Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 8/10

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I did S&H biceps followed by PH biceps and then 10-10-10 cardio. It was a great workout and I have DOMS in my triceps from yesterday. Yay!

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Meso 1, Week 2, Disc 5, Back & Triceps. Had a fairly good workout considering all the junk I ate this weekend. I am really mad at myself. And then I wonder why I'm not losing any weight. DUH! :(

My chins went down this week and should have went up. I was able to increase on pretty much all the other exercises. This workout moves fast, I got nice and sweaty and had a lot of fun! I'm so glad I decided to do this rotation.

Warmup:
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms - 15/15's
Close Grip Push Ups - 8 slow reps - love these!
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms - 15/15's
Close Grip Push Ups - 8 slow reps

Workout:
Chinups - 7
Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell) - 15/17#
One Arm Row (dumbbell)- 15/37# (these burned and went to failure)
T-Pull with band - 36/Green band
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions (dumbbell) - 15/20's
Barbell Rows - 21/65# (these were hard, she did 7 reps, stand, 7 reps, stand, 7 reps.)
Y's with band - Green band
Kickbacks One Arm (dumbbell) - 15/12#
One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell) - 15/30's
Deadlifts (dumbbell) - 8/35's (Really felt these in the low back, good exercise)
Seasaw Pushups - 20 reps (Love these)
One Arm press Down with Band - 36 reps/Green band
Chinups - 5 (I suck!)
Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell) - 15/32#
Barbell Rows - 21/60# (7 reps, stand, 7 reps, stand, 7 reps)
Double Arm Rows w/Band - 36 reps/Green band
Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell) - 15/15# (Love this one too)
Pullovers (dumbbell) - 15/35# (way too heavy)
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell)- 15/12's
One Arm Band Kickbacks - 36 reps/Green band
Pullups - 5 and then 2 (I suck!)
Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell) - 15/15's
Lat pulldowns with band - 10 reps/Green Band
Side Lying One Arm Pushups - 16 reps each side
Drop sets:
Double Arm Row Horizontal - 10/20's
Double Arm Row Horizontal - 10/15's
Double Arm Row Horizontal - 10/12's
Drop Sets:
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) - 10/12's
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) - 10/10's
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) - 10/8's

Superman on Floor Arms & Legs Elevate - 30 reps

Linda - How are you doing unassisted and assisted chins? Just curious. I see you get as many unassisted out and then you go to assisted but I can't figure out how you are doing this. Are you using a band?

This morning was the first day of Meso 2 which was Disc 13 Chest Shoulders and Triceps. Had a good workout, but felt weird not to be running around like crazy like in Meso 1. Then DS had summer school this morning for an hour so I went walking w/ DD in stroller. STS took me 1:06 and burned 337 and my walk was 1:03 and I burned 506 for a total of 843 calories burned. I feel like DianeSue today!:D

Chest
Flat Bench Press (BB) 2 warmup set of 12/40#
Flat Bench Press
12/10/8 - 80#
Chest Flys
21/10/8 - 21's
Incline Bench Press (bb)
12/10/8 - 55#/60#/60# (think I still could have gone heavier)
Incline Chest Flys
12/10/8 - 21's

Shoulders
Seated Front Press Alternating
12/10/8 - 20's
Seated Front Press Double arm To Failure
12/20's
Alt. One Arm Lateral Raise
12/10/8 - 15's
Seated Lat Raise Both Arms To Failure
10/15's
Seated Rear Delts
12/10/8 - 12's

Triceps
Flat Bench Extensions (BB)
12/10/8 - 40#

Flat Bench Extension To Failure
11/40#
Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Ext.
12/10/8 - 17#/15#/15# (had a problem here with my left arm kept collasping on the decent:confused:)
One Arm Kickbacks
12/10/8 - 17's

Debbie - You are going to love Meso 2. It is definitely your kind of workout!

Patti
- Love Debbie's rotations, they sure are tough!

Linda - How are you doing unassisted and assisted chins? Just curious. I see you get as many unassisted out and then you go to assisted but I can't figure out how you are doing this. Are you using a band?

Debbie
- Nice job On Disc 5. For assisted Chins & Pulls I have this homemade rig of Bunge cords (which hang over the bar) and a strap that connects the two. When I need assistance I put my knee in the band. Works like a band but cheap. ;) Did you find that magazine this weekend?

Debbie, my calorie burns generally work in close to what Cathe has posted in the Workout manager. I figure sometimes I probably burn more than I think. It has been quite awhile since I did the zone settings. Mine has you lie or sit with no distractions for a few minutes. (No caffeine or stimulants) to get your hr. Then you do an own zone test where you actually move through different hr zones every minute ie. 110, 120, 130 and then it tells you what zone range you should be working in. I really have only done the resting zone once and it has been awhile since I did my own zone test. I found a way to bypass it. I used to do it every time and it would go up and down:confused: I like my hr rate monitor for that reason but I need to use the features more. I think for the most part it is pretty accurate. I remember you saying which hr monitor you have but cannot remember what it is. So, which one? I know my calorie burns seem low and max hr at times but I think calories in and out match my activity level pretty well with what I am doing. I hope that I am making since.

