Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Sept 8

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body and the hanging ab segments of Abs/core with ankle weights on. Workout was 64" and I burned 450 calories.

Thanks for all of the well wishes yesterday. I'm hanging in there.

I think I aggravated my disc bulge. I moved a certain way yesterday and heard a pop and now I have INTENSE pain with severe headache and nothing seems to help it. I'm afraid I've protruded my disc further. I hope not though. I've been alternating heat and ice packs all morning. My low back is also acting up. I think stress isn't helping. This will make for an extremely long Monday at work.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is the colonosopy. I hardly slept. When I first took the tablets, I felt my insides just balloon and my stomach stretched so damn much. What a icky feeling. I felt like I put on weight too just from starving and now at 121 pounds. I have been eating more and cheating more then usual though too. I got to go "nose to grindstone" again with the food.

Lora,

Good to hear from you. Nice workout. So sorry to hear about the disc problem. I hope it doesn't get worse for you. You know I can relate to these things with my neck problems.

Diane Sue,

Well looks like you are cut up really good and the ice cream is not touching you. I would think burning all the calories you do, you are getting away with it, and it shows that you are. I like the picture of your hair to the side of your face as well, the best...just because you are owning the camera more there. lol. So I think I am gonna be off track here with my body til this procedure is done with. I am suppose to take more tablets this morning before I go..I cannot imagine this...I don't want to take anymore. It will all be over with soon and I will get back on track this week. Looking forward to that.

Morning ladies - yesterday I did legs - as follows
Barbell Squats 50# - 12/12
Deadlifts 50# 12/12
Calf Raises 2x32
Leg Press 25# DB 12/12
Single Leg Squats 25#DB 12/12
Deadlifts 50# BB 12/12

Squats 16 single, 4 low end BB 50#
Sit & Stands BB 50# 12/12
Static Lunges BB 50# 12/12
Plie Squats DB 25$ 12/12

today was PUB
chest flies 10/12/15
chest press 10/12/15
DB rows 12/15/20
shoulders 5/8/10
triceps 5/8/10
biceps 10/12/15 - I did really good with these. I usually struggle on the last set of 12 - but was able to complete quite good. will increase weights next time.

Toasty - good luck with the colon thing. I am sure that is scary.

Lora - hope you are well. Take care everyone!

Well, the shoulder pain I experienced on Saturday is gone, but it was bad during the day on Saturday. I took Aleve all weekend and that helped a lot. Today I decided to go lower with my weights for chest because my shoulders take the brunt of the push. I think that my chest work is one reason I'm having problems with my shoulders. I kind of feel like I hardly worked out, though. I really like progressing in weights and seeing improvement. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to do that.

1:30 minute rest between each set and exercise. 3 minutes rest between Chest and Triceps.

CHEST
Incline Barbell Press:
95# - 6/6/6
90# - 10
85# - 12/12

Bench Press:
105# - 6
100# - 6/6
95# - 10
90# - 12/12
***Felt the 105# set in my shoulders. Went down after first set.

Decline Dumbbell Flyes:
30's - 12/12/12/12

****Shoulder felt ok after this, no pain or tightness.

TRICEPS
Weighted Bench Dips:
75# - 6/6
70# - 10
65# - 12/12
***This was the same as last week.

Close Grip Bench Press:
90# - 6/6
85# - 10
75# - 12/12
***Same weights as last week.

Lying Tricep Extensions:
60# - 6/6 (up 3#)
55# - 10 (up 3#)
50# - 12/12 (up 3#)
***Went up with this one because I could stabilize my shoulders. These felt good.

That is all...

Morning Maniacs,

Well, I am not even sure I want to post this morning's workout!:eek: It was legs and shoulders and I had to lower the weights on most everything. First, the shoulder is still having issues and really doesn't like any pushing movement, even the pushups in the warmup hurt. Then yesterday I spent the day at the water park and legs were just tired and not up for it. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!:p:p

Superset A
BB Squats
8/8/8 -110# ***This is the only weight that stayed***
One Arm OH Press
8/8/8 - 25's ***down 5#:eek::(:eek:***

Superset B
Reverse Lunge
6/6/6 - 40's ***Down 2#:eek::eek:***
BSS
12/12/12- 25's ***Down 5#:eek::eek: (total of 10#:eek::eek:)**

Superset C
One Leg SB Curl
8/8/8
Spiderman Climbs
12/12/12

Then did cardio at 60/60 ratio for six rounds running outside.

Lora - Hope your pain eases up!

Char - Good Luck! Been there, done that, no fun!!

Debbie - I am right with you on the shoulder. Mine doesn't hurt in general but if I do any pushing movement, forget it, I am running for the Advil!!

