and a lot of other big schools and teams. He showed me his numerous Super Bowl Rings when I met him in his office last weekend. Pretty cool.

Debbie,
nice workout on the TM today! The first workout sounds like fun! I am going to do this type of workout until the New Year and then I will decide what I will do for January. What do you think you will be doing for workouts for the beginning of 2018?

Diane Sue, Great workout yesterday. The weights you used are pretty impressive!!! When do you think the new Cathe workouts are going to ship? I know they are close to completing them but I haven't heard of a ship date.

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying your workouts.

Have a nice day.

This morning's workout was Tracey Long Longevity Staying Power, 54 minutes, 349 caloires, 2,669 steps, heart rate average, 123, max 162. I liked it, but think I was huffing and puffing way more than I normally would without the cold. I used a 5# soft med ball for the med ball segments and 8-10 pound dumbbells for the weights. I used a 12# for one segment. She hits everything nicely in this.

Debbie, great cardio workout today :)

Jolie, I would be stressed out too. The head coach sounds a bit like he likes to brag LOL I guess he wants you to know he has a good record for your son's sake.
Edited to say, it does look like he has a lot of experience :)

Last edited:
Today I did 4DS Legs & Core, but not core. I skipped a few of the exercises, but did most of them. This is an ok workout, I liked the exercises. I don't have time to type it all out, but I used weights ranging from 12's to 25's depending on the workout.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.5 miles. As you can see, I am starting my workouts bit earlier so I can get some good walking in. It's amazing what 15 extra minutes will do for you. :)

Workout was 58 minutes, burned 266 calories and went 4200 steps. Avg. HR was 95 and Max was 143.

Jolie - Not sure what I will do after the holidays. I know I am scheduling a week break here soon as I have been working out for over 12 weeks. I want to do it either next week or the week after. Then I'll figure out what I want to do. I would like to do STS or Body Beast. We'll see.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday!! Looking forward to getting Kelly's new workout, I hope it is released soon. I want to buy a few more by her as well. Need to take some time and look them over.

Today was an upper body workout yesterday I did Max 30 Cardio Challenge

Yesterday was my birthday, 53!!! I hope my fitness life can continue for a long time

Happy Birthday Roselyn!!! You are in such great shape, you will be working out for years to come!

Today I am not working out, I had the worst nights sleep. I had a super stressful meeting at my sons school yesterday and I just couldn't sleep. I did take my dog on a two mile dog walk so at least I got something in today. I am really run down and stressed out and it zaps all of my energy. My mother says "this to shall pass"! I hope so...

I got my blood test results back and I have elevated cholesterol! I was supposed to fast for the test but I did not because I can never get there early enough in the day. it was 220 so I have to hit the supplements hard. Beta S. Omegas, B vitamin and I am sure something else. This runs in my family so I need to address it asap

Debbie, great workout today, you are really killing it lately! I am so sore from my new style workouts. It is amazing by just changing the rep patterns can impact your muscles so much!

Diane Sue, I will check back later to read your post for the day.

I will be working out all weekend because I have missed so many days this week. I cant wait to get a long walk in and maybe some kickboxing.

No workout today. I went to our churches school and wrapped presents that were purchased at the school store this morning. I have such a bad cold. I came home and had some herbal tea and took a nap. I have such a sinus headache. I ate cough drops and drank water all while wrapping presents this morning. Now I have things that need to be done here. I will do a workout tomorrow. I could have done some weights or something when I got home this afternoon, but just was not feeling it at all.

Debbie, Kelly says her workouts will be out before Christmas, so hopefully soon. You are getting a great amount of steps while walking on the treadmill.

Roselyn, happy birthday. I am sure that you will keep at the workouts and be fit for many years to come :) You take good care of yourself and that makes all the difference.

Jolie, I don't blame you for taking it a bit easier. You have a lot going on. It is nice that you were able to go out for a dog walk today.

Today I did Tracey Long Focus Series lift higher (lower body) 33 minutes, 127 calories, heart rate 98 average, max 123, 605 steps. The first section with the heavier weights was good with a bit different movement pattern, but the rest was easy and I added the ankle weights to the floor work which it says is optional. I followed this with Fit Tower Total Body plus bonus core mix #1, 70 minutes, (9 minutes was for changing weights and writing weights down) , heart rate 106 average, max 137, 1,365 steps, 294 calories. Total time was 1 hr 43 minutes, 421 calories. If I used what Map My Fitness gave it would be 200 more calories and even more than that with what the workout manager had (Fit Tower workout).
Still not feeling much like cardio yet.

Saturday I walked outside and it felt great. I didn't eat prior so I was really lacking energy. I walked 5.3 miles and burned 702 calories. My calorie burn was higher than usual, not sure why? Today I am not sure if I will get a workout in, but I did order my Christmas Cards!!! Now, I have to really get on Christmas shopping or my Christmas at our house will be a bust!

Have a nice day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.