I have one my dh got for me for Christmas from Wal Mart, believe it or not. It's a SportLine HRM. I just searched their website and mine isn't on there anymore. It's a Combo HRM, I really like it. I've spent tons of money on Polar's and was never happy with them. I had a Nike one, too, and that was ok but seemed to lose my HR all the time.

Debbie
- Nice job On Disc 5. For assisted Chins & Pulls I have this homemade rig of Bunge cords (which hang over the bar) and a strap that connects the two. When I need assistance I put my knee in the band. Works like a band but cheap. ;) Did you find that magazine this weekend?

Ok, what a cool idea. I'll have to do something like this next week.

No, I forgot to even look for it. Would you mind sending me those pages? I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Linda - I didn't even see that you posted your workout. Nice job, girl! I previewed most all of Meso 2 yesterday and cannot wait to do it! Did it feel like it took forever, though? I'm glad it clocked in at only an hour. I was wondering how long it would take. You did well! Wish we were doing the same weeks together.

Linda - I didn't even see that you posted your workout. Nice job, girl! I previewed most all of Meso 2 yesterday and cannot wait to do it! Did it feel like it took forever, though? I'm glad it clocked in at only an hour. I was wondering how long it would take. You did well! Wish we were doing the same weeks together.

Debbie - Wish we were doing the same weeks too. But, yes after the rush, rush of Meso 1 with just 30 seconds rest and hopping from one exercise after the other, Disc 13 seem to go really slow with it's 1 minute rests that did not require you to run around and switch out equipment constantly.

Debbie - Wish we were doing the same weeks too. But, yes after the rush, rush of Meso 1 with just 30 seconds rest and hopping from one exercise after the other, Disc 13 seem to go really slow with it's 1 minute rests that did not require you to run around and switch out equipment constantly.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm enjoying Meso 1, though. Such a difference from what I've been doing. I'm having a good time with it and almost want to do it over again before I go to Meso 2. I'll see how I feel after my 4th week.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm enjoying Meso 1, though. Such a difference from what I've been doing. I'm having a good time with it and almost want to do it over again before I go to Meso 2. I'll see how I feel after my 4th week.

Yes, it was definitely fun for a change, but after 4 weeks I had had ENOUGH! Especially of all the pushups! Don't think I could do 8 weeks!:eek:

I can't wait to hear what you both think about the triset leg workouts! I think that was the toughest part for me, way more difficult than the plyo workouts. :eek: I hobbled I was so sore. :eek::eek::eek:

Hi Maniacs -

I did Physique 57 this morning. The leg and ab work was pretty hard. I should really do more barre workouts! However, I tend to dread them, as I hate leg work....even if it's barre! I liked the music in this. I also started to do Ellen Barret's Walk off Belly Fat - but was interrupted with a situation that came up and couldn't finish. Workout was about 75" or so and I burned about 600 calories.

I also did AM Yoga with Rod Stryker. I need to do more yoga later if I can find time. I'm off today. I've got to go try to find a pair of athletic shoes that look dressy enough for work, as I'm having a huge problem with my forefoot.

Have great workouts everyone.

I had to run out the door as soon as I finished my workout this morning. I did Jari's Get Ripped Extreme whole workout and burned 601 calories. I then did Tracey's Circuit Zone lower body segment 2 with bonus, versa loop lower with bonus segment, biceps, triceps segment with bonus, foam roller stretch. Total calories burned was 734 45% fat 1 hr 50 minutes.

Linda, I bought this Super Band from perform better that is super strong. I read that you can use it for assisted pull ups. I bought just one. Wish now I had bought the set with the dvd. I have see uses on youtube. A friend that just finished her personal training course said that they were using them. Here is a link. There is a video clip as well.
http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx_Q_ID_E_5271_A_CategoryID_E_281

Debbie, I thought that was the name of your HR monitor. I think I saw some of those at Academy Sports and Outdoors. I think the Nike that I originally purchased would have been find if the strap could be made a little smaller. So far I have had good luck with mine. I have had it for 15 months now.

Debbie, I thought that was the name of your HR monitor. I think I saw some of those at Academy Sports and Outdoors. I think the Nike that I originally purchased would have been find if the strap could be made a little smaller. So far I have had good luck with mine. I have had it for 15 months now.

What do you have now? A Polar??? If so, which model? I had such bad luck with those. I'm glad it's working good for you.

Deb - is your Sportline HRM strapless? I saw those online, but you needed to take to a jeweler to replace battery...so I wasn't interested. I will probably get that Impulse I posted about in 6-8 months when they update it to include percentage levels.

I haven't really looked to see if it was mentioned, but was wondering if anyone else wonders how Cathe and crew are going to rehearse and film Shock Cardio when they are going on this Egglands Best tour??

I haven't really looked to see if it was mentioned, but was wondering if anyone else wonders how Cathe and crew are going to rehearse and film Shock Cardio when they are going on this Egglands Best tour??

Things that make you go ....Hmmmmm?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.