Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 7/24

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I got up this morning and did GS chest and triceps. I had a great chest day but my triceps were a weak mess. I was failing early on sets and had to drop my weights. Weird. I hate it when that happens. I'd like to do some cardio- was going to add it on but Max woke up early. I'll try to get a short jog in today. I'm feeling a run, believe it or not! :p

I decided to start my rest week today. I've been having some bursting pain in my right knee that is really worrying me. Not sure what it is. Seems to be ok today but still. Also, woke up with neck pain and a headache. I got all dressed for my workouts, sat on my workout room floor and just couldn't get started. Figured it's probably a good idea to just take the day off.

Tomorrow we are heading to Youngstown to see my step-mom and get my dad's ashes. So I don't think I want to get up early to workout then either.

So with these two factors, I will take the rest of the week off, maybe doing yoga a couple times next week, and then start STS on July 31st. My only concern is we are taking vacation the week of Labor Day and I'm hoping I can somehow get the recovery week from STS in at that time. We'll see. I don't want to worry about getting workouts in when dh is home and we have places to do. I'll get it worked out somehow.

Really need this rest, I feel burned out again. Looking forward to doing STS too. Getting psyched about it.

Good morning you guys :D

Today, is my free 1/2 day so I’ll be leaving around 12ish. :p

Pattie: Still……….good work:)

Debbie: I checked out Insanity and Ooh we, girl, that’s insane:eek: Have a great week;)

Any who, went to bed late and got up late. When my alarm clock went off, heck I turned it off and back in the bed. You guys, I’m going to need a minute before I can roooooooooll out of bed again at 4:30:rolleyes:

Stats:

W-U 10 minute jog

Chest
Pushups
(I did all on knees)
DB Pec flyes 2x15 #20
Slow ct Pec Flyes 2x15 #20
Slow ct pushup

Back
BB underhand lat row 2sets 40lbs
DB one arm row 2x15 #20lbs
DB lying pullovers #20

Chest
Pushups
DB Pec flyes 2x15
Slow ct Pec Flyes 2x15
Slow ct pushup

Back
BB underhand lat row 2sets 40lbs
DB one arm row 2x15 #15
DB lying pullovers #20

Debbie: Good for you on knowing when to call it a day (or er, a week). :) You'll like STS I think, except maybe for all of those darn push ups in Meso 1. :D

Teddy: Hey, good to see you posting your wos again!

Morning Maniacs -

I've got another long day ahead of me. Was up early, as I have my follow-up doctor appt from surgery later this morning. I go into work at 3:00 and work till close......so that makes for another long day. My back is still killing me from the accident.

This morning I did Gilad's Total Body Sculpt 2, segment 1. Workout was 65" with stretch from Fitness Fix. I used my band for segments and weights for other segments to mix it up. There was some punching and kickboxing moves also added in. Liked this one. Loved working out on the beach also.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - hope your knee feels better soon.

Ah, I just did my first Cardio Coach outside! How fun- I've only done it on the elliptical so it was a new thing for me to run. I just did #1 since the rotation said a 20 minute brisk walk. Anyway, that is the perfect amount of running for me- I'm a happy girl. Made up for my triceps issue this morning.

Lora: Hope your doctor appointment goes well. Girl, I don't think I've seen you repeat a workout yet! LOL. I want Insanity at some point- keep me posted on what you think. But if you have back issues, I would wait.

Patti - my DH thinks I should keep doing a different workout every day! I probably could do a different workout for 2 years straight!! LOL!!! I have been liking Bulge Be Gone and Gilad lately! I'm sort of afraid to try Insanity nursing my injuries. I might suck it up and try it (and modify a bit) soon though. Also, want to try CLX, but there is a thread stating it is bad on your back! Not what I need right now.

Hey Everyone - I decided to do CCPP last night. I could hardly get started b/c my legs were still in so much pain but thought if I could get on with it, they would feel better at some point. It was a rather weak performance, compared to my usual CCPP stats but it is done. I used all machines (bike, SM, TM and arc), running on the TM which oddly felt better on the legs than walking. Calorie burn was just over 700. Legs feel a tad better today - did lots of stretching last night with more on tap for today since the 40 mile ride is tomorrow. My legs hurt to just barely touch yesterday so today is an improvement. Sunday is going to be a big ol' day of rest, aside from stretching/yoga. Today is yoga, abs and upper body - moved those to today when I decided to do CCPP. Did do some hanging ab raises last night.

Happy Friday!!!

Wasn't feeling much like working out this morning but got one in. Bill was off and we took the children out with us to do some errands and then to lunch. I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to Fitness Kickbox workout 2 with abs repeating the cardio portion because I felt like I was not getting my hr up and really didn't know the moves well to kick it up a bit. Then I did Tracey's Yoga Solutions post cycling segment 13 minutes. Total calories burned was 428 55% fat.

Laura, I have the Polar F11 heartrate monitor. I really like it a lot. It has lots of extras that I don't use.

Laura, I have the Polar F11 heartrate monitor. I really like it a lot. It has lots of extras that I don't use.

I have the same one and love it. Had to switch out the strap though for the harder plastic one. No problems since.

Today was Meso 1 Disc 9. I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow, my legs have been jelly all day.

Squat Lunge Sequence 8/4 BW/36 & 16
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate 25#/15
Lateral Step Ups (dumbbell) 42#/15
Deadlifts Wide Stance (dumbbell) 40's/15
Side Lunge onto Six Inch High Step (dumbbell) 25#/15
45 Degree Lunge (Same Leg) (dumbells) 27's/15
Front Squats Narrow Stance (dumbbell) 32's/15
Static Low End Lunge Same Leg 3/1 Count 20's/12
Plie Squats Alternating Hand (dumbbell) 25#/24
Deadlifts Wide Stance (dumbbell) 40's/15
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with Paper Plate (dumbbell) 21's/16
Side Slide Lunges with Paper Plate 16's/16
Front Lunge Same Leg (dumbbell) 27's/15
Squats (dumbbell) 32's/15
Calf Raises (dumbbell) BW/16
Leg Press (dumbbell, High Step) 30#/15
Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform (dumbell) 40's/15
Wall Squats Double Leg (body weight) 16's/8
One Leg Deadlift (Toes Elevated) 3/1 Count 25#/12
Leg raises (r + L) 3#AW/24
Outer Thigh 3#AW/24
Hamstring and Glute Work with Plate Alternating leg 8 reps
Hamstring and Glute Work with Plate Both legs 8 reps
Adductor Glide Ins 8 reps
Adductor Hamstring Glide Ins 8 reps
Glute Presses 24 reps

Hello! Today was yoga class. Afterwards I came home, cleaned up, and did lots of errands. Blah. I'm taking a break now, but I need to work some more on packing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.