Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 7/27

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I did 4DS LIS this morning, including all weight work except the calves. My calves are still killing me from last week's LL and GS so I will wait and do them tomorrow with the rest of the 4DS leg work. I also added on the LIC blast only premix.

Gotta go, kids are awake. Have a great Monday everyone!

Morning all! I'm still on my rest week. Getting antsy to start STS though. I almost got up this a.m. to start it. I'll restrain myself and try to wait til Friday. I may get up tomorrow and do a kickboxing workout. Knee is better.

Hi Girls - Saturday, I did my ride but we went for the 50 miles instead of 40. It was good but just SO HOT. Yuck. Yesterday, I did almost 12 in the neighborhood with a friend. It was an easy ride. Not sure what will be up next. We'll see.

Diane Sue - thanks for the info about Oxygen. I do not have that issue. Will see if I can find it. Both of those TM workouts you mentioned are in that one?

Debbie - glad the knee is better. Enjoy your rest time. STS is fun but it is hard work and you will be thankful your body was 100% ready :p

Patti - I know you are so excited about the weekend. You will have to give us a full rundown when you get back, and take lots of pics!

I am finished with my workout. Getting a quick bite to eat then will be off to the bank and grocery store. I started my workout with Amy's APX lower body starting with the w/up, multi joint section and then the lower and core 406 calories
icon_biggrin.gif
Then I went on to do 2 sets 20 reps each of decline crunches with 20#, crunches with 20#, and hanging knee raises with 10# med ball 9 minutes and 51 calories. For cardio I did just the Body Max 2 Power circuits 27 minutes and burned 272 calories and got my hr up to 168 which is excellent for me
icon_biggrin.gif
I finished off with Yoga Shatki Basic Flow omitting the shavasana. Total calories burned today was 885.
Breakfast was Eat Clean Breakfast burritos from the Clean Eating Cookbook
Lunch will be Squeaky Gourmet garlic chicken with salad(no pasta)
Dinner??I am headed to the grocery store:D

Shana, yes, both of the treadmill workouts are in that one. They have a suggested workout rotation of weights and those treadmill workouts.

This is my last week in Meso 1 and I couldn't be happier!:D Today was Meso 1 Disc 10 Chest, Shoulder and Biceps. Although I will admit my Biceps have an incredible pump going by the end.:D

But here is one thing I really hate about STS. Last Monday in Disc 6 I did three sets of 10 Standing Overhead Presses w/ DB starting at 65% and the weight by 20-30% with each additional set, fine no problem, but this week those same sets were at the end of the w/o and I was suppose to increase to 70% and drop from there. Well, I upped the weights but couldn't even make 10 reps on the first set, I failed at 8, honestly I would have been lucky to be able to do the weights I did last week by the end of this workout.:confused::mad::eek::mad:

Pushups - Pyramaid Up 4 reps
Pushups - Pyramaid Up 8 reps
Pushups - Pyramaid Up Singles
16 reps
Superset Seated Lateral Raise & Seated Rear Flys (dumbbell)
12's/10
Standing Dumbbell Curl
25's/10
Standing Dumbbell Curl
20's/10
Standing Dumbbell Curl
15's/10
Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) 20's/15
Seated Rear Flys into Band Pulls
13's/15
Bonus Band Pulls
purple
Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell)
18's/15
Pushups -Wide, Standard, Narrow-3 reps 18 reps
Incline Side Raise on Stablity Ball (dumbbell) 11#/15
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls 42#/15
Chest Flys on Stability Ball (dumbbell)
22's/15
Lateral Side to Front Combo (dumbbell)
10's/8
Incline Band Hammer Curl purple
Core Pushups - boot camp style 16 reps
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell)
32#/12
Reverse Dumbbell Curl
16's/16
Stability Ball Pushups- Ball at hips,knees, feet
24 reps
Functional Overhead Press (Rt & LF) then Front rai
12's/7
Barbell Curls with Band Attached 37# + purple/15
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball
20 reps
Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell)
13's/6
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms(db)
21's/16
Pushups 21's
21 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press
32#/21
Barbell Curl Narrow Grip 43#/21
Staggered Pushups
16 reps
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (DB)
21's/8
16's/10
13's/10
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball Double Arm (dumbbell)
22's/15

Linda - So you are now done with 4 weeks of STS?? Do you take a recovery week now? And I agree with what you say, how can you possible increase weights on exercises like that AFTER you are already fatigued? I don't get it. Also, how do you know how long your rest periods are just by following the w/o manager? Just curious.

Linda: I remember that exact issue when I did Meso 1- totally annoyed me. :mad: I can't remember by how much but I dropped the weights a lot in order to get in 10 reps. Bah.

Shana: I will be able to bore you with a lot of pics, don't worry. ;)

Debbie: You'll like STS for the most part I think- I'm glad the knee is feeling better.

Diane Sue: Great calorie burn today- thought about doing the BM2 power circuits today but went with LIC. :)

Hi Maniacs -

This morning I did Chalene Extreme Burn Circuit #2. I used 15-20-25 lb DBs. I added a short med ball warmup. Workout was 59" and I burned 428 calories. I also did Classical Stretch & AM Yoga w/ Rodney Yee, Forward Bends.

I had a very hard time holding the weights for the long slow sets in this Burn Circuit. Several times, I could have lifted heavier weight, but I couldn't hold onto the weights any longer and had to drop them. My forearms were fatigued or something like that. What the heck are you supposed to do? Does this get better over time? I have lifted heavy before, but never held the weights for the long amount of time needed to hold them for the entire set done really slow mo.