Linda - Wow, your shoulder doesn't sound any better then mine does. Although today mine feels pretty good. Saturday it was horrible, though, and I was really worried. The pain lasted all day. Be careful when you do chest work, you may need to lower the weights a bit until the shoulder heals.

Char - Hope all goes well today! Thinking about ya!

Lora - How are you able to do any workouts with a disc bulge? Be careful, girl. You don't need to be laid up.

Ally - Nice workout!

Debbie - I was kind of surprised this morning when the pushups hurt. My first thought was "Oh no, there goes the chest press". Funny thing is I hurt it with rear delt flyes, but it is the forward push motion that hurts. Go figure? Glad yours is feeling better!

Debbie - I was kind of surprised this morning when the pushups hurt. My first thought was "Oh no, there goes the chest press". Funny thing is I hurt it with rear delt flyes, but it is the forward push motion that hurts. Go figure? Glad yours is feeling better!

After I got done with the rear delt flyes on Saturday I was in some major pain. But it started acting up throughout the entire workout. I may have to lower my weights for that exercise. I'm wondering if chinups are causing it as well. The weird thing is it didn't hurt on shoulder day, just back and bicep day. How can that be?

I finished my workout. I really do need to run out and get a couple of things that I found I need for all of this sanding and painting I have been doing. Got to work on the winter lawn overseeding too. To many things:)
Workout today was Amy Bento's Rumble, I did all of it stopped at the stretch and saved it for after weights I burned 482 calories and workout was 1 hr 5 min without the stretch. Weights today I did high reps and lowered the weight some.
Bowflex leg extensions 5x20reps 160# resistance Superset with/
Barbell deadlifts 5x20reps 50#
Bowflex kneeling kickback 3x20reps each side 50# resistance
Bowflex Leg Press 4x25 reps 260# resistance Superset w/
Bowflex calf raises 4x25 reps 260# resistance
I tried to take very little rest between these. My hamstrings are feeling this and the heavy bag work from Rumble:D
Abs- Bowflex kneeling crunch 3x50 reps 160# resistance
oblique alternating twists on stability ball with 10# ed ball3x16 reps
"rocket shoots" 3x25 reps 10# medicine ball
Rumble stretch using 3# dumbbells. This is a pretty active stretch but does stretch you out pretty well.

Charlotte, and Hermie thanks on the pictures:)

Charlotte, what time is you colonoscopy. Mine was late in the afternoon and I had a stomach ache and was starving and thirsty. Ate like a pig when I got home. LOL

Wow what a beautiful day.. Im glad I have it off.. I actually did my trraining earlier today so Im not too far behind you Maniacs :)

However I took Saturday off so was spossed to trian yesterday, however I PASSED OUT for almost two hours and then I just felt too tired, since THAT didn't fit into my schedule I doubled up today, adding 1/2 of yesterdays training.. and might add the rest later this evening.

Been doing some improv cardio 35 mins the past few days.. don't like this fat thing that's been going on.. Won't do it today tho it I end up doing shoulders, bi's and ab's later..

Legs-
Sissy Squats 3 X failure (8/10/10)- did I mention that these are my favourite??
So glad I found them :)
Lying HS Curls 5 X failure (8/7/8/6/7)
Squats 5 X failure (10/8/8/8/8)- went up 10 from last week, which was 10 up from
the week b4
Plies 3 X failure (12/10/10)
Cable Pull Throughs 3 X 10
Machine Step Ups 3 X 10

Back-
Pullups 3 X failure (6/4/4) yay, up form last week a 'lil
Str8 Standing Pulldowns 5 X failure (10/8/8/9/9)
OH Pulldowns 5 X 8 (failure)
UH Pulldowns 5 X 6 (failure)

Toasty- How tall are you?? From some of the weights you lift I would have thought you were more than 120 ;)

Freak- do you have a rack for your BB? You lift pretty heavy for the bench presses.. I have to have a spotter for mine as I can't lift the BB for them myself :)

Meals for today:

High calorie day

M1: On whey protein shake w/strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 (post workout)
M3: Chocolate fudge BSN w/ 3/4 c. oats, 1 tbsp. naturally more PB & 1 tbsp. flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. turkey on 1 slice Ezekiel bread; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: Yoplait light yogurt; Clif Builder Bar
M6: Chipolte Tilapia; sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese; sweet potato
M7: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites

2271 calories (2200 is goal)
63 g. fat - 25%
200 g. protein - 35% (201 g. is goal)
233 g. carbs - 41%

Pebbles - Yes I have a rack on my bench. I've never needed a spotter. And when you say you PASSED OUT, you mean you slept, right? You didn't literally pass out.