Lora: I have Versa Gripps and love them. I know Linda has a set and maybe Debbie? Some people use lifting hooks but I think these are the best way to solve the problem- not cheap, though. :) Sometimes they have a code for free shipping- if I get one I'll post it for you.

http://www.versagripps.com/

Linda - I was thankful Meso 1 was over too. Meso 3 was my personal fave but 2 is fine too. I liked 1 ok but it just started to irritate me towards the end.

Linda - So you are now done with 4 weeks of STS?? Do you take a recovery week now? And I agree with what you say, how can you possible increase weights on exercises like that AFTER you are already fatigued? I don't get it. Also, how do you know how long your rest periods are just by following the w/o manager? Just curious.

Debbie - This is the start of week 4, so I have two more w/o then I am done Meso 1. Yes, I am scheduled to take a recovery week next week, but I don't really feel like I need it yet.:confused: It's dangerous asking people to push for 60,65 or 70% of 1RM by the end of the w/o, people will try and injure themselves, don't know what she was thinking there? The rest period info I have gotten from the Cathe TV STS videos where she reviews what is coming up and what you've just done. Like in Week 5 video she tells you that the rest for Meso 2 will increase to 1 minute. Here's a link to the videos, sometimes there is more than 1 for a week so they would be number 1A, 1B etc.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CatheTelevision&view=videos

Linda: I remember that exact issue when I did Meso 1- totally annoyed me. :mad: I can't remember by how much but I dropped the weights a lot in order to get in 10 reps. Bah.

Patti - Ugh, it drives me crazy! Because of course I want to do it, but can't!:p What did you do during the rest weeks?
Also I pm'd you.;)

Hi Maniacs -
I had a very hard time holding the weights for the long slow sets in this Burn Circuit. Several times, I could have lifted heavier weight, but I couldn't hold onto the weights any longer and had to drop them. My forearms were fatigued or something like that. What the heck are you supposed to do? Does this get better over time? I have lifted heavy before, but never held the weights for the long amount of time needed to hold them for the entire set done really slow mo.

Lora - Versagripps are great for trying to hold really heavy weights or something for awhile if you are doing lunges, squats, deadlifts, rows, etc. But if you are talking like slow rep Bicep curls they aren't gonna help, you will just need to lower your weights a bit to compensate for the length of time you hav eto hold them, like Cathe does in Slow & Heavy. And in time you will get stronger at the slower reps, just like anything else.:D

Linda - I was thankful Meso 1 was over too. Meso 3 was my personal fave but 2 is fine too. I liked 1 ok but it just started to irritate me towards the end.

Shana
- I am just not a big fan of endurance work, and I am sooooo sick of pushups!:p:confused:

Debbie - This is the start of week 4, so I have two more w/o then I am done Meso 1. Yes, I am scheduled to take a recovery week next week, but I don't really feel like I need it yet.:confused: It's dangerous asking people to push for 60,65 or 70% of 1RM by the end of the w/o, people will try and injure themselves, don't know what she was thinking there? The rest period info I have gotten from the Cathe TV STS videos where she reviews what is coming up and what you've just done. Like in Week 5 video she tells you that the rest for Meso 2 will increase to 1 minute. Here's a link to the videos, sometimes there is more than 1 for a week so they would be number 1A, 1B etc.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CatheTelevision&view=videos

Linda, I have the actual DVD's, I was just wondering how you knew the rest times because it isn't on the workout manager sheets. And I was reading the STS forum there for a while when everyone was starting STS and there were many people who injured themselves. I know it's because of this 60, 65, 70% of 1RM thing. That is crazy.

Hello Ladies-
I got back from Florida last night and I am glad to be home. I actually got a workout in the first day there and burned 800 calories (I would have done a back flip if I could). The second day my friend and I walked up and down the beach. The food was my nemesis but I expected that to occur.

I am starting a new rotation this week which will be circuits (this week only). I am doing 3 circuits (m-w-s) and 3 cardios(t and th will be 40 minutes each and fri will be 20 HIIT). I'll report back tomorrow on what I did.

I also started a new job this week which I think I am going to love. I will stay busy YEAH as I hate down time.

Great workouts everyone

Hi Theresa, welcome back! Glad you had a good vacation- don't sweat the food. I mean, it was your vacation, right??

Linda: I KNOW! I was so mad about that set up- darn it at the end of a wo you want to feel accomplished, not like a big weak failure.

Linda - that was my issue too - endurance workouts are not my favorite thing.

Theresa - good to have you back. Hope you had a super time!

Diane Sue - that copy of Oxygen is now in my little hands - thanks!

I am going to swim later when I get home. There is a triathlon coming up and the swim is 182 meters longer, which I would be fine with, except it is in a lake and I am not so fine with that! The bike ride is a little longer (14 miles) and the run is slightly longer (3.28 miles). It is just that $*&%(*& lake swim that is holding me back b/c I really don't like lakes. Really, really don't...but if I'm going to reach a point where I am competition in my age group, I need to do it.

I changed my meals up a little so it went like this:
B-Clean Eating breakfast burrito on low carb wrap
L- Clean Eating Cookbook Swiss Muesli Leaving out the banana and added 1/2 scoop protein powder
s- cottage cheese with some dried cherries
d- Squeaky Gourmet Garlic Chicken on salad greens

I bought stuff to make the Apricot & Chicken Curry A LA Rene from Clean Eating Cookbook. I may try that tomorrow for dinner.

Shana, glad that you found the magazine:D I don't like getting in lake water because I can't see what is in the water touching my legs.

Theresa, welcome back. It sounds like you did pretty well workout wise. It is so hard to go on vacation and not eat some goodies here and there. I always know that will happen and also know I will get back on track when I get home.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.