I am back from a couple of errands. Fixed some lunch. I mixed ground turkey breast cooked with salt free seasoning with one of those green giant healthy weight veggie mixes. Tastes pretty good. I had some plain yogurt post workout with protein powder. Realized I messed up and bought lowfat instead of fat free:0 I am going to go fertilze the lawn when I am done here. I forgot to mention that my total calories today was 805 calories. Weights and stretch was 323 calories. Hamstrings are already sore. Low back is too and that is not a good thing. When I do high reps on deadlifts that always happens to me. I can go heavier and slow and I am fine. Has anyone tried Cathe's nutrition program yet??

Debbie, chin ups hurt my wrists and shoulders. I don't do them to often anymore. Glad your shoulder is better today. My right shoulder has been bothering me so I have been trying to be careful when lifting shoulders. Haven't done back in awhile.

Pebblesus, nice workout. Enjoy your day off. Today is mine but I am using it to get things done without children here.

Linda, your workout looks great to me. You lift some heavy poundage:)

Ally, nice workout. Are you following a rotation??

Lora, I hope you didn't injure yourself to badly.

Diane Sue, thanks! I have trouble sticking to a rotation for more than a couple of weeks. I don't know why, but the structure or long term (more than 2 weeks) commitment scares me. I did the warp speed fat loss for the prescribed four weeks, but that is the only rotation I have every really stuck to.

The last couple of weeks I was focusing on plyometric / bootcamp / endurance / body weight work. So this week I am focusing on strength - the pyramid / gym style work outs. I got the new rotation from Debbie that she is doing and will review that this weekend.

Diane Sue - I did take the tour of the nutrition modue and wasn't too crazy about it. About a year or so ago I order calorie king - you can purchase online and download. i really like it. It all the foods you eat in the database. It is more user friendly. I think it is only 29.99 or something and they constantly update the database with new products and resturaunts.

Ally, I have read some posts about the nutrition program and watched the video. The thing that worries me is that I read that some basic things were not there. I also hate to start over putting all of those custom foods into a database that I have to keep paying for to keep it. I have a program that I paid 24.00 for that is pocket diet. I have it in my pda. Recently I purchased desktop diet and downloaded it. Now I can sync the information. I usually just use the desktop diet. It is pretty similar to Cathe's except the grading your nutrients. But desk diet also has a journal and some fitness stuff in it too. I have been tempted to try it though. The thing is I haven't even messed with the workout manager and stuff that Cathe has.
I like a rotation that has a lot of variety in it so I don't get to bored with it. The longest one I ever did though was P90X. Felt odd oding something else when I finished LOL

Hi Maniacs

Hi hardcores

Today I did the elliptical...so freaking boring for 20 minutes, I didn't want to push it today with a cardiocoach, but I'm going to have to soon out pure boredom. I then jumped on the stairmaster and it hurt my foot, so that was it! 325 calories. I just hate moderate state cardio, I always want to push it to get that winded endorphin high, but I can't with the foot.

Debbie...ok I'm dying to know about the chipotle tilapia, did you make it?

Linda and Debbie, I hope your shoulder feels better.

Char, hated my colonoscopy. I had the lemon flavored drink and haven't been able to even smell lemonaide since. I hope all went well and all comes out well, well test wise anyway..LOL.

Ally..great workout.

Diane Sue...you hide your ice cream well, love your new avatar.

Hermia...what is your dissertation on? Is it for your masters or PHd?

Pebbles, I saw your post...cats are funny...

I finally figured out the attachments yeah...one of my babies is attached ...he's a goof ball.

Amber

Attachments

• Mugsy.jpg
    Mugsy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2
Pebbles,

I am 5'7 1/2" tall. I am just a tiny thing really, but like they say...big things come in small packages. hehe

Well the colonosopy went well. I have a most beautiful colon. lol. I went to Cracker Barrel to eat lunch with my daughter and then we went shopping. I am still feeling the effects of the valium and morphine combo and feeling very mellow. lol. Tomorrow back to my 5 meals a day and a workout!

Pebs - Char is tiny except for her biceps! Those things are huge and probably make up most of her weight!!!

Char - Glad to hear you survived the test!

DianeSue
- Great pictures! Motivates me to clean up my act! Oh and thanks for the support. It's just hard to lower your weights! Smart but hard!

Ally and Amber
- Thanks for the well wishes for my shoulder. I am just hoping it is a short term problem. Makes me realize what you are going thru with your foot. I was there a while back with my knee. Have been afraid to try a Cardio Coach since.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.